Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Drum Kit Improvement (CUSTOM version)

by Khaibit Posted 24th Nov 2006 at 8:21 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 2:21 PM by -Maylin-

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 8:35 AM
Good to know I wasn't the only one confused about this error with Maxis crappy objects.Trims.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 8:57 AM Last edited by patul : 24th Nov 2006 at 9:07 AM.
Nice review of the maxis unrealistic drumset !
Thanks KhaibiT

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 2:53 PM
I'd quite like to get this but Atavera seems to have deleted all his stuff including the Custom Instruments Hack V4.0. Do you know if it's available anywhere else?
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 5:32 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 28th Nov 2006 at 1:46 AM. Reason: some news - no news for now
Atavera retired from modding, the last days he have had a text about that displayed in his sig - Thank you for letting me know these changes, Jenfold!
So far nobody knows what's up but the Custom Instruments Hack will be re-posted (probably by Numenor) as soon as possible. Atavera wants to retire completely...

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:28 PM
Which one should I download as I dont have that other guys hack and would love to recolour this for my own use ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 6:37 PM
If you want to create a recolor you have to create a Maxis drum kit recolor because in both of my packages are no textures included (that's why they work for every recolor created for the drum kit).
Which one you choose depends only on your own preferences: if you want some recolors still using the Maxis way choose this one and if you prefer all drum kits using a different back of the bass drum choose the Global Mod which just changes the appearance of all your drum kits.

Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 1:44 PM
Ok so I make the recolour with the standard drum kit, then download mod on this page so that my recolour shows with a more realistic backing?

I just remove and add the mod when ever I recolour the drumkit?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 2:44 PM
You don't have to remove neither the custom version nor the global mod because it won't affect the Maxis drum kit. The global mod overrides the Maxis settings while playing the game (this means the game uses the displaying found in this package instead of the usual displaying; compareable to: the foreman says "do this" and the boss sais "no, do this instead" :D) while this one, the custom version, is an extra object which borrows the Maxis recolors while playing - when you're creating a recolor it is not in use.
You can download it before you create a recolor or afterwards to check your new texture out and you can leave the package in your game as long as you want, also when creating recolors

Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:46 PM
OK but when the recolour is done do they have to download this mod also or not?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:20 PM
In general: no, neither the global nor custom mod are needed for the drum kit.
But if you want your recolor to be displayed like in the "Corrected" pictures then you should download it

Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for the help
Forum Resident
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:43 PM
Thanks!, I can now take better pictures of my Band(s) - I always used to avoid that picture angle because of that naff mirror effect!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 4:58 PM
Wow. Good eye, great fix. It's little details/fixes like this that really make me thankful for the modding community =3
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:02 PM
Where can I find an "UNI" file at?
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:34 AM
This is really needed thanks for sharing.