Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SuperHeroine Bodystyle UPDATE June'06

by Xenos Posted 15th Feb 2005 at 3:25 PM - Updated 9th Jun 2006 at 3:26 PM by Xenos : Added Link to Warlokk's Stuff

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 277 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 12
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 1:40 PM
Hmmm. These shouldn't replace anything. And, if you make a new skin in bodyshop, it shouldn't replace the existing one, either. I've only made multiple skins for a single mesh on the first one posted in this thread - and those effects didn't turn up for me - both skins appeared there.

Jessica - you've made several skins from these meshes - did you experience this with any of them?

Not sure what's up, Pseudonymph... I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can duplicate the situation, though. If you'd like - please send me that skin file and I'll look through and see if there's anything odd in there. (It should be in your "Saved Sims" folder with a hash number followed by the name you gave the project in bodyshop). Make sure that in the post you attach it to that you let people know that it might be buggy so people don't download it until I see what's up.

X.
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 1:52 PM
does it just show up in downloaded skins ?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 1:52 PM
i'm sure there was an error on my part. i will try again before i post anything. thanks, xenos! i'll let you know my 2nd outcome and post screens if successful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 2:00 PM
Beyonce - yes - it'll appear with the rest of your downloaded skins (and the ones in the game for that matter). You'll see them in bodyshop and you'll see them in your "Create A Sim" section of the game. And, though I haven't actually tested it, they should also appear in the clothes racks in your community lots. Make sure you are putting both the files in the rar files above into your downloads folder.

PNymph - okies. Gimme a yell if it's still messing up. I've been doing this for just a few days, so far, so it's possible that I missed something, though that's doubtful since I'm going from the tutorial, but it IS possible. (Plus, I'm an idiot anyway, so it wouldn't be overly suprising).

X.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 2:21 PM
you are FAR from an idiot!! and i got it to work...yay. thanks a lot, xenos. and yes, the original is still available!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 3:16 PM
Very nice, PNymph!

Alright - here are a few more for you. (NOTE: I tried to do the slip for nightwear, but there are actually two models in there and the technique I used crashed my bodyshop. I can probably fix it - eventually, but I want to get into different bodytypes before I expand the collection of meshes at this point). More on that later.

Okay - today's updates: Gym Clothes, Short Dress (without the turtleneck dealio) and Amazon.

These will be that last update of this bodytype - at least for a while. I'm going to be adding several new bodytypes over the coming days and doing new things will be faster if I have all the bodytypes done and then do a new mesh for each bodytype rather than the other way around.

Enjoy and, as always, lemme know if there are any problems!

X.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineShortDress.rar (376.5 KB, 5527 downloads)
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineTracksuit.rar (256.5 KB, 4903 downloads)
File Type: rar  XenosHeroineWarrior.rar (367.7 KB, 4707 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 3:22 PM
Once again Xenos thanks for your excellent work
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 3:46 PM
You made da bomb! I've seen some like her at the gym, scary! LOL It's a great mesh! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 3:55 PM
good stuff, xenos! again, thanks...i was able to apply a jean skin (from peggysims2) to your heroine jean mesh. again, thanks! my babe is quite bodacious .

also, i have another question. i made a nude skin using the advice you gave jacktoon. i imported it into the game. now, how do i make it so that my heroine sim has that as her default nude? do i have to buy it as a clothing skin?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#60 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:19 PM
Wow what a Girl :bump:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:25 PM
More nice work! Excellent!

There's no way (at this time) to make the default nudes (nor job clothes) match the bodytypes. I'm hoping that one day we'll get past it, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon. Sorry.

X.
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:44 PM
I cant get any of this to show up in body shop. I have put it all in my downloads directory..what am i doing wrong?
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:45 PM
oh, I love this.

Is there any chance you'll do corresponding teen and elder meshes, so I can have this body type run in a family?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:58 PM
Talon - I'm not sure. They show up in bodyshop in "Create Clothes" and not in the "Clone/Create Sims" section... (Though if you create a sim, and then pick clothes for them to wear, they should show up).

Where are you looking to find them in Bodyshop?

----

Ari_ Yes - I'm going to be doing several bodytypes - male and female and Teens, Adults, Elders. I'll be doing all the base types in male and female first and then will be doing teens and elders, most likely. So, it'll probably be a few weeks, but.... We'll get there.

X.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 6:06 PM Last edited by pseudonymph24 : 16th Feb 2005 at 6:09 PM.
okay, i'm a little confused now. if you don't mind, can you elaborate just a bit more on what you meant here exactly:

note: i bolded the part that confused me b/c it kinda clashed with what you said two posts above this one, i think...or maybe i'm just confusing myself lol...

Quote:
Jacktoon - you can make a nude skin for her in bodyshop. Use the "swimmesh" (from the first post in this thread). Download and install if (if you haven't already), and use the one with the croptop and briefs as your base. Then, just edit those images (make each one completely black) and then import it into the game. That will make it so that your sim's default nude skin appears as that clothing.

thanks, x.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 6:12 PM
No I was wrong there...

In another post a few below that one:

Quote:
Ahhh - I just realized what you were asking about regarding the nude skin....

Yes - this is always going to be problematic in the game as the game only has one "nude mesh" per gender per agegroup. So, technically, you COULD replace the default nude mesh with this "heroine" bodytype, but then all the normal shaped people would get huge when they showered or hopped into the hottub....

But, alas, this is going to be the case with any of the custom body meshes that are starting to come onto the scene now.

Sorry for the confusion - told ya I was an idiot.

X.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 6:15 PM
haha, got cha. thanks.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 11:44 PM
It DOES look like China!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 1:07 AM
I'm really crap at making clothes, but I love the super mesh you've made. Can some of you upload some of the sexy outfits you've created? This would make my BBW simette very happy when she goes shopping.

keep up the good work.

p.s.: how do I upload screenshots onto a thread page?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 3:59 AM
Hey Bud good job. I used poser bodies in Sims 1. Here is a capture of one I converted to Sims 2. the mapping isn't great but she is definityly detailed.--lots of vertice.
Screenshots
Banned
#71 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 4:04 AM
i dont understand. how is everyone getting diferent clothes? are they modifying your skin?
Field Researcher
#72 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xenos
If you are a skinner and have a skin you'd like to see converted to this bodytype - see this thread. If the mesh for your skin has already been created (there are three as of this writing) you should be able to do it in bodyshop yourself pretty easily. Just grab the new mesh and skin from here. Load bodyshop, create a new skin from my mesh. Create a new skin from your skin. Copy the graphics from your skin to the folder that has my mesh in it, import it into the game and it's done.

hope that helps ya, untitled data. that lil' explanation from the great xenos was a heaven-sent b/c i was lost, too.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 6:36 AM
when i apply new skins to the heroine_formal in bodyshop, everything is fine except for when the sim mannequin places her hands on her hips, and her right hand goes through the mesh. her left hand is fine, though. i tried it with some other skins, and it kept doing the same thing. here's a lil' screenshot:
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#74 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 7:07 AM
Nice. I'm downloading.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 7:19 AM
Landoman are you going to upload your works Hope so Very nicely nicely done Wow
Page 3 of 12