Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 1:10 PM
Default How to Change Sims 1 objects to Sims2
What process and programs are needed to use sims 1 objects in sims2
How do you change everything to be able to make them work in sims2
Somebody I thought said something about sims 1 categorizer? How would you do this?

Thank's for Help!!!

P.s Is there a simple program to use where you can make new terrains for
new neighborhoods?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 2:30 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 31st Aug 2006 at 2:38 PM.
Sims 1 objects are not really compatible with Sims 2... if you want Sims 1 objects for Sims 2, you'll have to recreate them using normal creation methods, patterning their meshes and textures after the originals.

New neighborhood terrains are created in SimCity 4. There's a tutorial on it if you look under Tutorials at the top of this forum, stickied, "Guide to Creating Custom Neighbourhoods."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 3:41 PM
you can't becuase the sims 1 objects aren't 3d they are all just 2d images.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 1:25 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Sep 2006 at 4:45 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
how do you create whole new items, i need some stuff before the site goes down and i know how to clone stuff and make it a little different but how do you make new objects like how do you know what size it needs to be?

I posted in the request place what items i needed made but if someone can teach me how to make them myself that would be great! And i already did the start 2 finish and am pretty good at the cloning process! Also any animation programs/tutorials?
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 2:06 AM
Keep working on creating simple items like tables, chairs, etc., as shown in the tutorial you've already done. Practice that, uv mapping, and creating good textures for your items. Do tutorials on your program of choice that teach you more advanced modeling techniques so you can learn to render any shape in 3d. See the tutorials in Modding Discussion for info on animations, etc.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 2:09 AM
thanks! But my milkshape 3d trail ran out? Any other programs i can use besides wings 3d?

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:51 AM
Any program that can support the .obj format should potentially be viable for use in creating static (non-animated/jointed) 3d models for Sims 2. If you look at the bottom of the Start To Finish Object Creation Tutorial you'll see the different programs that's been written for (which would lead one to believe that any of those can be used for object creation, using a little logic.)