Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nature's Theme Modern home

by jokersworld Posted 11th Jun 2006 at 4:03 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2006 at 5:31 PM by jokersworld

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:53 PM
Please please put on the furnished version,...I love the house and all the things in it...Thank you! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:57 PM
I tried to reply to you last night, but the site went down for maintanance so it didn't come thru..

Basically what I said, is that you didn't do anything wrong.. and I understand why you cleaned it all out.. It's just that for those who are not used to searching out files for houses, your links could have been a bit better.. For me, it wasn't too much of a problem.. I do have experience doing this.. I've done it since Sims 1.. I was a house tester back in those days for several friends websites. You did give me some decent clues.. but for those not so experienced.. it can be frustrating. Here are a few links I did manage to track down.

Mosaic walls & tiles --- (Cerisedrea) she did three sets, so I ended up downloading them all.. still not sure if these are correct.

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=86326

===================================
Tiles --- HappyMoonBelly (I'm assuming it is the African Dance Wallpaper and floor tile, as it's the only tile floor.. unless she has posted elsewhere)

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=41641
Now this one was tricky.. since they don't have a build mode section.. I think I found them in a house file.. I'm not positive tho..

Stairs --- http://www.pimp-my-sims.com (Funny2401)

First houses page, bottom house called "PmS Avenue 4"
Hopefully they should be able to find the rest.. Uploading houses and tracking down files is a very difficult thing when you use custom content, which is why I will never be an uploader and always be a downloader ;-)

I think.. and please don't quote me.. that you can leave some of the build files in the houses if the creator allows it.. Most are very understanding when it comes to something that is needed to keep the feel & style of the house intact... I know I've downloaded quite a few here at MTS with said files, but they've ALWAYS posted links to where the files actually came from, with due credit to the creator..

Sorry this was long winded.. I just wanted you to know I DO appreciate very much for you being so generous and sharing your beautiful house with us.

Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikedelaney16
Try using the "boolprop lotTerrainPaints false" cheat and then saving. You'll lose all those little gravel pathways between the trees, but at least the ground wont be flashing blue.

Never mind, it reverts to flashing blue when you enter it again later.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 10:38 PM
I usually select the terrain tool.. set it to the largest ground cover area.. then hold down the Ctrl key and go over the area with it..(all you are doing is removing the terrain) this should take care of the flashing blue... If you see flashing blue from the neighborhood screen? It usually means that the creator has set something outside of the lots boundry lines with a cheat, at least that's been my experience.
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 11:39 PM
Classic and Sweet
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zTinkerz
I usually select the terrain tool.. set it to the largest ground cover area.. then hold down the Ctrl key and go over the area with it..(all you are doing is removing the terrain) this should take care of the flashing blue... If you see flashing blue from the neighborhood screen? It usually means that the creator has set something outside of the lots boundry lines with a cheat, at least that's been my experience.

It didn't help me with the blue. I can't seem to make it go away at all. Although I'm starting to wonder about the transparent tiles used because RGiles states that they're only supposed to be used with a foundation.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 1:01 AM
Hummm... I know this has been asked quite a few times, but do I have to manually download everything in the list for the lot to display properly? I know the furniture doesn't come with the lot, but do I have to download the trees, stairs, floors, etc? It's really confusing...
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 1:04 AM
Jokersworld, someone mentioned that in the package file there is only the lot for upload, so maybe if you could re-package leaving the terrains-walls-floors that you used and maybe other build items also that creators allow destributing , it would be better and the terrains would solve the flashing problem.Trust me i speak from (bad) experience lol

It's a truly spectacular lot, i love everything about it, well done!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 3:38 AM
I have downloaded this house because i think it is beautiful,however when i entered the lot everything outside is flashing blue and there is no wall paint or any tiles in the house.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:04 PM
i love this house so much!!
any chance of removing the garage and the NL stuff cause i dont have it...i have everything else. NL was sold out when i went to get it and i really want this home! ?
please PM me thanks =)

Always say thankyou for a download
Always ask permission to alter someones download
Always ask to post an alteration of a download
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:16 PM
Blue is flashing for me too I tried everything and nothing worked to remove the blue.. Like everyone else, I really would love this house in my game, providing we can figure out what the problem is.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:18 PM
flashing blue means that what origionally was in the house (custom content) you do not have...i hd this problem one time when once turning my custom content, most of my lots had this strange flashing blue.

