View Single Post in: Rejected upload

Instructor
#13 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 9:00 AM
It's probably tribecca sims. They are pretty territorial and won't even let you include their *ground covers* in an uploaded lot (as a builder I ask you, what, then, is the point? especially when made with a free texture). So, it's a free site but you have to link to them instead of including any of their stuff in the upload.

I'd also double check the policy of parsimonious (IIRC I don't think they like people including their stuff either) and reflex sims as well.

As for deleting groundcovers- I wouldn't worry about it. People will get the flashing blue, yeah, but that goes away as soon as they paint the lot or delete the groundcover, so if you ask me it isn't a real problem.

I think MTS2 usually allows unknown groundcovers if you show you tried to find them or give an explanation- sometimes it is okay, and sometimes not though- it seems to depend on what mood they are in. And a lot of people upload tribecca groundcovers with lots and no one seems to care, so long as they give the link. But I think parsimonious is a no.

patul- that's a good idea, with the "thankable" stuff folders. Do you use in-game collections, or only sort them in your downloads folder?

If the creator doesn't have a stated policy, if I were you, I would skip writing them and just leave it out. I, personally, feel that if the policy is not made clear they have no right to complain or place an extra burden on the builders so long as a link is given, but that is how the sims community seems to work. It is easier just to avoid the mess entirely because it only causes problems.