Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 19th May 2009 at 12:49 AM
Default Round 2 - clw8
Round 2
clw8
------
------
(remember to click the pics)
------
------
Sim #1
Martin Kingsley
Kids?: 1

Hello! I am Martin. I was married for eleven wonderful years. Two years ago my late wife, Grace, died in a car wreck. It took a little over a year to get my life back on track, but when I did, I came to a realization. My daughter, Amber, needed a woman in her life. That is when I met Alexis, and we are now engaged. My family and I just moved into a new house that my construction company has been building. It is a ranch house, and we built a stable, as my daughter Amber has always wanted a horse.

I am a very easily pleased man. Besides my love for building, I also like to plant and fish. There is nothing better than late night baseball games and March Madness.

I am very accomplished in life, and am very honored to have found another woman with which I can spend my life with. It isn't an easy thing to come by, and for a while, I was worried of being unfaithful to Grace. I am also proud to have such a gorgeous, growing young lady for a daughter. I really don't know what more I could wish for in life, as I have it all already!

Sim #2
Amber Kingsley

Hey, I'm Amber! I am very outgoing and outspoken, according to my father. I am in gymnastics and ballet class. I love going to the beach and riding horses. My favorite color is green, and told daddy to paint my entire new bedroom green!

I am definately a daddy's girl. My mom was a cool woman too. I miss her dearly, and wish she could be here today. However, I have somehow took a liking to Alexis. She is pretty cool- but maybe a little too cool. And plus, don't tell her, but she freaks me out sometimes. But, dad likes to take me down to the park and we go fishing together and then he watches me play on the jungle gym. Alexis likes to take me shopping, and bought me this dress I am wearing!

My family is awesome, and I wouldn't trade it for that stuff on tv ever!

Sim #3
Alexis Richardson
Kids?: n/a

I'm Alexis. I'm a little wild and crazy compared to my soon to be family. I wasn't always this wacky, but, hey - college can change a person! No matter, my fiance Martin loves me unconditionally. I cut hair for a living, so it's only fitting that I have this totally wicked hair do. I love the cut and the highlights, though I Martin and Amber find it frea-ky!

In my spare time, I am learning the art of tattooing. I have a tattoo, though it's only visible in a bathing suit or in the nude, haha. I'm thinking of getting more, but I don't want to over do it by getting a ton. I would also like to do some modeling one day, however I don't think that Martin would like this much, especially if I was required to wear nothing. It's probably for the better though; my body should be for his prying eyes only.

So, as Martin and Amber have already stated before, we share bonds that cannot be easily broken. We have love, faith, and devotion. We are the Kingsley's (Well, you know - I will be very soon! )

------
------
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#177 Old 19th May 2009 at 12:54 AM
here's the thing: Sim #3 isnt supposed to mention if they have kids. Any way to change that? Perhaps Alexis could be a girlfriend? (One who didn't give birth to Amber) Or if you don't like that maybe she could be a sister? A nanny? Is there any way to fix this?
Scholar
#178 Old 19th May 2009 at 12:57 AM
oh, i wasn't aware that it said that in the rules ...... Well crap a doodle, lol. I guess if I go in a redo some writing, then I suppose I could switch stuff around.

So, she can be engaged, but not married or have a kid?

EDIT: OK, I fixed it now.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Inventor
Original Poster
#179 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:22 AM
it sounds great, are you okay with Alexis having another kid, older than Amber? (she doesn't have to know about it, she could have put it up for adoption, she could have stopped the pregnancy, if you want to count that as a child...
Scholar
#180 Old 19th May 2009 at 3:20 AM
do i need to have this mystery child included now, or is this for a later round? either way, it's all fine....I"m thinking like a one night stand type of thing.....

Site Helper
#181 Old 20th May 2009 at 12:52 PM Last edited by sidneydoj : 20th May 2009 at 1:30 PM.
Does the Big Merge affect our timetable any?

(And this should probably be moved to "in progress-Other" now)

EDIT

They said I could have my own account, so I'm asking for this account be changed to Ghost and I'll make a new one for my husband.
Inventor
Original Poster
#182 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:48 PM
Um, okay. I'm going to PM boolpropped asking for a few day's extension on the contest, what with everything that's been going on.
Site Helper
#183 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:25 PM Last edited by sidneydoj : 20th May 2009 at 2:49 PM.
Default Sidneydoj(Ghost) Round 2
Sim 1: Aodhan (Fire) Shahrivar (Desirable power, also a god of smiths and protector of the weak.)

