Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Repair Animation Fix for 2-tiled Floor TVs - Sims hold the screwdriver correctly

by Lord Darcy Posted 9th Jul 2008 at 11:14 AM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:07 AM by Lord Darcy : AL Compatibility

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:33 PM
Wow, totaly awesome, LordDarcy. Always, fixing what Maxis does.

Ha, first to comment, ya!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:48 PM
I didn't play that much but if I'd see that, it would've bugged me. Thanks!
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:49 PM
Thanks for doing this! I always saw this on my TV's, but never had a clue how to fix it!

Fantastic work on the fix, thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 1:16 PM
You are incredible! Thanks so much! I hate when they attack the TV from behind.. But really, thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 1:39 PM
No i hadnt noticed it but ill take it just be sure thanks xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:04 PM
You are amazing!!!!!! Thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:05 PM
You're a life-saver! Thank you so much! This has been bugging me so much! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:19 PM
Thanks for fixing even such small details. It's a pity that EA doesn't notice them. Well done and a good idea.
hexameter
Forum Resident
#10 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 6:32 PM
Thanks a lot for this fix! I thought that this animation bug was my fault when I created a two tiled television for FreeTime. Now I know better. I´ll certainly link to this thread to let other people know about your fix!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 6:51 PM
Maybe the sim was banging on the TV with the screwdriver handle because they're so frustrated with shoddy Maxis coding? Thanks again for another fix.
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:23 PM
Like always you are the best, thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:52 PM
Maybe they were implying that women are too stupid to repair TVs when they can't even hold the screwdriver correctly? *LOL* Thanks for fixing that! :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:58 PM
You are so wonderful for taking on their complete mistakes, without you our games would be totally messed up.
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 10:36 PM
It's the little things like this that make my game worth playing. :] Thanks a bunch.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:21 AM
I'm sure EAxis will include your fix when they make the first patch for "Apartment Life". Thanks for the fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:22 AM
What would we do without Lord Darcy? We'd play the buggy misprogrammed piece of trash that EA pushes on us with no hope of it ever being right, that's what. Another brilliant fix from the Fix-Master!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:41 AM
lmao. Silly EAXis. Thanks for your awesome fixes, we wouldn't know where we'd be without you LD. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:02 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 10th Jul 2008 at 6:10 AM.
Thanks for all your kind comments. I see several well-known object creators left comments too. As object creators test their creations most thoroughly, I can see how they must have caught this little glitch long before I took notice.

After I found out this problem comes up even for Maxis-made GLS Luxury TV, I suspected the problem lies not in the custom objects themselves but somewhere in the TV semi-global code. This is not a "bug" so much as a very short-sighted, lazy programming on EAxis's part. Using a hardcoded GUID in BHAV to solve this kind of problem is a quick, dirty way to do the thing. Especially when a simple, better alternative is already available.

EAxis should have realized that eventually people will make their own custom TVs. For that matter, they should have realized that EAxis themselves will add new TVs in subsequent EPs/SPs, at the very least. Kinda like that problem in OFB display case which won't accept any other cakes except for 2 base game ones, resulting in many people's frustration when Celebration pack added new cakes.

Quote: Originally posted by selzi
Maybe they were implying that women are too stupid to repair TVs when they can't even hold the screwdriver correctly? *LOL*

I know you're joking , but the game does not treat females differently from males in most cases. Without this fix, the wrong animation will come up for male Sims too.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:00 AM
~Thankyou~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:15 AM Last edited by helter : 10th Jul 2008 at 9:20 AM.
So sick of them EA Games hey SimJymm when EA make a patch to fix their large mistakes they make it worse so Lord Darcy will have a fix for Apartments.EA will probably include Lord Darcys fix for which they should pay HIM/Her for the screwdriver stuff up and the other fixes he/her made for us.And Lord Darcy will probably have to correct it as they ur useless and will stuff that up too.And as for EA making the first patch for "Apartment Life" they've made 3 useless patches for Freetime and still wrecks ppls computers.So i'd hate to think of what that expansion will be like.Hey Lord Darcy keep up the good work as you keep ppls smiling with ur fixes and make their game bearable.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:19 AM
to b honest i haven't noticed this bug yet.... but i will definitely get your fix for it!!!! thanks, LD!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 1:10 PM
As I stated earlier, WHY haven't they hired you for Sims 3?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 1:01 AM
Never noticed that! Thanks a ton though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:26 AM
It really is the small details that count.
Page 1 of 2