Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-From Plastic to Plaid- Men's Boxers Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 25th Sep 2007 at 4:20 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 12:42 AM by Phaenoh

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:43 PM
As always, Phaenoh, I love your work. Much less plastic-y looking, thanks! I always thought the Maxis ones looked like swimsuits...so this is much better. They actually look like underwear now!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:48 PM
Great job! With your creations, I've stopped cringing whenever I get to the defaults! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:59 PM
Thanks! This is perfect, and I have no other reason to use that outfit anymore!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:23 PM
Thanks everyone! I love reading comments, especially ones that shower me with praise...heh.

And ganymede? That was totally the reason behind everything I've been doing. Personally, I don't download many clothes, so I need to make all the Maxis ones usable. (I sim on a laptop, so too much CC makes it throw fits, so no offense all you clothing creators out there, my compy just can't take much).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:57 PM
amazing.
they never bothered me much before...
but i realise how speedo look now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 9:10 PM
aw thats what they look like!plastic! it bugged me cause i couldnt figure out what the shorts looked like.but now its plastic.but now it looks way more realistic with the plaid. thanks
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:22 PM
I always called these, plastic, too! They look hard and shiny--hardly what you'd want to put next to your most sensitive parts.

The plaid look is much more realistic. Thanks for all your hard work to make the Maxis defaults look a little less ridiculous.

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:28 PM
Awesome. I love these. None of my sim guys would be seen dead in something so impractical and shiny looking...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:33 PM
Your a genius Maxis should have you on their team, your much more sensible XP plastic underwear? what were they thinking? -_- lol
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by radarcassy
Your a genius Maxis should have you on their team, your much more sensible XP plastic underwear? what were they thinking? -_- lol

I totally agree, they should hire you what was Maxis thinking?!? I've always hated the Maxis versions, but thanks to you, I can actually use them in my game again. THANK YOU!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:59 PM
I've always fantasized at becoming a Maxoid. Thanks for the comments! I like to pretend that I'm an after-market maxoid, someone not paid by EA, but rather hired separately, and secretly by Maxis, to fix everything that they didn't have time for because EA made them rush through their game. ...hate EA.

Who knows, maybe I'll get a co-op with Maxis. That would be hella-sweet. I am in a design school after all...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:37 AM
Methinks I already said this in a comment on another of your replacements, but...

ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU

^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 2:26 AM
Awesome! No more plastic boxers! My sims and my eyes thank you! :]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:49 AM
You're the only creator I visit regularly here. Your defaults are AWESOMEsauce!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:01 PM
Triple yay!
And I thought my worshiping for you couldn't go higher. You're and angel, Phaenoh, these are very lovely
Thanks a BUNCH!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 2:54 PM
Much better!
Thank you so much for this set of replacements :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:38 PM
i love them! thanks bunches!
oh, and maybe if you get time you can make them in a smaller plaid pattern?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:26 PM
Again, you have my much sincere thanks. Simply wonderful :-)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jemjie
You're the only creator I visit regularly here. Your defaults are AWESOMEsauce!
Aww... Thats so sweet, but there are TONS of other great creators here!
Quote: Originally posted by starbucks_dreams
oh, and maybe if you get time you can make them in a smaller plaid pattern?
Sorry starbucks, but I rarely revisit my work (unless something is actually wrong with it, then you can be sure it will get fixed in a jiffy).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 11:54 PM
Thanks so much for these Phaenoh!! I love all of the goodies you make.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 11:57 AM
OH YES! THAAAANK YOOOOUUU!!!
I couldn't stop thinking every time I saw Maxis boxers "They really do look like plastic. Ugly plastic.."
And now you've made them un-ugly! THANK YOU! My hero
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 8:14 AM
(singing) no more plastic.. no more plastic..no more plastic

i can use these now!!!!
very cleverly you fix things for me that i loathe, mens underwear is something sad, truly, in the game. I dont go for realism (exept nouks hair that i love, but its not really really real right ) so all this work you do is a great gift. hugs and kisses
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:11 PM
Thank you so much. These boxers always gave me a hard time, especially the gray ones. They were so... ICK.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 1:05 PM
Hooray! I am officially a Phaenoh fan now. The others were right--the boxers looked like swimsuits and were way too shiny, and now they look really comfortable! I wish I could try them out myself

The reference to the Irish kilt-thing-outfit-whatever cracked me up
Page 1 of 2