View Single Post in: Modding - Wallpaper: wallMaterials_tslocator_gmdc (default wallpapers have meshes); Settings for bump-mapping; Update 2006-07

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
In my experience if you manage to alpha bits of a wallpaper, you just get the drywall texture showing through, like you get the flesh colour when you cut alpha holes in clothes.

That's a relevant and parallel analogy. Direct and straight-forwards...
When i used transparent texture or other settings, the resultant wallpapers would just show the default wallpaper. Worse in extreme settings like the following, the wallapper cannot show its mesh in-game at all, and it's all dark under "blendmode"="additive"... Well, probably it means nothing to draw or show at all. for that region of the screen.where the wallpapers are on.

So far, only wall-mask can reveal what be supposed to be behind the walls in the 3D illusion.

Update:

001-
Lol, it seems HCP wallpapers can already do the bump-map job. What one has to do is to:

1. @ the package in Simpe,
1a. Create or clone a txtr file for the bump-map.
1b. Name the bump-map without adding the symbol "_" except the suffix "_txtr" for the txtr file names (This is probably a necessary step.)
1c. (Probably necessary to copy the "group ID" before) Fix TGI.
1d. Commit and then save

2 . @ the txmt file,
2a. properties; stdMatNormalMapTextureName = (the new bump-map name)
2b. file list; add (the new bump-map name)
2c. Commit and then save

Note:
a. the presence or absence of cs properties won't affect the bump-map effect. However, the presence of certain lines of the cs properties does affect how the wallpapers look somehow but not much with the default settings. One of those certain cs property settings appeared to be the reflection map, csEnvironmentMapTexture. I'm unsure if there's any difference(s) between csEnvironmentMap and stdMatEnvCubeMode.
b. this's not a procedure for a mesh-based bump-mapped wallpaper.

As for bump-mapped floor tiles:

1. @ the package in Simpe, (just like the same for bump-mapped wallpapers)
1a. Create or clone a txtr file for the bump-map.
1b. Name the bump-map without adding the symbol "_" except the prefix "floor_" and the suffix "_txtr" for the txtr file names (This is probably a necessary step.)
1c. (Probably necessary to copy the "group ID" before) Fix TGI.
1d. Commit and then save

2 . @ the txmt file,
2a. properties: press "add" 4 times for 4 additional lines.
2b. properties: input
stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingU: tile
2c. properties: input
stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingV: tile
2d. properties; input
stdMatNormalMapTextureEnabled: true
2e. properties; input
stdMatNormalMapTextureName = (the new bump-map name)
2f. file list; add (the new bump-map name), and probably even the texture name.
2g. Commit and then save

002-
The cs properties at least tell us some of the game default textures used for the wall segment.
After all, I've extracted most of them, I believe.
The top graphic is dark brown in general..
Some of them are completely black with RGB = (000,000,000).
For example, wall-wallpaperw2coffer-bump_txtr is completely black. "coffer" sounds "cover" to me in terms of English in a phonetic way. But, I've no idea what "w2" may mean. Or, I may mischop the string or misinterpret.

May clone the related files and make some invisible or transparent "mutants" for them to see if aa global type of replacement can happen.

But, I'm not very optimistic about it coz i failed to do the same on the tile siding texture. I can be wrong some settings as well. Anyway, probably, there're some unknown and unlocated settings that controls where the files to read in order for certain textures to be used. Or, there're private and public textures.
I'm unsure if the file filelist.txt has anything to do with how the game define what files to be private.
Maybe, a testing to add a custom file in the list can probably do a thing or not.

003-
the attached is the wallpaper graphical extracts and some related extracts.

Terrain paints can have bump map, but I'm unsure how to approach properly yet. Clones of terrain paints from the game can have it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  wall.rar (334.9 KB, 127 downloads)