Always say thankyou for a download
Always ask permission to alter someones download
Always ask to post an alteration of a download
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 10:08 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been very busy these past few days. I will be uploading this house again but furnished. Hopefully that will take care of the problems a few of you have been experiencing. Also due to many requests for a furnished version.

I also finished creating a new house (4 bedrooms) running for about 600,000 simoleons. I will upload this one furnished as well, sometime this week. Only problem with this house is that I used mostly Solander sets. I don't think he allows people to upload his objects.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 11:58 PM
It is a beautiful house and would love to have it in game.. but all it does is flashing blue. Try to do all the things here recommended and even talking to others who know more than I.. but NOTHING work. So have to delete it from the game.

But wanted to let you know I do think is a beautiful home and I am sure it must look awesome in your game. Thank you for letting me see it.

Happy Simming,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Field Researcher
#40 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 12:44 AM
That is a gorgeous house!!! Great style and great job!

Thank yo for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 4:50 AM
Jokersworld, this house is beautiful! Amazing job on the house
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 12:07 PM
Default Flashy blue
Quote: Originally posted by Cheng101
flashing blue means that what origionally was in the house (custom content) you do not have...i hd this problem one time when once turning my custom content, most of my lots had this strange flashing blue.

The flashy blue appearing outside is due to the custom grass ground used in the original house. Deleting with CTRL+ground tool does NOT work in this case unfortunately. The creator simply needs to give the link for the grass ground(s) he used. We can place it in the game temporarily, delete the ground with CTRL+any ground from this lot and then remove the custom ground file from the downloads if we don't want it in our game.

SOLUTION: link to custom ground floor used

in any case s/he said s/he will upload an updated version, hopefully ground will be included in it.
Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 12:15 PM
You rock dude. You just saved me like hours putting together a better home and I don't care how long it takes me I'm gonna hunt down those pesky little meshes and get them. I'm still new to the sims too but what I have seen from reading and downloading from all kinds of sites is the general rule with meshes is either they let you put it in your download (RARE) or you link to the exact url and give the name of the mesh or what most sites prefer is you link to their home page not the exact url BUT you write down the name of the mesh you downloaded. I only been playin sims for like a month so I could be wrong. Anyways a lot of uploaders don't name the mesh and it's like hunting for a needle in a haystack but definatly worth it for some downloads like this one.

Anyways dude thanks for saving me hours on making my home but added hours for finding meshes just teasing though I don't really like making the homes but I love downloading :-)
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:31 PM
Yeah i'm having issues with the tiles too, they keep flashing blue!!! Could the creator of this house please upload it with all the furniture, wallpaper, and tiles included? I loved the way it looked inside and everything about so I will just download it again when you hopefully do so. Thanks.
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:51 AM
I have tried to find the terrain in the site http://www.parsimonious.org/, but in vain except only one. Here is the link: http://www.parsimonious.org/decorating2/ground/1.shtml, the second of the last row.

Little Maid in Clifford Park.
Welcome to DG-Juice.
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:08 PM
U r a very modest arhitecture i've ever seen.. lol... u sacrifice ur sleeping hours,providing us with ur hardwork... its a muz to give a boost... i appreciate your every bits of efforts.. and yes.. this house looks gorgeous with ur tactful furnishes whether or not.. i will keep up with ur updates... thanks for the seriousness in being a perfectionist...

Feeling out of place, out of time
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:24 AM Last edited by mikedelaney16 : 19th Jun 2006 at 5:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Valtellina
I have tried to find the terrain in the site http://www.parsimonious.org/, but in vain except only one. Here is the link: http://www.parsimonious.org/decorating2/ground/1.shtml, the second of the last row.

Nope, it's not one of the 67 ground cover files on that site anyway. I downloaded them all, I still get blue ground.

I have now spent far too much time trying to get this lot working properly in my game, so I'm deleting it.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 10:47 PM
love it
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 9:38 PM
This has to be one of the most amazing houses I have ever seen for download - but is the flashing blue glitch fixed? Did you reload?
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 11:00 PM
excuse me but i see a blue grass and it's horrbile what cn i do
Page 2 of 3