Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:27 PM Last edited by SheGamerReloaded : 17th Apr 2016 at 12:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] I disabled custom content in my sims 2 and when i enable it back everything is glitched
I disabled custom content in my sims 2 using the pop up dialog screen when you load the game, it asks you if you want to enable or disable cc and I clicked disable, so that I could build a house (without cc) thinking it would work, but it didn't and when i enabled it back everything is glitched and blue or replaced with the maxis default. I have the sims 2 Ultimate collection and I've never seen anything like this before.

I've attached photos of what it looks like enabled and disabled: THE 1ST AND 2ND PICTURE IS OF MY GAME WHEN CC IS DISABLED AND THE 3RD PICTURE IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN I'VE ENABLED IT AGAIN. So as you can see, the CC isn't there when I enabled my cc again. *I have CEP and everything needed for all the cc to work but it just doesn't work when I enabled cc angain after disabling it*

Is there something I've done wrong and could someone help me please.

Thanks
Mary

Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:36 PM
Flashing blue and/or an item returnin to a maxis one I do believe it means that a mesh is missing.
a) did you delete or remove anythin from your downloads folder?
b) did you try sellin the item and replacin it with a new one?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Flashing blue and/or an item returnin to a maxis one I do believe it means that a mesh is missing.
a) did you delete or remove anythin from your downloads folder?
b) did you try sellin the item and replacin it with a new one?

OMG so I've just realised that when I enabled CC again, I HAD TO EXIT THE GAME AND LOAD IT BACK UP AGAIN FOR IT TO WORK....SAME THING WITH DISABLING IT.
I feel so so stupid. I'm sorry for wasting your time but thank you for replying
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:45 PM
Did you delete your cache files before restarting your game after you enable CC again.

1. Start game and enable CC then exit.
2. Delete cache files.
3. Restart your game and check if there is a problem still.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Did you delete your cache files before restarting your game after you enable CC again.

1. Start game and enable CC then exit.
2. Delete cache files.
3. Restart your game and check if there is a problem still.

I'm sorry for wasting your time, I've literally just solved my own problem after posting this....but I can't delete it the thread....do I have to wait till a certain time or no?
Theorist
#6 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 6:10 PM
No worries, it wasn't a waste of time. We all have these moments. Glad you figured it out.
Site Helper
#7 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:57 PM
If it's any comfort, you've probably solved the same issue for a lot of other people when you mentioned that you had forgotten to exit and reload the game after disabling/re-enabling your CC. It's easy to forget. <3

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 10:31 PM
I just had a similar problem and found this thread, which solved my problem. Yes, even years later this is still helpful.