Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Reroll Wants and Lifetime Wants Through the Happy Helmet

by crumplebottom_marky4444 Posted 23rd May 2007 at 12:43 AM - Updated 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:36 PM by crumplebottom_marky4444

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd May 2007 at 1:43 AM
Very nice, but was is the difference between your creation and that of the insim?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd May 2007 at 1:51 AM
just as a note, sims wont have a lifetime want if you dont have university, having the otehr expansion packs only give you new lifetime wants, not the ability to have lifetime wants.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:45 AM
I made this just because I felt it was cheap to continually reroll your sims lifetime wants with insim without actually earning it. And I figured nobody used the happy helmet, so I gave people a reason to use it.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd May 2007 at 4:42 AM
I don't use Insim because it's so big and complex, so I'm glad to have this simple little mod. Thanks for making it!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2007 at 10:54 AM
Does the Noodlesoother still work the way it was intended though? I don't want to lose the effect it was made for.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd May 2007 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I don't use Insim because it's so big and complex, so I'm glad to have this simple little mod. Thanks for making it!

Same, so thank you for making this. I always get annoyed when my Sims get the lifetime wants that I don't want them to have! lol Thanks

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd May 2007 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea

I never even hear of Insim so I've never used it myself either. Curious as to what that would have to do with this persons creation? Why even mention it? It's all created with Maxis code!

Thanks for creating and sharing this you did a great job on it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:58 PM
Yes! Most useful thing I've downloaded in weeks!

*thanks you*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:12 PM
The Happy Helmet should work the same as it did before. This just adds new menus to it.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:51 PM
Now the noodlesoother will be useful.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th May 2007 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crumplebottom_marky4444
The Happy Helmet should work the same as it did before. This just adds new menus to it.

Thank you,for making this..

I wonder if its possible through this mod to shut off the negative aspects of the Noodle soother because its never actually been a happy helmet for my sims. I used it only one time. I had my sim put in on while he was tired, his aspirations were in gold and he fell asleep on the floor with it on until all of his needs went into red! he laid there on the floor and wet himself and I could not undo the helmet even with canceling the options. I also couldn't wake him up using any commands. He laid therein his puddle sleeping for at least 20 minutes in the red and I thought he was going to die! but luckily he eventually went back into green. I'm a bit scared to use the soother now but I like the features you have for it so I wonder if it might help.
Instructor
#13 Old 24th May 2007 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I never even hear of Insim so I've never used it myself either. Curious as to what that would have to do with this persons creation? Why even mention it? It's all created with Maxis code!

Thanks for creating and sharing this you did a great job on it.

You have never heard of the famous insiminator? I could not play without it. Anyway as to why I have mention it, it does the same thing as the helmet and much much more. So I feel it was ok to have ask the question, don't you?
Instructor
#14 Old 24th May 2007 at 3:18 AM
Thank you, this sounds useful to me - I will let you know if I have any problems.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th May 2007 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowPanther
just as a note, sims wont have a lifetime want if you dont have university, having the otehr expansion packs only give you new lifetime wants, not the ability to have lifetime wants.

Uhm sorry ShadowPanther to disapoint you, I don´t have university but all my sims have got lifetimewants since I installed Nightlife so there´s is definitely the ability too.

I agree with the others here, it´s so nice to have such a small tool to change the lifetimewants. I was too afraid of the insim as it is so huge.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:19 AM
i tested the helmet today. the regular wants re-rolled fine, but the lifetime want didn't budge. am i missing something?
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 6:25 AM
I downloaded this and it does reroll the wants, but they end up being the same as they were before. Tried it many times with different Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by onespiceybbw
i tested the helmet today. the regular wants re-rolled fine, but the lifetime want didn't budge. am i missing something?

Sometimes lifetime wants don't change. They've been rerolled, but you get the same one. Usually I get the same LTW three times in a row before I get something else. Its normal. But if you have someone with the Grilled Cheese aspiration, you will get the same LTW over and over again, unless you have hacks that gives them more LTWs.

Quote: Originally posted by GlowingStars
I downloaded this and it does reroll the wants, but they end up being the same as they were before. Tried it many times with different Sims.

Don't worry about that, either. For some dumb reason, the wants don't change that much. I don't know why I added that option anyways...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 5:22 AM
um, never mind. i pulled the file out, saved, and put in back in the game and it rerolls every time now.

*feels stupid*
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:15 PM
where can I found this item in the buy mode.I put it in my downloads but don't see it in my game.Sorry for my bad english but I am french .
Field Researcher
#21 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babylou
where can I found this item in the buy mode.I put it in my downloads but don't see it in my game.Sorry for my bad english but I am french .

I had that question myself, but I finally figured it out. It's a hacked version of the aspiration reward, Noodlesoother, and thus if you have it downloaded, all you have to due is use some aspiration points to buy a noodlesoother, put it on, and check you options. I recomend not leaving it on for long periods of time.

I tried it on one sim, but since I like her lifetime want I didn't try to reroll that. They rolled, but remained the same, but I know that often happens. The real test is going to be for all my sims that want stuff like 50 1st dates (they are lucky if they have one first date and some are betrothed as toddlers), most romance sims (we made maybe ten), and golden anniversary (our sims rarely age to elders).

Over all very well done, I just wish it was on something that wouldn't make my sims try to starve.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Catrin1703
Uhm sorry ShadowPanther to disapoint you, I don´t have university but all my sims have got lifetimewants since I installed Nightlife so there´s is definitely the ability too.

I think he meant any expansion after the base game; like Seasons. Or Nightlife.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 10:13 PM
I'm gonna give it a try...thanks!
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 1:54 PM
SahrMohtahn, I think you didn't know what the noodlesoother does anyway. It does not make sims happy, like the energisizer. When you put it on with your sim in Gold aspiration before work, it fills up your "promotion experience" bar. You know, the green thing between the skills and the job title. Which means that if you have the skills and the friends you will be guaranteed a promotion. When coming back it's EXTREMELY important to take it off first thing, because motives actually go down quicker with it on, as "cost" of its job-happiness-effect.

To the creator of this mod, thanks. I have been trying to find an easy way to reroll only lifetime wants.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 4:08 AM Last edited by Blossyblossyblossy : 29th Sep 2007 at 4:09 AM. Reason: typing mistake
Thank you so much for this mod. I stopped selecting Romance for my Sims as their Lifetime wants I find are impossible to achieve. It has been so long since I had a Romance Sim, that I decided to risk it and got 20 simultaneous lovers as the want. I don't think so! Like other posters above, insim is so big it scares me. This is wonderful.
Page 1 of 2