Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Redhead Project: Multi-age recolors in red of Rose Sims2 Ultra Long Hair

by kaneonapua Posted 13th Dec 2006 at 2:36 PM - Updated 11th Sep 2007 at 2:48 AM by kaneonapua : Rose reorganized her website and the mesh moved.

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 6:29 AM
Wow, these look really great!
Thank you for making different shades of red for this mesh!

Cats Will Be Your Leaders!!!!!!!!!
98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

*OZZEL* For Eva!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 11:39 AM
i love this mesh,rosesims' red recolour wasn't red enough for me!
thanks a bunch for yor project,really useful

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 1:32 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 18th Dec 2006 at 1:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer87
i love this mesh,rosesims' red recolour wasn't red enough for me!
thanks a bunch for yor project,really useful

Things are getting better. I was very pleased to see that Rose's latest donation hair had a very authentic auburn shade in addition to the usual red shade. The two most recent donation hairs from Juice have a "gold" shade that is what I consider to be very close to ginger red. Things are getting better but there are still many meshes that could use more natural red shades.

I'm enjoying this project since it raises awareness of what natural red hair looks like. Some creators just may not have seen many natural red shades because they live in places where natural redheads are rare.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaneonapua
Things are getting better. I was very pleased to see that Rose's latest donation hair had a very authentic looking auburn shade in addition to the usual red shade. The two most recent donation hairs from Juice have a "gold" shade that is what I consider to be very close to ginger red. Things are getting better but there are still many meshes that could use more natural red shades.

I'm enjoying this project since it raises awareness of what natural red hair looks like. Some creators just may not have seen many natural red shades because they live in places where natural redheads are rare.

yuo're absolutely right!
i often use red hair in my game and I hope you recolour many other nice meshes soon!

Scholar
#6 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 6:19 PM
This entire project is great I have red hair and it bugs me when creators/people who recolour cant do nice red hair...so thanks!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 9:26 PM
Nice-I've always loved Rose's stuff!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 6:16 PM
Wow! Nice job on the recolor! I'll be sure to put this to good use in creating sims!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 3:27 AM
this is absolutely fascinating. My family has many blondes, some of them freckled, but only one redhead. My daughter was born with strawberry blonde hair. Her father has blonde hair and a red beard, no freckles. Most of my family has light freckles, but I don't. The really interesting thing, to me anyway, is that my father's family is from Turkey. His English wife notwithstanding, I can sun tan for hours and never burn, but I have gray eyes and a daughter with hair colored somewhere between red and blonde.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 2:37 AM
Wow! That is fascinating and why I am having so much fun with this project.

Sounds like you and your husband are both carriers. I think his red beard is a tip-off. You are lucky you don't burn. I was talking to a gal with beautiful copper hair today and she was as pale as I'd .

I would guess you got the "red" gene from your mum but who knows, maybe your dad. Turkey has a long, amazing history as the crossroads between Europe and the Middle East and home to several empires that attracted people from all over the world.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 7:31 AM
Interesting about the red hair genes. My sister's boy has flaming auburn red hair. Poor kids. he really burns. He's gets it from his dad. We have red hair genes in our family but it's back to a g-g-grandparent.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:48 AM
These are the best re-colors I've found yet. Better than the original by far. Also, the creator does respond to questions, and goes out of her way to please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 12:34 PM
Thanks You