Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SuperHeroine Bodystyle UPDATE June'06

by Xenos Posted 15th Feb 2005 at 3:25 PM - Updated 9th Jun 2006 at 3:26 PM by Xenos : Added Link to Warlokk's Stuff

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 277 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 12
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 3:47 PM
Whoa... What a woman. *drools*
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 3:51 PM
sehr coolios! danke :P
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 3:57 PM
Wow looks good...You did a great job more body choices
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 4:09 PM
great looking .Thanks going to give a test right now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 4:58 PM
Two more Heroine Meshes are ready for testing. With this technique I'm using, it's actually taking me more time to get screenshots for you guys than it is to make the actual meshes. :banana:

Both of these will appear in your Casual Wear and the long black one will also appear in "formal".

The white knit one looks a bit odd with the shadows at the hem, I'm noticing. This is because of the way the mesh is stretched in the hip area. Darker colored outfits should reduce this effect. It's not horribly bad with that knit dress, but it is a bit annoying. Hopefully, I can figure out what controls the amount of shadows on a clothes mesh (if anyone knows, please let me know) and then back off on the shadow factor in there.

Enjoy and lemme know if any other issues come up.

Again - to install, download each archive and extract them to your downloads folder.

X.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineTurtleDress.rar (565.5 KB, 6767 downloads)
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineDressTwo.rar (271.8 KB, 6676 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 4:59 PM
Wow! She scares me great stuff! Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:09 PM
She is pretty scary, huh?

I should point out that I am fully aware that this is more of a comic book style body than someone one would see in real life - but that's the point, I guess.

Also, if any of you skinners out there would like your skin converted to this bodytype - point me to a link to where to download your skin and I'll whip up an altered mesh and do that skin. I think this is probably going to be better than me just randomly picking meshes to apply to this bodyshape - work on demand.

X.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:22 PM
Man oh maaan! There's a new Sheriff in town!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:28 PM
Default Lovely!
I really like this mesh! Personally, I'd love to see her in some casual outfits - jeans, sweaters, t-shirts. Also gym clothes, if possible (since this gal DEFINITELY works out!). Thanks again! ~KG
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:45 PM
How about a nude skin?, i would like light skins.One with with brown pubic hair and a blond. Greedy greedy but I can't help it you have made somthing really spectacular!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 6:08 PM
Jeans, sweaters, and such are on my list. Eventually, I'd like to get most of the default meshes (at least the ones that make for common outfit configurations) converted to this bodystyle - I really like the way it looks in my game (much better than it appears in those cheesy screenshots - she's REALLY a badass!)

Jacktoon - you can make a nude skin for her in bodyshop. Use the "swimmesh" (from the first post in this thread). Download and install if (if you haven't already), and use the one with the croptop and briefs as your base. Then, just edit those images (make each one completely black) and then import it into the game. That will make it so that your sim's default nude skin appears as that clothing.

At the end of the day - I'm hoping you skinners will help me come up with cool skins for these meshes while I spend my time applying this bodtype (and the others I make) to the various default meshes out there.

If you are a skinner and have a skin you'd like to see converted to this bodytype - see this thread. If the mesh for your skin has already been created (there are three as of this writing) you should be able to do it in bodyshop yourself pretty easily. Just grab the new mesh and skin from here. Load bodyshop, create a new skin from my mesh. Create a new skin from your skin. Copy the graphics from your skin to the folder that has my mesh in it, import it into the game and it's done.

If you have some ideas for new bodytypes, check here.

X.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 6:17 PM
I am quite impressed. Yes, Big Barda does scare me just by glancing at the screencaps, but still, it is _very_ impressive work, and gives some hope for variety in sim shapes. Hope you get those pants & shirt sets eventually, since it seems my sims have inherited my aversion towards skirts and dresses. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:06 PM Last edited by Xenos : 15th Feb 2005 at 7:07 PM. Reason: typo
As requested, here are some pants and shirts. A regular one and the "SlickSuit" I used default skins on them, but any skin designed for the original mesh these meshes are based upon should be able to be easily converted in bodyshop to apply to these meshes.

I'm running out of time today, so I didn't fire these up in the game, yet - but the results have been very consistent, so I can't imagine anything overly drastic going wrong by actually playing these meshes. (I'll test 'em out myself in a bit, as well - looks like the powersuit may have that minor shadow issue I saw in the dress, as well...). They DO work fine in Bodyshop (as you can see by the quick captures I made). So all should be well.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineOvershirtPants.rar (590.1 KB, 5726 downloads)
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineSlickSuit.rar (494.3 KB, 5154 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:18 PM
Ahhh - I just realized what you were asking about regarding the nude skin....

Yes - this is always going to be problematic in the game as the game only has one "nude mesh" per gender per agegroup. So, technically, you COULD replace the default nude mesh with this "heroine" bodytype, but then all the normal shaped people would get huge when they showered or hopped into the hottub....

But, alas, this is going to be the case with any of the custom body meshes that are starting to come onto the scene now.

X.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:27 PM
Yaaaaaay!More variety now,I love it Xenos.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:34 PM
Thanks Xenos. My Lara Croft sim will now be complete :banana:
Banned
#18 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:44 PM
are there any skins for this so i dont have to use those clothes?
or perhaps im misunderstanding this thing.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:48 PM
*drools* Nice, nice work. *stares at boobies* Very nice.
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 8:09 PM
Looks like Chyna Doll to me.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 8:16 PM
Many thanks for the new outfits, especially for the suit.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:22 PM
Wow, I love this!
Thank you Xenos, you really did a remarkable job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:46 PM
Thanks everyone. Glad these are going over well. One's always nervous when first putting stuff out before the eyes of others.

Quote:
are there any skins for this so i dont have to use those clothes?

Each new mesh comes with a default skin (the ones in the picture). Folks will be pretty much on their own to make new skins for them in bodyshop since there are only so many hours in the day. I would imagine that once I move these out of the beta section, there will be lots more people making new skins - remember, all of these are less than a day old, too! (You can't expect miracles).

I'm going to leave these in beta for a few days to hear from folks who are using these in the game. I'm hearing comments on the screenshots, but no word, yet, on whether there is any in-game wonkiness going on.

X.
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:50 PM
i sent u a message k
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:52 PM
Loves myself an Amazon. Excellent work!
Page 1 of 12