Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bon voyage uninstalls seasons?
So I bought bon voyage, installed it. All was well that ended well or so you would think. I start the game up as usual, it loads everything, and then when it gets to the neighborhood screen it said something about since I uninstalled seasons (which I DIDNT) all weather data or something was going to be removed from my neighborhoods.

What the heck is going on here? I said "Quit" because I didn't want to mess up my game but I fear I already have.

Let's just pretend I know what I'm doing... when we all know I don't!!
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 12:21 PM
I found this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222403
Maybe it can help you. Make sure you read post 13 by Fanseelamb. Let us know how you get on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 1:05 PM
Oh Joy! Thank you for that thread, I had looked EVERYWHERE for something similar to that and Google came up with NOTHING!

Turns out all I had to do was reinstall Seasons on top of itself. But what happened after that was all my expansion pack neighborhood associations (like downtown, bluewater village, etc) had to be "re created" all over again.

Was a P.I.T.A, but at least I didn't have to reinstall EVERYTHING.

Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 1:28 PM
Just so i know for future problems like this, did you loose your sims or custom neighbourhood? Or was recreating the subhoods all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 1:57 PM
Sorry I took so long getting back to you. I'm in the middle of planning a wedding (not a sim wedding... MY wedding) and I'm getting married this Saturday and I'm coming and going in about 3 million directions at once.

Recreating the Sub neighborhoods was all I had to do, I didn't notice any of my families being renamed or dissappeared but I can always double check for you. My main family right now which is Sim Me, my Sim Hubby and my 2 Sim Daughters (who are my daughters in real life and they look just like them in every possible way) were fine, all my custom content shows up and plays as well SO FAR SO GOOD.

The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 10:34 PM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Sep 2007 at 10:48 PM.
Default "Who controls the controller?" :P
I actually think that the major culprit of this issue is the launcher itself. In my experience, the launcher seems not capable of correctly recognize the installed EPs. I may be wrong, of course, but here is my personal experience.

I installed BV, with the CEP installed, and everything was fine; but I never let the launcher run, because I immediately forced the game to bypass it; and I've never had any problem whatsoever.

I really dislike that launcher, it's just a waste of time and probably it doesn't recognize the EPs correctly, either.

If anyone is interested in this, here is

HOW TO BYPASS THE LAUNCHER
  • Right-click on the BonVoyage icon (created during the installation) and choose "Properties".
  • On the topmost field, you'll se the path to the executable; replace "Sims2Launcher.exe" with "Sims2EP6.exe"; click OK to confirm.

Done. Now, every time you double-click the BV icon, the game will start directly, without launcher. After all, all the previous games worked perfectly fine without a launcher; so, why change?

PS: on THIS POST at the BBS, a user says that the Seasons patch is proved to be the cause.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 8:22 AM
Hm... you know numenor, I also have the seaons patch, and when I first started the game and a launcher came up I was like "WTF Is this??"

I was actually noticing my computer ran S L O W after I installed Bon Voyage (probably due to that launcher), so I did bypass it. I figured that out all by myself!

I also deleted the launcher file as the game doesn't appear to need it, and now my computer runs fine again.

Just a little info for anybody that might come across the same errors / bugs that I have lately. I also noticed that my graphics in game are kinda sluggish too even with my monster video card (brand spankin new).

Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 2:24 PM
EAxis's decision to include this stupid launcher to persuade more "not quite tech-savvy" people to go to the Exchange or download their crappy patches that end up needing their own patches is starting to look more and more like a very dumb idea. Why go "fixing" what isn't broken (uh, not all that badly, anyway)?
Stupid people are stupid
#9 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 3:28 PM
Numenor, thanks for the additional info! I saved this thread in my bookmarks for any future questions.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I really dislike that launcher, it's just a waste of time and probably it doesn't recognize the EPs correctly, either.

If anyone is interested in this, here is

HOW TO BYPASS THE LAUNCHER
  • Right-click on the BonVoyage icon (created during the installation) and choose "Properties".
  • On the topmost field, you'll se the path to the executable; replace "Sims2Launcher.exe" with "Sims2EP6.exe"; click OK to confirm.

Done. Now, every time you double-click the BV icon, the game will start directly, without launcher. After all, all the previous games worked perfectly fine without a launcher; so, why change?

Thanx much...I haven't had any problems, but was irritated with the launcher, and you provided the cure!!

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 10:01 AM
I've done this because it was irritating me to no end and oddly enough my game seems to load faster. Very odd. Much thanks.

Touch my mind
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:47 AM
Bon Voyage uninstalled Seasons for me also.