I'm sorry, Aodhan is busy right now. We may be acting as a garrison, but the two children need to learn civilized skills as well as tracking, fighting, and magic. He's teaching them crafting. I am Alina, Aodhan's fiancee. Aodhan is like a fire. He can be comforting, or he can be deadly. And he is often unpredictable. He is busy training the children right now, so he can't be embarrassed by this. Just don't tell him you know? He doesn't like having strangers know too much about him. I guess you could call him shy, but that's part of what I love about him.

We met while we were studying at the Priory of Light. The humans had recently begun sending students there, and we were beginning to be appalled at the way their own people were treating them. The fact that vampires were feeding freely on the population was bad enough, but the fact that some of the students at the priory had younger siblings who had been attacked by vampires or who had vanished without a trace alarmed us enough to bring a request to the council to attempt to rescue the human "underclass" that was most vulnerable to that sort of thing. The council approved after only a year of deliberation, but that proved to be a deadly mistake. We had gotten almost 500 humans out of there and into an uninhabited area of the forest, when a vampire showed up at the council meeting and demanded the return of the "Captives." The council replied that there were no captives; any human in the forest was free to go wherever they wished as long as they abided by the common laws. The vampire commented that his master had expected that reply, and that a state of war now existed between our two realms. A few minutes later the whole forest was on fire.

Some of us who were more skilled with magic sensed the power of a curse being targeted at us through the vampire, and were able to turn much of it back to the source. The human kingdom fell to the power of the curse that their own king cast, and their army was obliterated by our forces. As a healer, I was not part of that. But Aodhan, Aiman, Javaid, and a handful of others drove off over 5000 attackers that day.

I tried to console myself by painting, which I have always loved. Somehow even that could not ease the pain I felt. Finally Aodhan took me to the cemetery where the innocents who had died were laid to rest. We sat in silence among the dead as I cried on his shoulder. Finally I began to feel at peace again. That was when I got the biggest surprise of my life.

Of course I had to say Yes. Who knows what he would have come up with if I made him try again!

Those of us who had been most involved in rescuing humans began to feel that we were no longer welcome in the forest, but we had heard rumors of a place that the Priory was calling Novaria. Some of us decided to emigrate there, where we would be no more unwelcome than we were here. Aodhan and I were joined by two dark elf orphans who had taken the names Mstislav and Manyara, along with Aiman and her brother Javaid.

Sim 3: Aiman (Beauty of the moon) Andalko (Angel)

Of course she spends half an hour telling you that we had to leave for Novaria, and then stops just as it gets interesting! Well, alright, I suppose getting engaged on a nice romantic date in a cemetery might qualify as interesting... I think I would have made him try again, though.

We got here, and had to find food. Javaid and I are half dark elf, so we knew how to fish. Alina and Aodhan weren't very happy about fish for dinner, but they had to agree we didn't have time to grow any fruit trees or vegetables of our own and we didn't know enough about the local plants to be sure we knew what was edible. I caught the first one, and it was huge!

We spent some time in an open-air park, while I cooked the fish I had caught. We noticed that the population was as different as any of the plants were. There were elves and humans there, but there were also races that we had never seen before. Most of them do seem to be as bad as Fey-eves about making sure their houses blind you before you get too close, though. And we were not the only ones who were eating fish.

I was approached by a humanoid cat named Myrhyss who invited me to come live with him. I turned him down, but the children seemed to like him. He was willing to play games with them, which they needed. (Especially poor Mystislav. Manyara at least knows how to smile. And my idiot brother thinks it's a good idea for them to learn to fight. If they are destined for it, they will learn. Until then, they should be taught to enjoy the present moment. Tomorrow may not come.) Finally they sat and talked with him, and he managed to explain that he could tell that we were alone here, he was impressed with my skill at catching and cooking fish, and he was offering to let us all stay at his home in exchange for freshly cooked fish every day. It was the sudden hail storm that made up our minds for us. Taking three days to build a place to keep rain and hail off our heads as opposed to going to a place that was already built was a no-brainer. And it turns out that he is actually a lot of fun to be with, once you learn to understand that feline accent. (There are a lot of letters he can't pronounce. Even my name comes out as Aomyn!)
If you ever get tickled by a cat, watch out for that tail!
He was even able to show the others which plants were edible, although he thought it was funny that they would want to eat salads when there was fish available. Alina has found her solace from the memories, and I think I may have found mine. We are starting to spend a lot of time alone together, anyway. He likes my violin, and I enjoy dancing with him. (Especially after using a spell to make the violin play itself.) And no, you do not get to see pictures of that. It's private. ;D

