Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Grimmauld Neighborhood

by StephSim Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 6:38 PM - Updated 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:51 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Cult Leader
#2 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 3:45 AM
Wow, this looks awesome. Great work.
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 5:16 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your Harry Potter lot series. I'm much enjoying them and appreciate all your work!

pureheart
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 12:04 PM
Thanks very much! I tried having sims live in numbers 11 and 13, but everyone kept wandering round together - so this is great thanks! I no longer have to worry about the lives of the muggles of numbers 11 and 13! As ever, fabulous work!

*~ Em ~*
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 1:07 AM
Wow! This revision is fabulous and is such a nice surprise. =D I love the exterior! And the interior looks so rich in taste; it's gorgeous and definitely fits my image of the Black House.

And I'm so delighted at the smaller lot size, since I find that my computer lags a bit when I'm playing on larger lots...Thank you! :]
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 7:56 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

KneazlePuff, that's funny. I guess you could have locked the doors on the other 2 buildings to keep your Simmies from roaming! I can imagine that. I have build quite a few LARGE lots for the Potter collection, but this redesign has made me rethink lot size immensely. I think my future uploads (after the Harry Potter collection) will have more of a variety. I will keep residential lots small (unless they are MANSIONS) and reserve the larger lots for commercial areas. It's funny as when I actually PLAYED the Sims in the past, I mainly played in small lots.

Starfish, ditto. I was surprised too as I don't know where the energy came from last week. I was working on and COMPLETED 4 lots at once! NEVERMORE! :D

Thanks again everyone! I'm off to paint my son's bedroom at 2:00 in the morning! He just celebrated his 7th birthday. Spiderman rules the day. He had a basketball court mural. Now he wants a RED bedroom with the Spiderman theme. I am going to be covered in red paint sleeping on the floor by 6:00 A.M.. As usual, it was supposed to be a simple paint job, but I decided to do a faux finish on the red walls, add a fake window with a useable window sill above his bed, hang yarn spiders from the ceiling and graffitti his name in a painted spider web. YUP...dead asleep by 6:00 A.M.!

stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 2:02 PM
Thank you, I prefer the decorated version.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:11 AM
You are welcomed Claire! Enjoy the download!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 6:58 AM
This is absolutely spectacular! Thank you so much!

Lord let me live this day so that if I found it was my last I would have lived it no differently.

"It's the simple things in life you treasure."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:26 AM Last edited by StephSim : 12th Mar 2008 at 7:49 AM.
Thanks Rhinsmsi!

12 Grimmauld Place is actually one of my favorite places in the Harry Potter books. It has so much history and so many core events happen there! I love the idea of having a Family Tree as part of the wall paper (be sure to click on the image -GR2f- to get a small glimpse of the Black Family Tree)!

steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 4:56 AM
This is such an amazing set of lots StephSim, you make me want to create a HP neighborhood!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 11:29 PM
Thank you. Please do create a neighborhood, after all that was my intention for creating the lots. It was a lot of work, but once I finished I was most happy with the results. My favorite to date still has to be Godric's Hollow! Take care and once again I truly appreciate your taking time to look at and/or download my lots as you made comments on them. I bow to you!

~*~Stephanie~*~