Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1 -- All Game Versions --

by GunMod Posted 19th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2009 at 7:55 AM by -Maylin-

611 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 545 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 25
Instructor
#301 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:47 AM
thanks man. this is my favorite download in the whooooole entire world. and now i love you.

my kitten is warm.

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Test Subject
#302 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:22 PM
Does anybody have glam life installed? The reason i ask this is because when i installed glam life, the gunmods cameras didnt work, and that was about six months ago..

I really ready to install it and it anybody has any suggestions on how to get the gunmods camera to work, your help would be greatly appreciated.

*goes and blows the dust off of Glam Life Stuff Pack...literally*

If You Are An Addict...Check Out My Sim 2 Rehab Thread For more information:

http://www.sims2community.com/showt...3516#post183516
Forum Resident
#303 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:32 AM Last edited by dewshine : 11th Apr 2007 at 5:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RabidAngel
for some reason with glamour life, it overlooks the user camera directory (in my documents) so what I ended up having to do, for the time being, was backup all of my cameras in the glamour life "game" folder, and just replaced the modified neighborhood camera that way. I've altered the actual game folder, so if you do this, be SURE to make a backup that you can easily revert back to if ever you have to update with an expansion pack or a patch.
I'm only using the neighborhood camera, but if you're using all of the cameras in this mod, you should have to back up all the cameras in the glamour life game directory. All I did was create a zip file and name it "original GLife Cameras" then you can just unzip and replace them if you need to.
Just thought I'd let people know what I did to get it to work.
Hope that helps!

Yep, I have (and so have others) glamor life, and this works. Once you install a expansion that has a later date (like pets or seasons) then the cameras work as posted by gunmod. If for some reason you are playing glamor life with the base game or with university then RabidAngel's solution is the way to go.

note: this solution replaces the camera.txt files in ProgramFiles/EAGames/GlamourLifeStuff/ TSData/UserData/Cameras

I cannot stress enough: backup the txt files before using this mod with glamour life!
Don't forget to make a backup of those camera files before you overwrite them!

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 9:40 PM
Cool, I really like it

"What are you waiting for, a one liner!?" - Sam "Serious" Stone
Instructor
#305 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 2:13 PM
I have a small question...well, I think anyhow. I dled this earlier and placed it in cameras, just as instructed and then when I went into the game, I could not type anything in boxes. IE: trying to type a lot name or naming a Sim. I tried restarting the game a couple times and it wouldn't work still. I reinstalled the Maxis original cameras again and they work fine. Is there another hack that may be conflicting or something? I would LOVE to be able to use these cameras, as Maxis ones get annoying and are frustrating sometimes. I only have the base game and University so far.
Test Subject
#306 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 6:59 PM
I'm having a problem with this mod. Everytime I strat the game while waiting for the neighbourhood to load it crashes, all because I downloaded your mod. What should I do? because I really need this.
Test Subject
#307 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 10:46 PM
I love the mod. I have a nice neighborhood I created in SC4 and the camera is the only way to play the entire neighborhood. However, I am experiencing an issue, that after some research, appears to be linked to your mod. I have a system with 4GB of RAM and when I use the mod, there appears to be some sort of memory leak. I am running Seasons. When I revert back to the original cameras, the memory hovers around 35%, but when I use the mod, it spikes up to 80% as soon as I open the neighborhood. And after awhile the app crashes. Is there an update to this mod for seasons? Or has anyone else experienced this issue?
Field Researcher
#308 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 8:56 AM
I wonder whatever happened to Gunmod. He sure was good at what he did. Does anyone know?
Test Subject
#309 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:05 AM
Hi and Thank You for this!!

I play on a laptop and don't use an external mouse (my mouse is a touch pad), so are there keystrokes for tilting the camera?

Thanks again,
Michelle
Forum Resident
#310 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mlwalton13
Hi and Thank You for this!!

I play on a laptop and don't use an external mouse (my mouse is a touch pad), so are there keystrokes for tilting the camera?

Thanks again,
Michelle

hit tab, then raise and lower the camera from there. it's crude and it's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

PS, I believe that gunmod moved on to other things. I know his wife had a baby and it was a difficult time for his family. Perhaps eventually he'll come back, or another modder will step in and pick up his work.

Anyone having problems with the neighborhood camera should try using the default neighborhood camera with the following changed:

constrain .2 .2 .2 .2 (suggested elsewhere in thread)
or
constrain .15 .15 .15 .15 (I'm using this setting)

This will allow you to see the entire hood without altering the rest of the camera ablilties.

Heck, I'll .rar up my neighborhood camera.txt file and add it here...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  NeighborhoodCamera.rar (444 Bytes, 148 downloads)

Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Test Subject
#311 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 6:47 AM
does this enable u to let ur sms go to the far edges of the neighborhood too?
Forum Resident
#312 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 8:40 AM
Sims can 'go' where ever there are roads.