They say it's our turn now. Mystislav is probably going to pretend he doesn't know how to write, though. We were only 26 when the world burned and our family died. Our cribs were buried in rubble. I dreamed I saw a man in a black cloak who said that we were too young, and he was too tired of this. He kissed us both, then said to sleep until we were found. It has to have been a dream, because we were still under the rubble. We slept for a very long time before Aiman and Javid found us. I don't know how long it was, but they were very surprised. When we got old enough to be named, my brother chose Mystislav, meaning revenge and glory. I chose Manyara, meaning "you have been humbled". I don't thing Aiman liked our choice much, though. But it was our choice. I think I'm supposed to add a picture, so here it is. Bye.

That picture was us after we got to Novaria. "Uncle" Aodhan was keeping an eye on us.

Sim 2: Mstislav (vengeance and glory) Khamil (perfect)

Ok, she's right. I tried to pretend I can't write, but I didn't get away with it. But they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go. 4000 words! So there!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4734/mystislav2.jpg http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...oomuchcolor.jpg

Myrhyss tells great stories.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1324/mystislav1.jpg

"Uncle" Javaid teaching me to fight. (And using magic against a sword is NOT fair!)

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4377/hunted.jpg

Myrhyss teaching me to stay alert.

AWW!!! Another 200 words?! What about a smaller picture? This isn't fair! Manyara didn't have to write this much! I dont want to do this, I want to practice hunting! "Uncle" Aodhan says I'm getting quite silent when I move now. I'm starting to get good with a bow even in darkness. And I can sense people around me even if I can't see them. "Aunt" Alina says we are too young to learn magic, though. I'm going to keep the shadow humans away from my home. And I'm going to kill the shadowking and all his stupid vampires when I grow up. I don't see why I need to be able to read a book or make a plate to do that. Or what painting pictures or singing will help with. Or this. Is it 200 words yet? Ok. I A AM AN AS AT BE shouldn't there be more 2 letter words? ATE ASK ARE AGE AIM ACE AID AIR AND BOX BOY BOW BOP BOG BET BEG CAN I'll finish my words later We need some more fish for Myrhyss and I want to see if I can catch them before "Aunt" Aiman or "Uncle" Javaid do! Never mind I'm finished!

(I know you didn't need to hear from the Manyara as well, but it wouldn't have been fair to give Mystislav the assignment without making her do it too. I hope his outfit does qualify as "shades of grey" since silver is just a shiny grey. )

Note to judges: the picture named "too much color" really has too much color. It was taken because it showed Aiman sitting in the background while Myrhyss hung out with the kids plus a random townie kid, but they are on my rainbow floor, and it's a straight look across it so it's kind of blinding. You don't have to look at it if you don't want to.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#184 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:44 PM
Yes, his outfit qualifies. :D
Site Helper
#185 Old 20th May 2009 at 3:11 PM
I think I remember seeing a statement that the bonus round is only for the bottom half of the ranking? But that isn't listed in the rules. Is it open to everybody now, or still just the bottom half of the list?

(It looks fun)
Inventor
Original Poster
#186 Old 20th May 2009 at 3:26 PM
sorry, but the bonus round for 30 points is only open to the bottom half. If you're in the upper half, just doing it will get you an extra 5 points.
Scholar
#187 Old 20th May 2009 at 9:08 PM
Not to be 'bi-otchy' or nothing, but isn't it kinda unfair to offer the "bottom half" more points for doing an "optional" round? In essense, this could cause persons who would normally have more points if equal points were to be offered, to have lesser points. Get what I'm saying? I just think it unfair is all - specially since it was originally stated "30 points". Not 30 for you, 5 for you.

Sorry if this upsets anybody, but, I am just thinking fairness...

retired moderator
#188 Old 20th May 2009 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
sorry, but the bonus round for 30 points is only open to the bottom half. If you're in the upper half, just doing it will get you an extra 5 points.

jewaukeela, could you please explain the reason that the bonus round is worth a different amount of points depending on the contestant?

