View Single Post in: Testers Wanted: Transparent Floor Tile Set

Mad Poster
#126 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 8:21 AM
Smile 2-sided/Doubly-sided version of Rgiles' transparent tiles as an addition to this thread
Hi all,

This's a doubly-sided version of Rgiles' transparent tiles as an addition to this thread.
Users can choose which version to use.

What I did:
1. I altered a setting to make them doubly-sided.
2. I re-sorted or altered the frost tile settings. Back to the days, such sorting wasn't easily done or considered necessary due to insufficient amount of knowledge about that. I did this just as an improvement hopefully.

Differeces:
1. this set are doubly-sided, and that means these tiles can be ceiling tiles as well. They're "bottomful".:D
2. the frost tile has been fixed to be HCP-friendly at least true in the base game configuration. UNI and NL with HCP are reported working well.

Similarities:
1. similar file sizes
2. same guid IDs

Limitations:
1. use either set due to the same guid ID.

How to choose:
1. the doubly-sided version will take about twice amount of system resources the singly-sided version needs to run, so users with not much system resources may try the singly-sided one first to see the hardware can afford that first before trying the doubly-sided version.
2. the singly-sided version will remain for users with fewer system resources.

Distribution Issues:
May read this post

Problems, trouble-shooting or how to do doubly-sided tiles?
May read this thread.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  niol_2sided_RGiles_transparent_tiles-20060627.rar (71.7 KB, 4884 downloads)