Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TeenStar PC -> New Name: PC Omega 3000 - Updated for FREETIME

by CtfG Posted 12th Mar 2006 at 1:42 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2008 at 11:48 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME, Bugfix info

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 2:51 PM
Hallo du!

Sag' mal, ist der Hack auch GR kompatibel?

For all of you that can't speak german:
Is this hack compatible with BV, too?
Test Subject
#77 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 3:05 AM
I'm confused as to which one I download if I have all eps
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:27 AM
Update 2008-01-08
This object works with EP6 - Bon Voyage, though it will (of course) not offer the option to buy a vacation home. An update will follow shortly.

Vironin

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Test Subject
#79 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 7:52 AM
I've been using you Teenstar for awhile now and love it but I have encountered a problem and wondered if you knew how I could fix it.My teen was at work and I made a wrong decision and got fired,instead of exiting without saving I hit the save button and so now hes fired,thing is,I got him his teen job back and got him to the top but when I go for the adult career in that field it says I'm already on file and can't have 2 shifts.So I tried quiting and getting an adult career but I keep getting an Object error and have to Reset.Any ideas?
P.S. it still works fine for other teens in the game just not that one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:02 AM
Update 2008-04-02
Updated for FREETIME. Please use the new file "PC-Omega-3000_v0.1.07_FT.rar" if you have EP7 FreeTime. Also check the manual; there are some changes regarding EP6 Bon Voyage. Thank you.

Vironin

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tbuck01
I've been using you Teenstar for awhile now and love it but I have encountered a problem and wondered if you knew how I could fix it.My teen was at work and I made a wrong decision and got fired,instead of exiting without saving I hit the save button and so now hes fired,thing is,I got him his teen job back and got him to the top but when I go for the adult career in that field it says I'm already on file and can't have 2 shifts.So I tried quiting and getting an adult career but I keep getting an Object error and have to Reset.Any ideas?
P.S. it still works fine for other teens in the game just not that one.

Right, this is wrong *g*. No, serious: It's a bug which I will immediately remove. Reason for this bug: CtfG has set certain numbers during the application process, but did not reset them. I have already changed that, but I too forgot about the "I got fired!" situation. Should be fixed by tomorrow.

Vironin

Test Subject
#82 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:46 AM
That will be great! Thanks so much for such a wonderfull object,My teen sim thanks you too.LOL,I wish I had half of your ability I got pretty handy with editing sims 1 but I just don't seem to get the SimPE program,I'll keep trying though,maybe one day.
I only have the base game for now so can you tell which version will be best for me once you fixed the,"got fired" bug.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:49 AM Last edited by CtfG : 3rd Apr 2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: More info
Bugfix 2008-04-03
As reported here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...127#post1915127, there is a bug which prevents a teen who got fired from a teen or adult job to enter another adult career. This is fixed now. Please download the new version (will be uploaded immediately after this entry).

The problem was a non-resetted value. Both CtfG and I take good care of our sims, and during testing, not one got fired. Put that issue into my "to test" list. Thanks for the info, and my apologies for this error.

Vironin

Edit:
@ tbuck01 (and all the others who dl'ed this PC): I encluded a manual (both english & german) with an in-detail explanation of all new pie menus. Especially for your kind of problem, tbuck01, I put in an "Emergency Reset" (available from "Person Detail.../Emergency Reset.../Reset Sim On Strange Message". When selecting this option, the teen will get removed from any job, all PTO and joblevels will be deleted, and the teen will be registered back to school (with the last achieved school grade, no change in that one). This is kind of a brute way to fix the problem, but the only one I found on the fly. Please use this option ONLY if nothing else helps! After that, the teen should go the usual way of entering a teen career, then start the application for an adult position in that teen career.

Thanks for finding out this error!

Vironin

Test Subject
#84 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:51 PM
I hate to make things worse but I d/l'ed The Omega version and it crashes the game during start-up.even tried both Packages,same thing,version 0.51 is worse than the 1 before that I was useing as it object errors as soon as my cursor runs over it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 11:27 PM
I hate to make things worse but I d/l'ed The Omega version and it crashes the game during start-up.even tried both Packages,same thing,version 0.51 is worse than the 1 before that I was useing as it object errors as soon as my cursor runs over it.

Which EP's do you have installed?

Test Subject
#86 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 11:52 PM
I'm running only the base game for now,just getting started ya know,finally got a PC that can handle it.
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:36 AM
I was thinking,(oh,oh)
I was reading somewhere that in Uni and on they came up with a 3 deep pie menu and that won't work with the base game as it only is able to go 2 deep,so if you cut down on clutter in the Omega version buy useing the 3 deep pie menu,that might be it.
the CtfG_TeenStarPC.zip still working well,might be the one to fix the bug in to work for the base game,just a thought.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:36 AM
I was thinking,(oh,oh)
I was reading somewhere that in Uni and on they came up with a 3 deep pie menu and that won't work with the base game as it only is able to go 2 deep,so if you cut down on clutter in the Omega version buy useing the 3 deep pie menu,that might be it.
the CtfG_TeenStarPC.zip still working well,might be the one to fix the bug in to work for the base game,just a thought.

