Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#1251 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 6:35 AM
Hello everyone,

someone posted in one of my threads today that he can´t use my window-sill meshes. Whenever he tries to load buy mode, the game crashes. I don´t have this problem in my game, so I´d be glad if someone could have a look at the files and see whether he can find something or just tell me whether the problem occurs for him to.
Here´s the thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...720#post1363720
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1252 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Are you looking at the package's source? Or are you looking at the various strings in SimPE's pluggins?
err... are you talking to me ?

The letter appears in the filename :

Am I wrong ?

- Speech is silver but silence is gold -
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#1253 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 7:20 PM
No, you're right. And that would cause problems (I think).

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Instructor
#1254 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Are you looking at the package's source? Or are you looking at the various strings in SimPE's pluggins?

Me you mean?
Some SimPE pluggins has ben fun to have
Where can I download them?

Unauthorized incoming post!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#1255 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 9:23 PM
I was talking to Ben♣.

Instructor
#1256 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 9:52 PM Last edited by morten8035 : 19th Aug 2006 at 12:20 AM. Reason: added the word: find :P
Ok
Where can I find SimPE's pluggins?

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#1257 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 10:09 PM
What? Could say that again a bit more clearly? SimPE comes with a host of pluggins. They're the editors for the various resoruces in the packages.

Instructor
#1258 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 12:20 AM
I mean:
Where can i FIND SimPE pluggins?
sorry for my english.

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#1259 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 1:01 AM
You'll see them on the pluggin tab at the bottom of the window.

Instructor
#1260 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 11:11 AM
Where?
I wants som new pluggins

Instructor
#1261 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 4:08 PM
Texture problem.
I have a texture problem, it is possible to fix that?
You can see a texture problems at arms, head an front of at the reaper statue.[IMG]snapshot_51b71e96_91f4bbcb.jpg [/IMG]
Screenshots

Greatest Dad Ever
#1262 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 12:29 AM
did you uvmap the new item ? if you alter a mesh you will also alter the uvmap coordinates and therefore wind up with texture problems like this ...If you didnt remap the new item then i suggest looking through the create section of MTS2 and you will find a few tutorials on uvmapping ...
Instructor
#1263 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 7:35 PM
yes, i used the uvmaping tool.

Greatest Dad Ever
#1264 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 8:01 PM
I had this same thing happen to me and I think it was because i altered the mesh so much as far as the shape went that I wound up just scraping the project because i couldnt figure it out LoL hope you have better luck !
Lab Assistant
#1265 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 8:48 PM
Default Question about shadows.
I have a question about shadows : in GMDCs, shadows shapes are usually unchecked. Why ? does it mean the object won't have shadows when they're supposed to appear ?

Greatest Dad Ever
#1266 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 8:54 PM
SimPE just checks the regular shapes as a standard and doesnt check mark the shadows ...It has nothing to do with the way the object will appear in game ...If you dont want shadows to appear (say if youve seriously altered the mesh) then you can just delete the shadow in the parts tab...but if you do alter a mesh a lot and you do want shadows then you will have to adjust the shadow mesh accordingly which is why i just delete them LoL.....
Test Subject
#1267 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 1:15 PM Last edited by Hot Flame : 24th Aug 2006 at 11:25 AM.
EDIT: I found the cause of the problem, and I've solved it now, and my mesh has been imported into SimPE.

Original Message:

I just finished meshing a new bed, as part of a bedroom set I am creating, and when I tried to import the mesh into SimPE, I got this error:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index SimPE Version:
Default (0.58.1.29278).

Exception Stack:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.BuildGroup(ImportedGroup g)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.ProcessLists(ImportedGroups grps)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.LoadGroups()
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.AbstractGmdcImporter.Process(Stream input, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.StartImport(OpenFileDialog ofd, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, String defext, ElementSorting sorting, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.BuildGroup(ImportedGroup g)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.ProcessLists(ImportedGroups grps)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.LoadGroups()
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.AbstractGmdcImporter.Process(Stream input, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.StartImport(OpenFileDialog ofd, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, String defext, ElementSorting sorting, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I don't understand what this means, so, any help is thanked

- HF

Dear Mods/Admins:

Please delete this account, because I don't want one untill June 2007, for reasons I do not wish to explain here.
Very sorry for all the wrong things I have done; you will know what I'm talking about.

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1268 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Mage : 23rd Aug 2006 at 4:49 AM.
Ben, Those boxes are for you to check which parts you want to export. SimPE just guesses what they are.
Lab Assistant
#1269 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 8:04 PM
Yes, I already know it Mage. I was wondering because most of the time creators let shadows but don't modify them... (or should I say, most of the packages I've opened)

It's true it's not always easy but I try to modify them anyway.

Thank you both

Greatest Dad Ever
#1270 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:08 AM Last edited by tigmomx4 : 25th Aug 2006 at 6:47 AM. Reason: removed door rar found problem
ok i have a new problem i have not come across so far in making windows ...I have this construction set im doing and one of the windows was a 2 x 4 wall stud . well i had a request to make that to have insulation showing on one side and the other side be able to have wallpaper put on ...So what i did was change the material definition file of the south wall mask to reference a NEW wall mask material file where it is all white so the wall completely shows up on one side and i have the north side referencing the original wall mask which completly takes the wall away on the other side so essentially it is a one opening window ...I had everything working perfectly when i just had the straight window done ..Now i have added the diagonal and now the window is only able to be placed in one direction ...And that just will not work ..I could do away with the diagonal wall but i think that part is essential to this window set ..If anyone knows why this is happeing please let me know as this was a requested piece and i would like to get this up ASAP ....I have included a pic and the two windows .....

found door problem !!!!
Field Researcher
#1271 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 4:47 AM
Somehow I accidently made a desk that costs 0 simoleans. Is there a way to change the price?
Greatest Dad Ever
#1272 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 5:05 AM
Yes ..First open the package up in SimPE ..Then click on object data ...Then click on the object data file with no numbers ..then in the plugin view click on raw data then select decimal at the top then scroll around in the window until you find price change the price commit and save and now your item has a price associated with it ....
Lab Assistant
#1273 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 6:23 AM
Hey tigmomx4 i uploaded the doors into my game, and it crashed just like you said, so i tried again but left a few of the files out and it didn't crash, but the door was flashing blue... So I added this file >>> 1tiledoorbytigmomx4.package and my game crashed once again...Could this be the reason it's crashing? And is there anyway you can use SimPE to fix it? I also removed all files from my downloads and left that one in and it crash when I went to the doors in build mode....
Greatest Dad Ever
#1274 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 6:30 AM
ok so i now know which one is causing the problem now i just need to take a look at it and see if i can fix it ...the flashing blue texture is because them doors use a texture from an object that isnt in your game ...i created 1 single object in this collection to be used as the texture holder so as to save disk space by not having to have texture images for every single piece in this set ...BTW those doors and the windows to match them will be posted whenever i get this door fixed ...
Lab Assistant
#1275 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 6:40 AM
Ok, thank you...
Hope you can get the doors fixed
Locked thread
Page 51 of 60