View Single Post in: Testers Wanted Flamingo-of-Contentment

Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 12:06 PM
The next update at livin-it-up is Dec 4.

Yes, it was a bit upsetting, somebody modding my thing without asking, and stepping on my object name and doing the same thing to it that I think I had already mentioned elsewhere. When people are learning, they do of course study other "hacked" objects and find out how to do certain things, but generally have better sense than to make such a trivial change and publish it as their own.

Of course, things are a bit primitive in the sims2 modding world, and most of the objects are really crude, not worth doing. (The patches, however, are magnificent, especially the Pescado patches.)

The two basic problems are that

(1) extracting an object is lots of work and tricky. That's why I've decided to just make flamingoes for a while. I can re-use my extracted flamingo that works well and have half the work done already. That does make it a bit more irritating when somebody takes the extracted flamingo and makes a trivial change to it, of course.

(2) Some of the instructions in the code have changed format since sims1, and the new format is undocumented. For example, the "relation" instruction; writing the "flamingo of decay" (adds one STR point to slow decay, but you can place a bunch to have friendships go up instead) would have been a half-hour job in sims1 but took 3 days of my spare time.

(3) because of these difficulties, it's hard to do anything but the crudest hacks. I was fairly happy with the idea of the mood flamingoes (and the aspiration flamingoes) because having a mood adjuster that leaves room for motives to drop (thus allowing the Sims to behave more normally) is a reasonably sophisticated idea (I've never seen it done anywhere in sims1 until CaliSims requested the "Venere di Bellagio&quot but trivially simple to implement.
I included a flamingo of ecstasy (all Motives raised to 100% unconditionally every half hour) both for completeness and
because sometimes it's useful to have it.

(4) halfway through, I switched from Inge's GUID system to simpe's system. Things are so up in the air here....

[file=e107_files/public/12025_liugno2happy2.zip]12025_liugno2happy2.zip[/file]