For example: the default downtown has a road the heads toward the river, loops down along the water then back up and over following a bridge.

Normal Sims 2 neightborhood camera does not allow the player to pull back enough to see this.

Changing the constrain value expands the view of the neighborhood. If you can see further, you can place lots along the road, and have sims move into those lots.

The major limitation to any neighborhood is the roads.

I found that using the constrain changes was a good compromise. I can use all of the other camera.txt files that gunmod has provided and get wonderful closeups, but for my neighborhood I really didn't need that.

Again, yes in a way it does enable the player to expand out to the edges of the neighborhood, along the roads.

Test Subject
#313 Old 1st May 2007 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
hit tab, then raise and lower the camera from there. it's crude and it's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

PS, I believe that gunmod moved on to other things. I know his wife had a baby and it was a difficult time for his family. Perhaps eventually he'll come back, or another modder will step in and pick up his work.

Anyone having problems with the neighborhood camera should try using the default neighborhood camera with the following changed:

constrain .2 .2 .2 .2 (suggested elsewhere in thread)
or
constrain .15 .15 .15 .15 (I'm using this setting)

This will allow you to see the entire hood without altering the rest of the camera ablilties.

Heck, I'll .rar up my neighborhood camera.txt file and add it here...

Well thank you so much for stepping in and answering my question, best wishes to GunMod (just throwing it out there in the universe for what it's worth)

Cheers,
Forum Resident
#314 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 3:38 PM
fallengelohio,

The neighborhood camera causes some systems to experience a memory leak. If your game was crashing in the neighborhood screen that might have been the cause.

Seeing as you deleted your message I have very limited information to go on with my attempt to assist you.

Lab Assistant
#315 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 9:54 AM
I reinstalled my sims and tried to build/play without this. The whole time I was playing, I was, like "WTF I thought I could rotate the cam that way.." Then I remembered. Good things are often taken as granted. I will remind myself of that from now on.

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Test Subject
#316 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 7:20 AM Last edited by fallenangelohio : 10th Jun 2007 at 7:22 AM. Reason: add more info
It was crashing while the neighborhood was loading. What do I do or should I just leave it alone? I haven't any hacks in my game right now so I know that's not it. What type of info do you need?
Test Subject
#317 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 9:52 PM
Default big problems with this file (bug maybe?)
im not 2 sure this works (the sims 2, 4cd set) i have over written the files like u said but it dosnt seem 2 work, i had my mate (who's a pro hacker) and he said that it won't work, & need something that cracks the sims.exe file

if anyone else has found a simpler way or doing this please let me know, i have spent 3 hours & it shows no sing of working. when i try to scroll to the end of the naighbor hood screen it just slows, then stops

cheerz 4 the effort anyway
Forum Resident
#318 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 5:14 AM Last edited by dewshine : 11th Jun 2007 at 5:18 AM. Reason: Adding more info.
For the crashing poster: Try using the attached Neighborhood camera in my previous post or alter the constrain values instead of using Gunmod's version for the neighborhood camera.

For the sims2 base game user: Are you placing the camera txt files in My Documents/EA Games/Sims2/ Cameras? The game reads the files from there. Anything in that location overrides the game's exe.

Test Subject
#319 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:00 AM
i like this mod, but where exactly do you put these files?
Test Subject
#320 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:12 AM
Thanks for this GunMod, it sounds great and I could really use it. I'm a bad photographer ingame so maybe it'll help me.

Quote: Originally posted by royalruler
i like this mod, but where exactly do you put these files?

You put them here: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras
It even says so in the thread.
Test Subject
#321 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:22 PM Last edited by royalruler : 25th Jun 2007 at 8:58 PM. Reason: solved
Quote: Originally posted by TheNewestSimmer
You put them here: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras
It even says so in the thread.

i realized that after i took a 'closer' look... thanks...

but now i'm having a problem...
replaced files...
when game is loaded... love the neighborhood view, but
when in a lot, it seems to always be in a top down view even tho top down isn't selected. and i did push the scroll wheel in and scrolled down/up, but doesn't go lower or higher. what it does is zooms in.

UPDATED:
Ahhhh! Nevermind!! I have to actually move the MOUSE down/up to go down/up
Field Researcher
#322 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 12:40 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with losing the tab camera option and the CAS camera after installing H&M stuff?

ETA: I'm going to check back after confirming if it is just this mod, or maybe this mod in conjunction with something else.
Test Subject
#323 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:15 AM
Dewshine, do I just download your neighbourhood camera, without gunmod's camera, or do I download both. since I was experiencing the same problems as fallenangelohio.
Test Subject
#324 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:18 AM
Oh and how do I backup the original maxis camera
Scholar
#325 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 11:09 PM
ThankYou Soo Much for This Awesome Camera Over-Ride! My Pictures Look Great & I Love Being Able to Build The Entire Hood!
Page 13 of 25