Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 2:28 AM
Thank you for a wonderful explain how to do it. HEY YOU MUST BE A GOOD TEACHER SMILE!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:58 AM
just wanted to say thank you - again it´s working sooooo great!! and i found some really cool textures on the net!
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 6:12 PM
THIS IS SOO HELPFUL! I really understood everything, it was all very well explained!
THANK YOUU ^^
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 9:53 PM
Default umm...
I havn't done anything like this before but its cool! I only have one problem and it is probably down to my own stupidity lol but every time i try and do this texture my dress just comes up as a darker black, not lavender. I read back through the whole tutorial and tried to do it again but it isn't working. Maybe I've missed something but can you please help? Thank you
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#55 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 11:14 PM
Purplerainfreak it's really hard to guess based on your description. When you do the tutorial, make sure that every step of the way the stuff you're looking at looks just like the pictures. If it doesn't - take a screenshot (printscreen), paste it into a program, scale it down a bit, and post it here with manage attachments (in advanced mode) and maybe someone can figure out what's going on.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 10:31 PM
ok will do. thank you :D
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 8:36 AM
thanks so much for the tut! but i have a quick question... after saying the texture as a gimp pattern do i need to keep the original file (its in my pictures folder) ???
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bradhadair2437
after saying the texture as a gimp pattern do i need to keep the original file (its in my pictures folder) ???

No need to keep it. If you have the pattern saved and working as a Gimp pattern, you can go ahead and delete the one in the pictures folder.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 2:39 PM
awesome. more space i can use. btw thank very much for answering me (esp so soon)
I have another question to pose to anybody who can help. i followed the gimp tuts and my underlying textures and details just turn to black (ie on this tut the boots)
no matter what i do.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 3:07 AM
awesome. more space i can use. btw thank very much for answering me (esp so soon)
I have another question to pose to anybody who can help. i followed the gimp tuts and my underlying textures and details just turn to black (ie on this tut the boots)
no matter what i do.

There are only a few reasons I can think of for that to be happening. You'd see this if you put the black on the background/texture layer or if you left the blend mode set to normal (it should be set to overlay) on the new layer or if the opacity was set too high. If you've checked all of those you could try to post more details about what you're doing and seeing, preferably with pictures, to help get a handle on what's going on.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 5:57 PM
this second one was so easy now that i've got the hang of it. i was a little confused tho at the end with not doing anything with the lavender layer like we did in the first tut. is it because its a pattern rather than a color? in the first one we had to go to hard light. but this time we ignored that layer and only worked with the boot layer.

Be proud for you are made of stars;
Be humble for you are made of earth.
Syberian proverb
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:47 PM
could this be a problem.... when i save a box comes up saying " your image should be exported before it can be saved as BMP for the following reasons: BMP plug-in can't handle layers
-flatten image
-merge visible layers
(the export conversion won't modilfy your original image)

the the buttons are
help
ignore
export
cancel

?????
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:48 PM
and how would i take pics of what i doing to show you?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 12:36 AM
The box is perfectly normal. Clicking export always gives me perfectly normal textures. As to pictures, you can click Pint Screen to take screen shots and then crop them in Gimp for size and attach them by clicking "manage attachments" at the bottom of the reply screen and selecting the picture you want to attach.

Test Subject
#65 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 6:46 PM
I did everything right but when i get to the part about filling the top part with the lavender pattern, how do i exactly fill the top part
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 6:58 PM
could this be a problem.... when i save a box comes up saying " your image should be exported before it can be saved as BMP for the following reasons: BMP plug-in can't handle layers
-flatten image
-merge visible layers
(the export conversion won't modilfy your original image)

the the buttons are
help
ignore
export
cancel

?????
I had that same problem but then i tried it again and this time i clicked ignore and the went back to the body shop and it worked but it was one solid color not the way it was before.
Test Subject
#67 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:53 PM
Thank you so much Vashti, I just made my lavender dress and it looks great! I'm all excited about dress making now, lol. I'm curious.. is this why some designers create white texture patterns with their dresses, to make it easier for crewators?
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:53 PM
Thank you so much Vashti, I just made my lavender dress and it looks great! I'm all excited about dress making now, lol. I'm curious.. is this why some designers create white texture patterns with their dresses, to make it easier for creators?
Test Subject
#69 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simslover0607
I had that same problem but then i tried it again and this time i clicked ignore and the went back to the body shop and it worked but it was one solid color not the way it was before.

i have the same problem too is this why my creations turn up blurry every time i make something i used to just click ignore then someone told me to click export so i did and it still comes up blurry i also tried that tutorial thing to get rid of the blurriness and that still doesn't work
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#70 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 6:47 AM
Well SimsHead - you posted this same problem in 2 different places, and it has nothing to do with the tutorial - as you know, because you posted that 'suddenly' they are blurry.

Please go ask for help in the main area, make your own thread, and describe the problem in full. For instance, have you recently installed a new ep, what size graphic are you editing, and so on. Or go give another look at the info on site about blurry clothing:

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...y_Shop_Projects

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 4:03 AM
I've had the EP on here for a while i tried the link you gave me before I found it on my own did what it said and the same thing still happens do i need a new graphic program or something. I can take snapshots of what my clothes turn out like and I can post them up would that help you try and solve my problem.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 9:51 AM
Thank you so much for posting this, this is the most user friendly tutruial Ive ever come across.
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 11:41 AM
Thank you so much for writing this tutor! It's great!
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:39 AM
omg I so loved it! i didn't think it was going to be this easy! thanks so much!

PHP Code:
la chiflada
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:24 PM
yay i did it! thank you for making this so easy to use!

*Dominique* :)
Page 3 of 5