Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:53 AM
Default NayanRose - Round Two
I am Nolan Terbain, and really there’s not much to tell about myself. I tend to be quiet and reserved around people I don’t know very well, and I fear that leads others to see me as boring or distant.

However, nothing could be further than the truth. You see when I am with people with whom I am close, I really open up. I’m not saying I’m the life of the party, but I do know how to have fun.

Fortunately, despite my lack of social skills, I have managed to win the heart of the woman of my dreams. I have no idea how I ever managed to get her to notice me let alone agree to a date, but here we are now celebrating our one year anniversary as well as our recent engagement.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Aralyn R’Cor, and I’m just a typical small town girl. What’s perhaps not so typical about me is the fact that I recently moved to Kalriklome` which is like the third largest city on the whole planet. I have to say that even after three phases, I find this place to be a little intimidating. I mean there are more students in my school than there are people in my home town. I have managed to make a friend though, she lives in the same complex as me and we met when we bumped into each other in the corridors…literally. We’ve been friends ever since, and one of our favorite games is “corridor tag”. Of course, our parents don’t like it when we play in the corridors, but we figure what they don’t know won’t hurt us.

One thing I miss about living in a small town is being able to see the stars. I’ve always been fascinated by the night sky – which is why I’m going to be an astronomer when I grow up – but the city’s lights make it impossible to see the stars around here. I think Mama and Daddy knew that I was feeling a little down about that, so last night we went to a small town on the outskirts of Kalriklome` and set up my telescope on top of a hill. I had lots of fun, and I even thought I saw a UFO, but of course Mama said it was probably just a shuttle going to that new lunar colony they’re building, and that aliens don’t exist. I don’t care what she says, that was no shuttle and aliens do exist, and someday I’m going to find them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Evelyn Wallace, and I am a pathologist at Mother of Mercy Medical Center. I’ve been here since the days of my residency, and though my work may sound tedious, I find it exciting as well as rewarding. I’ve taken seemingly insignificant samples and come up with diagnoses that have saved lives.

Lately, I’ve been working with the chief pathologist on some difficult cases, and to show his gratitude, he gave me tickets to this year’s charity gala.

Though I had fun at the gala, it was a little more…high-toned than what I’m accustomed to. I’d like to say that I’m a down to Earth type of girl, but frankly I don’t think that fits me either. You see, I’m what I like to call a science fiction aficionado – more commonly known as a Trekkie. At this year’s convention, Brent Spinner was there signing autographs. I was so excited; I’m a big fan of his.

(Female Klingon sim by BCat at LL30 Sims
Brent Spinner sim by LL30 at LL30 Sims
All other sims by me)

My first 1st Place Miss~Mrs Universe 4 Augusta Stone

"Don't say thanks for nothing, knowing I did nothing for you is thanks enough."

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 23rd May 2009 at 12:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I think I have to pull out of the contest. I'm going to berlin tomorrow until Friday, and I forgot my sims2 game on my school, and I'm not going back to the school until june second, I'm so sorry, I was really enjoying this contest
Inventor
Original Poster
#203 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:42 PM
chibspan: great entry!
raindrops: i just didnt include your scores, since you only need 3 judge's scores per round. dont worry, your still a judge! :D
sawcarn: I'm sorry if you feel you have to drop out. remember you can always just do another round, just for fun... i loved your entries.
nayanrose: great entry, as always.
Field Researcher
#204 Old 23rd May 2009 at 7:37 PM
Oh right, thanks Jewaukeela!

By the way everyone's entries look great!
Site Helper
#205 Old 23rd May 2009 at 8:49 PM
I've entered a beauty contest?!

As you have probably noticed, my name change came through. I guess I should have had you change my name on the first page after all. I'm Ghost sdoj instead of sidneydoj.