When running the base game, please use the file "CtfG_PC01.zip". Every other file will indeed cause problems.

Vironin

Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 10:59 AM Last edited by tbuck01 : 6th Apr 2008 at 3:20 AM.
Ya but I've been running CtfG_TeenStarPC.zip and its been working just fine with the base game,still is, other than the 1 teen that got fired and can't get back into the adult careers.
I d/l'ed the "CtfG_PC01.zip" and tried it out and though it works in the game the pie menu for School & Work has only 4 options so with that version he can only apply for a teen job,no adult job or find adult job in current position.
Instructor
#90 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else asked this... but I downloaded the last one on the list. Everything works (I haven't tried the job yet) but I can't move my teens out.
I try to with two teens and it says "Only Adults and Elders can move out."
>.< Maybe I DLed the wrong one? i have every single expansion pack and stuff pack...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 11:43 AM
Bugfix 2008-04-16 for EP7 FREETIME only
I found a bug concerning the "Teen Move Out" option: It doesn't work. Though the option is available in the pie menu and the teen starts to prepare the move out by sitting and typing on the PC, the interaction ends with the message: "Only Adults and Elders may move out", and the teen stays where s/he is.

After looking into the files, I found two places where I had to change the age check (which wasn't necessary until the release of FreeTime). Though the problem is now fixed, the bugfix will most probably conflict with Jase's InTeenimater. That's why I decided to not implement the fix into the PC itself, but to release it as a "Hotfix".

a) If you use InTeenimater, DO NOT install this bugfix. Following Jase's programming of InTeenimater, the option "Move Out" will appear when the teen is at lease 5 days old (or sooner, depending on the FlavorPack you use).

b) If you do not use InTeenimater, download the hotfix and put the extracted package file into the same folder as the PC Omega 3000 package.

c) If you use any other hack that enables teens to move out, chances are high that you won't need this bugfix. If in doubt, download the file, check the documentation and compare the facts with the documentation of the other hack.

Please note that this hotfix affects EP7 FreeTime only and is not needed for any earlier version of this PC!

Vironin

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 11:55 AM
(...) I d/l'ed the "CtfG_PC01.zip" and tried it out and though it works in the game the pie menu for School & Work has only 4 options so with that version he can only apply for a teen job,no adult job or find adult job in current position.

True. The base game offers 10 careers, and a PC offers 5 jobs per day, so you will find your "dream job" within 2 days. UNI added 4 careers, PETS introduced 3 pet careers, with SEASONS came 6 new careers, and with FRETTIME 5 new. But still any PC offers only 5 jobs per day, so it was about time to offer all jobs with the later versions of this PC.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
I don't know if anyone else asked this... but I downloaded the last one on the list. Everything works (I haven't tried the job yet) but I can't move my teens out.
I try to with two teens and it says "Only Adults and Elders can move out."
>.< Maybe I DLed the wrong one? i have every single expansion pack and stuff pack...

I found the same problem, as you can read a bit above. During testing, when my teen sat down in front of the PC and started typing, I assumed everything okay and aborted the interaction. Well, stupid me :D. Anyway, it's fixed now. Sorry for this.

Vironin

Instructor
#94 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:41 AM
Thanks for the fix.
I was worried that I'd have to killt he parents again.
Test Subject
#95 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:50 AM
I have up to BV and don't have Inteem. Which one do I download?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by petwaitress
I have up to BV and don't have Inteem. Which one do I download?

For reasons that have to do with CtfG's health, he never did create a version for BonVoyage. You may try the FT version with BV, though I cannot guarantee that it works. If you want to take the risk and run into severe problems:
- exit the lot WITHOUT saving
- end the game
- remove the mod from the Downloads folder
- post here what the problem was.

If necessary, I will create a separate version for BV, but this may take some time since I am involved into another major project.

Test Subject
#97 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 10:15 PM
I'm sorry if this problem has already been covered, but my computer wouldn't load threads 1-3 for me and thus, I was unable to read them. Apologies. :/

I have the base game, Uni and Pets, and don't have Inteem. I downloaded the CtfG_TeenStarPC.zip, and all went well until I tried to open the download to extract the files. A window opened up saying, 'The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted', and wouldn't let me open the folder.
Did I download the wrong one, or do you know what's causing this to happen? I don't THINK it's my computer because I downloaded your Bonsai of Wisdom (awesome job, by the way!) successfully shortly afterwards. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Oh, and congratulations on this fantastic idea!

-Scotty
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 4:29 PM
finally i can move my girl to her fathers in my movie!!!! all i need now is meternity replacements :lovestruc
the smilies is a small showing of wat happens in my movie...
Test Subject
#99 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 2:30 AM
I only read the first page, so sorry if this was already asked.

Users of FreeTime ONLY download the newest update for it, right?

~Em

I was like 11 when I made this account okay. D:
Test Subject
#100 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 4:06 PM Last edited by bluechicken : 28th Dec 2008 at 4:07 PM. Reason: Spelling error ;)
I just wanted to know if this super awesome modded PC will be modified and updated for apartment life?

This is one of my favorite downloads so I really hope that it is updated!
Page 4 of 5