Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:04 AM
Default The Sims 2 Story Viewer
Welcome the Sims 2 Story Viewer, a convenient way to view the story files that the Sims 2 makes without having to open up the game itself!

Want to show a friend a story without having to run your game? Want to transfer your story without alt-tabbing the life out of your computer or the risk of accidentally deleting an entry? Just want a cool new gadget to play with or test out for me?

Then feast your eyes on this!

With the familiarity of the editor in the game, plus added functionality, the Sims 2 Story Viewer will open any story you want from your game or from somewhere else!* I will be adding to this program: Add Pictures Mode along with editing capabilities are on the way!

This program is still in the "alpha" stage (or "beta", depending on what you want to think of it), so be advised. It is stable and error catching has been implemented, so this should not in any way damage your computer or your Sims 2 save file. If you do get an unexpected error, please post here the error codes along with what you did to make this happen.

Finally, this was made using the .NET Framework 2.0. This is the same framework that SimPE is made in, so most people should already have it. Microsoft released the framework as a critical update, so technically everyone should have it, but this is a "just-in-case" statement.

*For a story to be view out of game, currently it must be in a directory named "N###" with the # being any number. Story Viewer must be directed to the directory that contains the "N###" directory. This may change in the future.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ProjectSimsStory.zip (876.5 KB, 115 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 10:56 PM
Woe. This is great. Thank You so much! This'll make everything MUCH MUCH easier.

(()) www.sim2central.moonfruit.com
//\\ Where Sims Are Sims!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:15 AM
This is great!! Thanks, I actually really need this!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:19 PM
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "MX" to type 'ULong' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDecimal(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToULong(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToULong(String Value)
at SimsStory.XMLGrab.LoadStory(String file)
at SimsStory.FormSC.cmdOkay_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is the message I get whenever I load a certain story.