Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Redhead Project: All-age Recolors of Rose Sims2 Loose, Upswept Hair

by kaneonapua Posted 18th Dec 2006 at 4:14 AM - Updated 11th Sep 2007 at 2:50 AM by kaneonapua : Rose reorganized her website and the mesh moved.

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 5:41 AM
Thank you! I love this Redhead project. We don't have enough red hair. =)) Thank you.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 12:45 PM
Man, this is an adorable hairstyle. I'm so glad you decided to recolor it! Great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 1:09 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 18th Dec 2006 at 1:25 PM.
After working on two of Rose's recolors, I have come to deeply appreciate her work. I can only admire her artistic talent, ingenuity and technical skills. I am grateful that she let do these recolors.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:37 PM
Nice job once again. Keep it up! Rose rocks, and so do you for doing these nice recolors.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:33 PM
I grew up with strawberry blond hair that has gradually evolved to red-red and then to dark auburn. It is so nice to have these beautiful colors for my Sims! I can have realistic redheads in my game! WOOHOO!!! Thank you! I wish I could contribute. I haven't tried creating anything yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 2:13 AM
Give it a try! I did my first uploads for this project. If you find recoloring enjoyable, you may surprise yourself. The forum at Insim is a more informal so that is an alternative place to start.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 11:08 PM
Rose really does seem to have trouble with making "natural" colors. xD Thanks for these.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:36 AM
Hey, I'd just like to say i love this hairstyle. It looks like a hairstyle from a game i play. Final Fantasy X, Rikku. And I love it. did you get inspiration from that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackDenim
Hey, I'd just like to say i love this hairstyle. It looks like a hairstyle from a game i play. Final Fantasy X, Rikku. And I love it. did you get inspiration from that?

Yes, you are right in spotting the resemblance. Rose at Rose Sims 2 created the original mesh and I am sure she was trying to recreate Rikku's hair. This is a variation on this mesh that she called Rikku's hair. It is on the upper right of page 5 of Download > Hair at Rose Sims2 I think she just removed the braids and added the barettes for this one.

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally