Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

)) The Square Stair ((

by khakidoo Posted 29th Dec 2006 at 1:33 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2007 at 10:52 AM by khakidoo : added white recolors

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 1:45 AM
Looks very nice, thank yuo.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 1:49 AM
Thanks so much khakido this rocks! I will definately be using it and experiment with it, i think the possibilities are endless.I wanted something like this forever!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:15 AM
Looks great.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:19 AM
Wow that's really neat! So many possibilities! It'd be great for making split levels! Thank you khakidoo!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:26 AM
Yays!! I've been waiting and it looks great. It's extra low poly and thats great. Thanks
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:50 AM
creative! thank you for sharing, and - good job!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:18 AM
This is wonderful! I was wondering when someone would do this. Thanks!

Herald Between Two Lands
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:26 AM
The lower poly count I mentioned was taking into account only the cuboid, and left out the faces of the ground and wall shadows. Go with SimPE's count.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:43 AM
Using this with split level....i'm assuming the split level was done with terrain rather than foundation? (just checking)

I love it! :D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 9:01 AM
Yes, you just slope the ground. The step adjusts to the ground level, so obviously you need to get that sloping as evenly as possible first.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 7:48 PM
Oh the possibilities....

Thank you guys for making this... I don't mind a lil walk through for the sake of design
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 7:53 PM Last edited by khakidoo : 29th Dec 2006 at 8:12 PM.
Thanks for all the thanks's you guys

Quote: Originally posted by Jonesi
Using this with split level....i'm assuming the split level was done with terrain rather than foundation? (just checking)

Yah, it's on the terrain - I didn't realize that this post would go up right away, I thought that the house I built with the stairs and this post would be up at about the same time so that people could download the house and see how I did the stairs and play around - no biggie - I'm sure it'll be up in a day or two EDIT: the house is up I finished sending this reply and noticed that the house had been approved just a second ago http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=212665

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
The lower poly count I mentioned was taking into account only the cuboid, and left out the faces of the ground and wall shadows. Go with SimPE's count.

Thanks for the heads up I wasn't sure about that stuff, poly's, faces, and vertices - sounds like it takes some sort of crazy mathematics

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:23 PM
Sorry, I just have a question. Why do all of the expansions? So I can't use this in game if I don't have those expansions right?

Smooch the Grey Hound!:
here
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:17 PM Last edited by khakidoo : 29th Dec 2006 at 11:23 PM.
I'm so sorry oniella, I'm so lame, I don't know how to make it for no expansions... cause I cloned it from a pets item.... If any of the more experienced modders know how to do that, please please fix it and make it better....
I dunno even, does it only need pets? does anyone know? Like if Suzy Q. Simmer has the base game and pets and thats all she has, will this item work? I'm used to uploading houses, where if you have all eps your house users need all eps....
Guess I better go bust out Numenors BaseGameStarter and experiment....

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:28 PM
Don't worry about it ... houses are the same!

I have pets though, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Smooch the Grey Hound!:
here
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:42 PM
I went and checked it out with the basegamestarter running only base game and pets and it worked I'll go edit the EPs needed in the listing Thanks for pointing that out to me oniella

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:46 PM
*dances* Ya!

Your welcome!

Smooch the Grey Hound!:
here
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:52 PM
Great product! Great presentation! Thank you for sharing all your hard work khakidoo!,,,,can't wait to try them out!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 2:44 AM
Thanks msdwyer and special thanks for noticing my 'presentation' :D

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 5:19 AM
I can't wait to get into the game and find different places to use these. Thank you!:-D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 10:47 PM
This is great, I alway thought there were too many steps in the split level houses. always wanted lower steps. this is wonderful. Thank you very much
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 4:07 AM
That's the best solution I've seen to diagonal stairs and stairs < 2 steps.... A modded square box is modular enough to create all those illusions.

These can be used on upper levels just like how they are used on the ground levels. In other words, with evenly inclined floor layers on the upper levels, these lower split level illusions are still possible.

Thanks...
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 1:51 PM
the clip is verry helpfull. I just have to click on pause || thats great i i'm going to great a beautifull house maby this stair could help me. thank you :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 12:55 AM
I've added some white recolors...

Subtle In Spades
Page 1 of 2