View Single Post in: Mini-Tutorial: A broken glass for your windows *UPD 11May2005*

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
Old 11th May 2005 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JayAngel
Numenor, Firstly I want to thank you for your excellent tutorial - I am now making stained glass windows happily using the tutorial_glass file that you uploaded. I would like to use the different shaped Maxis windows but when I use Object Workshop to recolour they have no texture file and I don't know how to produce one.

The tutorial_glass package can be used for other windows (almost anyone but there can be some exceptions), but you have to modify the Material Override. Do this:

1) Clone the window you like, with all the cloning options unchecked
2) Examine all the Material Overrides, looking at the field "Subset": search for a subset that refers to the glass.
3) Export the chosen Material Override, then close SimPE without saving.
4) Open the tutorial_glass file and, first of all, *replace* the Material Override with the one you have previously exported.
3) Now select the newly imported MMAT and change the "defaultMaterial" parameter to zero (= false)
4) In the "name" field, write ##0x1c050000!windowloftdoublehung_overlay_clear
5) Commit and save.
6) Now you can follow the tutorial using your modified package, instead of the original tutorial_glass one.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.