Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:23 AM Last edited by khakidoo : 31st May 2007 at 2:51 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Stuff About Installing Lots
I sometimes get feedback replies in my lot upload threads asking why that particular lot won't install, or why it won't show up in the game. I'm not really sure why people think I know these answers, I'm just a builder , and after answering these questions to the best of my ability in my first featured lot thread, and then getting them again in my latest featured lot, I went looking for a link to point them to... I didn't really find what I was looking for though The 'installing sims2packs' section of the Downloading for fracking idiots and genius' guide(s) didn't really address what I keep hearing....

So, I'm not really sure if anyone has answers to these questions...

People swear that they have ALL the EP's and yet that they still get the "you need expansion pack data to install this lot" - I've thought that maybe it is because they are trying to install it using a previous version of the bodyshop installer, could this be the case?

People say that - and I also get this problem myself - when they install with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer it tells them "files installed successfully" but then the Lot won't show up in the bin. Myself, for some reason, usually the next time (or maybe the next time after the next) the lot finally appears... but still sometimes it doesn't appear at all and I end up installing it with the BodyShop Installer... does anyone know why lots installed with CleanInstaller may not appear in the lot bin?

Any help, links to other threads, tips, etc. is much appreciated

ETA this link to force-install info
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...me_Help:GCCTSU9

Subtle In Spades
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 4:31 AM
I really don't have any help but I have the same thing going on with my sims games. I have all Expansions and Glamor Life and ever since Seasons CleanInstaller won't install the lot itself. It will install all the custom content that comes with the lot but I have to use the EA Bodyshop installer for the lot to show up in the bin.

Maybe with the new programming in Seasons CleanInstaller isn't up to date enough to install the lots. I really dont know. Hopefully someone else has some help.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:18 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=86150 Here's the link you're looking for. I have the same problem once in a while. It takes a couple of restarts for the lot to show. Also, sometimes, for some bizarre reason, a lot gets 'stuck' in the teleporter folder. I've had to delete the lot from the folder and then reinstall the content.

Congrats, by the way. I really like your work!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.