Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harder Homework

by Cyjon Posted 28th Apr 2007 at 11:55 PM - Updated 23rd Sep 2008 at 3:57 AM by Cyjon : Compatibility information

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:27 AM
How delightfully evil! I love how harder homework and partial homework credit give a lot more personality to our sims. Not everyone is going to finish their homework in an hour, and not everyone is going to enjoy homework. Love the "boredom" factor, so realistic. Being bored with my homework can easily double the amount of time I spend on it, especially in the form of a nap. (Imagine your poor teen sim passing out and drooling all over his homework!)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:42 AM
Sheesh! Twelve HOURS?! This is perfect! Now my lazy bums can really feel the true torture of homework. Looking forward to using it!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:58 AM
I just love the sim pic you chose for present the mod. Hilarious.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 1:21 AM
I added a table to the original post that shows how grades will vary by personality. It's possible for any sim to get an A+, but some of them really have to work to overcome their natural disinterest in school work.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:10 AM
You state that there are no known conflicts - but you make no mention of SyberSpunks long standing harder grades mod http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3091.0.html - were you even aware it existed?

In any case this looks an interesting mod and (once I have tracked down an unrelated problem in my game) I might try it.

Private Sim @ Mod The Sims 2
Merlin's Nemesis @ The Sims 2 Workshop
Madame Mim @ More Awesome Than You (and in the newsgroups)
My Project To Geneticise Enayla's Skins
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:14 AM
Ohohohohoho.. The things I can do with this mod.. -Devilish laugh-
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrivateSim
You state that there are no known conflicts - but you make no mention of SyberSpunks long standing harder grades mod - were you even aware it existed?

Well, since I thank him at the bottom of my post, I'm thinking yes

However, I don't believe this conflicts. This makes the act of doing homework tougher, not the actual grade calculation. I believe syberspunk's mod affects only the grade itself.

My partial homework mod, on the other hand, would certainly conflict with his.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:32 AM
This is fantastic! I love how you incorporated their aspiration with how fast they get bored and how fast they finish. Awesome job!

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich...
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:44 AM
If you want I can add the necessary code to it so it will calculate the Seasons bonuses.

Great hack BTW.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:59 AM
Great mod! I love the picture, too...I often felt that way myself in the past. Amazing job, and original idea, Thanks.
Instructor
#12 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 3:23 AM
Haha this is awesome! And that picture is hilarious.

Retired...

kind of.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 10:07 AM
Ahh the sadism!! Wonderful!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:26 AM
I just love the screenshot, Hahahaha!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:32 AM
*lol* Am I really the only one who doesn't feel like torturing their Sims? I think homework already takes them enough time :p.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 4:43 PM
i like pandas, but this is good too. But it is not a panda
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st May 2007 at 6:59 PM
It's wonderfulllll!!! I've been looking for this hack for ages! But can you make it fully compatible with seasons?

THANKS!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st May 2007 at 10:41 PM
Smonaff sent me the resources to update it for Seasons. I glanced at the code and it looks pretty easy so I hope to have a Seasons compatible version up soon, possibly even today.

The current version probably works in Seasons, but lacks the bonus for the season and the juicer. That's what I'll be adding when I update this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd May 2007 at 6:18 AM
I wanted to draw attention to the conflict I added to the OP. This does not work with Homework Sometimes, either Jenflower's original or twojeff's updated version.

The Seasons version is in test and I hope to have it up soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 3rd May 2007 at 6:46 AM
I really like the idea and i'm too tired of these too easy grades
Actually i'm in the starting blocks to download the updated season version, 'cant wait to test!
I have one (maybe stupid) question: can it affect the university students? 'cause they would never end a semester with good grades or get their diplomas if it does (since they have to do an awfully big number of homeworks) *shrugs*
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd May 2007 at 11:17 PM
when the screen shot was just a thumbnail it looked like that sim had really gnarly eye bags, haha! Excellent work -- a nice way to add more realism to the game. I'll patiently wait for the Seasons version to come out.

mi cuerpo es mio. no se toca, no se viola, no se daña, no se mata!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd May 2007 at 11:33 PM
Just uploaded the Seasons version. Thanks to Smonaff for getting me the resources I needed and testing it to be sure it didn't go kaboom, since I was programming blind.

Minimimi - no, this doesn't affect university homeworks.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 5th May 2007 at 1:12 AM
The season's update! Yipee!
Thanks for answering me Cyjon *reliefed*
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:48 PM
Nice! Thank you's very much!

We Dream because Reality is Too Limited
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:27 AM
This is very nice - you have my thanks. :-) My only question is this: Have you given the boy in the picture a cookie yet? He seems pretty... distraught... ;-)

Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it. – Jane Wagner
Page 1 of 2