Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
Very easy to follow tutorial. Does it work in Paint Shop Pro X? That's the program I have. If not, were can I get photoshop?

a very basic version of photoshop-- Elements can be bought for about $30 (USD) at any computer/electronics store (CompUSA, Frys, ect)
You may also download a trial version if you just want it for a short period of time. I would recommend trailing Elements and not an advanced version if you've never used photoshop before.
Advertisement
#52 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 2:47 AM
I cant follow it. I have PSP but i need images when i try tutorials, without them im lost
Test Subject
#53 Old 2nd May 2006 at 9:54 PM
Hm, the images are gone... but I figured it out without pictures (: Squee. Great tut.
Test Subject
#54 Old 23rd May 2006 at 8:20 AM
Thankyou Sooooooo Much
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th May 2006 at 3:33 AM Last edited by shortykayla : 24th May 2006 at 5:17 AM.
Your tutorial is excellent but i im up to the second part after the first pic... do i wind the whole lot or just one of the shape????
Thanks Kayla
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 3:50 AM
This is beautiful.... I love the eys I can make now so much. I will have fun tinkering with this amazing formula, thank you so much! It is really amazing how the finished product turns out!
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:04 PM
This tutorial looks fantastic but i use paint.net. does anyone know of a tutorial for eyes for paint.net. It would be greatly apprecited
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 10:51 PM
hey i relly liked ur tutorial but im having problems, i did everything to the exact sizes that u specifed but i everytime i try and paste the eyes on the file there always much larger and i cant seem to get them the rite size no matter how many times i try. do u no wut i could possibly be doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:23 PM
What is the equivalent of Lens Flare in GIMP? My eyes don't look right without the flare, but it looks VERY nice so far

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuteFanBoyNick
What is the equivalent of Lens Flare in GIMP? My eyes don't look right without the flare, but it looks VERY nice so far

I really havent found a lens flare option in GIMP similar to the one in photoshop, but what i had always used for this tutorial was go to filter>lighting effects (might not be the right name, i talk spanish so my program is in spanish) which is the next option below distortion effects.

In the lighting efects there should be something like... FX Burst? not sure but i use that sometimes. I like better the last option of them: supernova. Choose supernova and select the radium to 2 and rays(?) to something about 30-50 and select where to place it. I usually put 2 supernova flares and get a good effect (though i no longer use this kind of reflections):

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 6:50 PM
This tutorial is great but is there one available for fireworks Mx somwhere? I've been searching all day for something like this =)

^*^[I don't take requests]^*^
Love and hate aren't blind, they are blinded by the fire within...
*I'm also known as EuroSand
**My my movies
Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 3:19 AM
Does anyone know how much different this tutorial would be if Corel Paint Shop Pro X was used?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#63 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:59 AM
I don't have paint shop pro. On page 2 of this thread a couple of paintshop owners discuss it. Unfortunately the one who said she got it figured out didn't seem to actually write up the paintshop commands! But I guess that means it is possible.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 1:51 AM Last edited by obsessedfae : 27th Dec 2006 at 2:17 AM. Reason: adding psp commands
i got it to work in psp x. if you have questions pm me and i will walk you through it

i've included an image to show my results

for the wind part use this:
effects>>texture effects>>fur
blur-46
density-50
length-100
transparency-30

there is a polar coordinates under:
effects>>distortion effects

I omitted this completely:
Go to: Image ---> Adjustments ---> Invert

and when you come to this..go to:
image>>rotate right

and for the light in the upper right of the pupil use:
effects>>artistic effects>>balls and bubbles and use the single ball..then drag the box in the preview to suit your taste. if i left something out..let me know. hope i helped.

Now the for the green eye, I used the plugin dsb flux>>blast instead of the fur. but then I realized alot of people don't have that plugin so I made another with the fur. The green looks better though so if you have PSP, download off of this page. Scroll down and look for DSB Flux
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingp...INS/plugins.htm
Attached Images

Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:05 PM
excellent tut, i love it.

and for the first time it seams like I finally can create something.
well almost because I do not get the last steps where it says: " Choose the Rectangular to Polar option and click OK."

what does that mean? I tryed to find it but I couldn't.

it would be so nice if someone could upload a picture of this feature or something.

many thx in advance.
Instructor
#66 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 12:31 AM
Thank you. My result is horrible. I can't figure out how 96x96 pixles can fit the original. I made a special one much smaller, it did fit, but my sim looked like she's seeing something horrible. lol.
I might do the eye file into a jpg file before i put in into the stuff i exported?

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:37 AM

Just thought I would show you what could be done with altering your tutorial ^^
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 9:15 PM
This was the first tutorial that I've read that I've actually been able to understand what the creator was telling me to do! Thanks so much for making it is to read for dorks like me! I've managed to make my first eyes...actually my first ANYTHING for my game...and I'm so excited about that!

My first question is, if I save my eyes in the default folder that I imported from the game and then upload it into the game, are my new eyes going to overwrite my default eyes? Because I don't really want to lose the eyes I already have, plus that would limit how many eyes I can create for my game if I would keep writing over them.

And my second question is, how to I create the tiny square icon that shows what color the eye is going to be before you select it?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#69 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:43 AM
Your new eyes will not replace anything in your game, to make default replacements requires extra very deliberate steps.

The square graphic I believe is in 'swatch.bmp' When you're doing your project, see if that appears in your project folder. (I know it does for skin recolors, I assume it might for others) Make a pretty graphic and replace the swatch.bmp file (be sure to use the same pixel size as the original swatch.bmp uses)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 2:13 AM
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I've been driving my husband nuts wanting to make more eyes. It's good to know that I won't be able to delete my defaults by accident so I can make all the eyes I want...which I will since it's all I know how to make so far. I've got to check out some more tutorials, this is just sad haha.

I thought the icon picture might be the swatch, but I've used both the default green and brown eyes and they both show the same rainbow colored picture for the swatch, which obviously isn't what shows in the game. Is this how it appears for skin graphics too?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 4:31 PM
The swatch always appears as a rainbowed square for both skintones and eyes. All you need to do is edit it at your own will, keeping the same size and all, then refresh and the rainbow square should be replaced with your new small graphic.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#72 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 6:46 AM
You have to replace the swatch graphic yourself, just like you replaced the eye graphic. It's not automatic.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 6:52 PM
How do i do the Image---Adjustments---Invert on Paint Shop Pro 6

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#74 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:45 PM
youcmecruzin look at message 64, the paintshop person said they skipped that step.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 9:33 PM Last edited by youcmecruzin13 : 18th Feb 2007 at 10:41 PM.
Okay i did the DSB Flux plugin but how do i get to it? I downloaded it and setup but now how do i get to the effects part?

edit:Well i got the plugin to work...but not i cant get the polar coordinates? I tryed to do the effects---distortion but thats not there? Thanks

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Page 3 of 7