Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Triple Wide Double Hung Window ****Fixed****

by Cooldadx4 Posted 13th Jul 2006 at 9:09 AM - Updated 21st Jul 2006 at 4:49 PM by tigmomx4 : added links to my other windows !

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 9:15 AM
I love it! Make recolors please.
Alchemist
#3 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 9:24 AM
Wow. I never seen a triple wide window before.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 9:28 AM
Triplea : I'm going to leave the recolors to the recolor experts !

pfish: I made this because this is the exact same front window I currently have in my real house and thought it needed representation in the sims !!!!

Thats it for now im off to bed !!!!! LoL
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 10:32 AM
Wow this is great -thanks!

I'm working on recolours now :D
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 11:48 AM
Awesome! Thanks :D

Can't install .rar files? I recommend: Sim File Maid 2

Imma Scene_Core_Dinosawr_x
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 1:05 PM
Excellent mate! These should have already been included by Maxis. Thanks for sharing.

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 1:31 PM
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 1:55 PM
wow! This is great! Thanks :D!!! I'm going to use this in loads of my houses!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 6:02 PM
wow! this is awesome,...ive been waiting for people to start creating three tile windows as I really need them to build the houses on my street in my game...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 8:22 PM
Does it pull it's colors from the maxis mesh?
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 9:00 PM
no it has its own texture ...There is already someone who made recolors for it and they should be up later today if approved by the staff at MTS2...
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 9:37 PM
Aye I made about 8 recolours and submitted it to mts2 this morning around 6am. If approved they should hopefully come out this evening. I'm happy to take requests for specific colours as well.

I did black, white, red, yellow, blue, purple, green, orange
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 10:00 PM
sounds good to me ...Maybe some natural wood recolors would be cool also ....
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 10:01 PM
This looks great! Downloading now, thanks
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 10:02 PM
Oh yeah i am also in the process of making a double wide double hung window that is actually bigger as far as ceiling to ground height it is half done and already looks pretty good so you can recolor that one also !!!!!
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 2:21 AM
Does one need OFB for this window to show up in the game? I only have NL and it does not show. Shame really as I do love it. Could you advise me please? Yes I have the latest CEP.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 3:23 AM
to tell you the truth im really not sure ..I thought since it isnt pulling anything from anywhere it should work will all ...But apparently not if it is not working in your game ...If any one knows anything on this please advise ..And if it is true you need OFB then i guess i will figure out some way to make it base game compliant if it is possible ...Thanks
Instructor
#19 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigmomx4
to tell you the truth im really not sure ..I thought since it isnt pulling anything from anywhere it should work will all ...But apparently not if it is not working in your game ...If any one knows anything on this please advise ..And if it is true you need OFB then i guess i will figure out some way to make it base game compliant if it is possible ...Thanks

Thanks tigmum, that would be great if someone out there would know the answer and perhaps other ones in my situation confirm my suspicion. There are no triple tiled windows out and I would LOVE to have it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#20 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 3:02 AM
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 4:42 PM
I bet the window i cloned to make it a 3 tile mesh was an OFB window and i guess then you would need OFB to use it ...Ya know there are other ways to get OFB then buying LoL....
Instructor
#22 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 2:29 AM
I bet the window i cloned to make it a 3 tile mesh was an OFB window and i guess then you would need OFB to use it ...Ya know there are other ways to get OFB then buying LoL....

What do you mean by that?? Can you find a way of making it available for us poor ones without OFB and having no intention of ever getting it?
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 2:52 AM
First off why would you not want to spend the $20 or so to get an exp pack to make a great game even better ? It could be worse they could just do away with exp packs and when they decide to make it better they could just completely redo the game then charge you $75 a pop for a better game ... And if you look hard enough you can find ANYTHING on the internet, thats all im saying....
Instructor
#24 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 1:48 AM
First off why would you not want to spend the $20 or so to get an exp pack to make a great game even better ? It could be worse they could just do away with exp packs and when they decide to make it better they could just completely redo the game then charge you $75 a pop for a better game ... And if you look hard enough you can find ANYTHING on the internet, thats all im saying....

It's not the money, I just don't have any interest to do business. I got NL because of dates, cars and slow dancing. I didn't want Uni as I want my kids to grow up and get married quickly. I will get the one with the pets. So you see, our tastes and interests are all varied. I suppose you now have to edit your upload to mention that OFB is needed.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#25 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:24 PM
Actually tigmom, its not spending the $40 for an ep, which is what its costs for a mac, but that OFB isn't available. Neither are any of the other stuff, like FF, and glamour life when it comes out in august. And there are no 3-tile windows for the base game or NL. But zookini made a 4-tile that is base compatible http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=139870
Page 1 of 2