I then removed my hacks folder, uninstalled the CEP, then uninstalled BV. It wouldn't let me uninstall Seasons, so I reinstalled Seasons even though it was still installed (makes sense huh? lol)

Then I reinstalled BV and bypassed the launcher (thanks so much for that tip!) and now I finally have BV installed with all prior EP's.

I'm not sure if it was something in my hacks folder, the CEP files, or bypassing the launcher that fixed it, but I wanted to put all the steps I did in order here.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:50 AM
Thanks Numenor I just installed BV and hated the launcher. Thanks for the fix.
Stupid people are stupid
#14 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 1:05 PM
Mattie, good job on fixing the problem yourself. And thanks for posting the info on what you did. This will be helpful to other people as well!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:45 PM
Thanks so much, Numenor! I have wanted to disable that darn thing since I got BV, but just didn't know how. You are a valuable asset to the community!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:42 AM
Numenor, thanks for post 6

I will need it when I get BV
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:49 AM
Thanks Numenor, I had the same problem as moonlit did, but not only Seasons but GLS and FFS too. This let me have everything I needed, so hoorah!

And my game runs faster YAY!

[Insert witty and hilarious signature here]
Duck Defender
#18 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:27 AM Last edited by Redeemed Life : 17th Sep 2007 at 12:33 AM.
That's odd, I changed the link and it loaded the game without the Launcher, but when I got to the Neighborhoods screen, it still said I had uninstalled Season's, and that all weather would be gone.

I guess I'll try re-installing Seasons.
Duck Defender
#19 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:50 AM
Well... Re-installed Seasons made my computer crash.

Nice.

So what should I try next? Should I erase everything and start from Scratch?
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 1:17 AM
Theres a launcher now? Lol - I make and use my own shortcuts for all EP's because I play in windowed mode so I didn't launch fromt he install provided shortcut - and good thing by the look of it! Now I just have to work out what object in Miscellaneous is causing the game to crash on the buy catalog. Oh the joys of EP's in these friggen games - it was the same for TS1 - always, always big problems.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:04 AM
Thanks for the great tipp on how to bypass the launcher Numenor

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 2:02 PM
I've tried skipping the launcher and installed Seasons over itself, but everytime I get inside the game it tells me Seasons was uninstalled and I have to quit to save everything. So I could either play Seasons or Bon Voyage.

I ended up deleting the whole game and I'll reinstall everything, I might have been able to play it for an hour yesterday but I had to deal with this (and I really love Seasons and don't want to lose it) and I'm getting really tired of having to delete my whole game and reinstall everytime I get a new expansion pack. Everytime I install one it tells me the previous one was uninstalled and I have to start over again.

I guess since not everyone has the same problem, it must be something I've downloaded or something to do with the patches. I just think it's crazy that the whole Seasons EP can be installed, all the information is there, but BV just doesn't recognize it, and I have to install everything all over again...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:03 AM
I'm not having precisely the same problem, but I AM having a problem with mysteriously disappearing Seasons. When I get into the game, every Seasons item has an ugly "NO ICON" picture instead of its preview pics. Butterflies show up not as butterflies, but as big yellow boxes that say "PLACEHOLDER" in red letters. I only knew they were butterflies because clicking on them still gives sims the option to "catch". If I direct them to use any Seasons interactions, they stand there and the item disappears from the queue. The icons that tell what season it is are all just black boxes, and my sim reacts to rain although I don't see or hear rain. Strangely enough, the Seasons jobs are still available through the newspaper and my sim can still take those jobs. I'm so confused!

I'm not sure if this is BV related, however, since I installed Seasons after BV. I'm just hoping it's that and not a scratched disk.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Blackwhite : 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:39 AM.
I have too a problem. No dispariton (lol) just a stupid thing. When I close the Bon Voyage and would like lauch again! Impossible.... really impossible.
No explanation, nothing, a lot of log but no text!
I must uninstall Bon Voyage, everytime run season again, make a point of restauration of my system, restaure it and install Bon Voyage again.
First I think that the problem was the download but it isn't that because when every first time I run Bon Voyage, all is OK!
This install, uninstall problem make me crazy especialy that it include that I have to do a lot of saves and saves again and again....but fortunately I loose nothing .... for the moment.
A big disturb!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 1:24 AM Last edited by billielith : 25th Sep 2007 at 1:34 AM.
Thanks forever Numenor for the precious infos! I had the same problem than everyone here. HystericalParoxysm gave me a link to this thread.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both EPs, set the icon to bypass the thingy and just got rid of the thingy itself. It works now! Thanks again!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Page 1 of 2