Formerly known as boolPropped
Inventor
Original Poster
#189 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:55 PM
okay, the idea was that it would give the bottom half a chance to catch up, but i suppose you're all right. The bonus round will be worth 30 points, and will be open for 30 points to every contestant. Sorry for the confusion.
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:56 AM Last edited by aba23 : 23rd May 2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Change pictures entry round 2
Default Round 2-aba23
Round 2

I am Tim (Sim#1), I just recently moved here and I am pretty happy with this decision so far. I work as a game developer and it is a lot fun. When I am not working I like to be outdoors, i just love nature. But more then anything I do like spend time with my sons Chris and Norman. Here I am with Chris

Oh yes I am married to their mother and even after already 12 Years of marriage, we married when we were both 18, we still fall for each other. My life could not be any better.

This is Chris (Sim #2) he is a very active child, sometimes a bit to hyper. But he is a lov ely boy, he is our bank. He is a genius in saving money and he really knows how to handle money.

Well there is not much more to tell about us, we just try to live a good live. I try to be the best father I can, I hope I will successful.

Hi I am Cherry (Sim#3), I am 28 years old origianlly from california but now I am living here. That is because of my job, I am a account manager and I was recently relocated. That was needed after i broke up with my boyfriend of 5 Years. That was tough. But I am a happy person and so I think I can handle it now. I even had a date lately, that was how these pictures were made. It was a joke, he was a photograph and I was 'posing' for a picture.

But yeah I am not sure yet whether I want to see him again, maybe that is a bit too fast to already start something new? I don't know. I just want to be alone at the moment and figure out where I will head to with my life.
Inventor
Original Poster
#191 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:28 AM
Hehe. Her last pic is too funny! Gotta love your creativity, Aba. BTW, are you going to do round one? you can still get some points back for doing it, bump you back to the top of the list...
Site Helper
#192 Old 21st May 2009 at 12:56 PM
If the "other" sim in the bonus round could be one of the Prices, could I also use a different sim you have already seen? (Like Myrhyss? She had stronger chemistry with him, despite being the one I had originally intended for Aodhan. And Myrhyss likes playing with the kids. Although I'm pretty sure that toy he wanted to buy was actually intended for himself, since Pleasure sims want toys even when there are no kids in the house. But he's nice enough to share his toybox.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:24 PM
Quote:
Hehe. Her last pic is too funny! Gotta love your creativity, Aba. BTW, are you going to do round one? you can still get some points back for doing it, bump you back to the top of the list...

I did its post # 165 in this thread, but I did label it with Round 2 - catch up- that was wrong. It should be Round 1 - catch up. Sorry.
Field Researcher
#194 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:46 PM
I've finished my round 2 entry! I thought I was going to have to drop out because things got so crazy, but I was able to pull through .
Inventor
Original Poster
#195 Old 21st May 2009 at 9:34 PM
aba: i got your bonus round, it's up now.
sidneydoj: sure, the neighbors can be whoever you like, just follow those rules.
chibspan: glad you're finished, it looks great! :D

by the way, waroruri told me she has to drop out, both of her contestants, because of family issues at home. good luck waroruri, and i hope you pull through. you were a great contestant!
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 21st May 2009 at 9:53 PM
I did not do the bonus round yet. I catched up round 1 and made round 2, I have not done the bonus round yet
Inventor
Original Poster
#197 Old 21st May 2009 at 10:53 PM
es, thats what i meant, sorry.
Scholar
#198 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:28 PM
everyones round twos are looking fabulous. Keep up the good work.
Field Researcher
#199 Old 23rd May 2009 at 12:18 AM
Oh my god!

I was away for a while and completely forgot that I was meant to help judge this contest!

I am so sorry, I think I'm about the most flaky and forgetful person ever!

Jewaukeela - I'm very sorry and I hope that the scoring went okay, did you get a new judge or have to get scores from an emergency judge? Again I'm really sorry!
Field Researcher
#200 Old 23rd May 2009 at 12:46 AM Last edited by chibspan : 30th May 2009 at 9:36 AM.
Bonus Round

It's me again, Arthur. I wanted to show you around my neighborhood, and to let you meet a few of the locals. This is the guy who lives across the street, Raymond. He's retired so he has plenty of time to play pranks, he loves to goof off, always ready with the latest gossip or the funniest jokes. I've never seen him without that hat, I think he's quite partial to it. I always seem to run into him when I go to the Cuppa' Jo on Thursdays, it's my day off from work ritual.

I was walking home from the book store, it's a little over a block away, passing the local playground when I spotted Raymond with his granddaughter Cora (or Cory, as she likes to be called). I can tell she loves her granddad, I'm sure he spoils her enough to make himself her favorite thing ever. He was having so much fun spinning the neighbor kids around that I didn't interrupt him, but I did snap this quick picture.

Page 8 of 12