My bonus round is almost ready; I just need to finish with my pictures. Image Shack seems to be converting .bmp to .png now, and the in-game camera saves as .bmp. I'm converting them to .jpg.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#206 Old 23rd May 2009 at 10:19 PM
great Ghost! I'm glad you got your name change. What do you mean, you've entered a beauty contest?
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 23rd May 2009 at 10:26 PM
I hope round 2 is not closed yet since I changed some pictures. Hope its still OK.
Site Helper
#208 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 23rd May 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Default Ghost: Bonus Round
Take a look at the category they put us in. It says Beauty! ROFL Although it doesn't matter as much now as it would have back at s2c, because we are all "ongoing" or "completed" anyway.

Bonus Round

sidneydoj (Ghost) Bonus Round

Myrhyss Prrr (I wasn't really expecting to use him in a round so his name is just something that a cat can pronounce easily. Although it was inspired by Marcus, which means "Of Mars", or "son of Mars")

Coline Drakonis: Coline is a feminine variant of Nicolas, which means "Victory for the people", but is better known as being the name of the saint who saved the daughters of a poor merchant from a life of prostitution and inspired the idea of Santa Claus. Drakonis is a variant of Draconis, meaning Dragon or serpent.

HI! I know I look funny, but I'm still practicing. Mom says it's easier to deal with people if they aren't running away in terror or trying to slay the terrifying dragon. You wouldn't hunt me, would you? Even like this I can still breathe a cloud of poison smoke. I tried fire once, but it hurts my throat like this. Besides, my paintings and tapestries might burn. I'm really too young to breathe fire properly yet anyway, but Mom can.

Do you like the painting I did on my wall? That's my mom at grandpa's house. This is some of my treasure.

And this is the rest of it. But mom says I shouldn't sleep on it, I should sleep on a human-style bed. I sometimes sleep on it anyway, but I know why she says not to. It gets into your dreams and changes you. Treasure is supposed to have value from being used. Otherwise you risk becoming the monsters that give dragons a bad name. Mom says that a dragon never outgrows the desire to gather treasure, but we need to remember that we are supposed to be protectors, not monsters. At least I've finally gotten my mattress to be hard and lumpy. (I put rocks in it.)

A new family has moved in nearby. They look like elves, and there is a girl my age. They are staying with Myrhyss, but I didn't think elves would appreciate felis-style decoration. Elves like bright and colorful, and the felis like to blend in. I wonder if we can be friends. Do elves play hunter? Or chess? I know they like painting, so we might be able to play the game where you each add a single element to a picture until everybody agrees it's finished. Or they might have an elven game I've never heard of that is fun. And if she doesn't have any treasure of her own, I can give her some of my silver to start her off. But only if we like each other. I hope they have some elven books! We could share books with each other. I'm going to go invite her over.

Reow Felis? No? Mrhh.

Better? It's an elven spell my beloved taught me to translate. I understand, but can't pronounce half of the sounds in your language. But you can't "pronounce" the tail positions in ours either, so don't think our language is any more limited than yours is. As long as the spell is active you can understand me.

You want to know about me? We have been here for a long time. We evolved from the same ancestors that produced the common cats and the Leori and Tigran. Oh, you were asking about me personally? I am myself. What is there to ask?

I came of age ten years ago, but my aptitude was for caring for children. Not that I want any of my own, mind you. It would be impossible, anyway. My beloved is an elf, so any children we have together would probably be monstrously ugly to both races. But I enjoy playing with them, and teaching them. (When I am not enjoying the company of my beloved, that is.) We have formed a garrison near the border to watch for "undesirable immigrants", but it's mostly Aodhan, Javaid, and Mystislav who patrol. Mystislav is really too young, but some kittens are born to hunt. I have been enjoying teaching him to play.

I like fish, but I don't like getting wet. I find it quite convenient that there are people who are willing to play with water and catch them for me. I used to just eat them raw, but now that I have learned how to cook them properly I enjoy cooking them too. I also enjoy tinkering with the devices they have. Elven artifacts are so very different from felis designs that I always learn something new.

As to the future, we are discussing whether or not we should be bound to each other. My lifespan is much shorter than hers, so it would require a soul bond. That would either give her my lifespan and rob her of centuries of life, or give me her lifespan and make me watch unchanged as the others of my kind grow old and die. Without a soul bond I will die, and she will live in mourning for the rest of her life. As long as we simply love with no commitment, she will be free to love again. But I fear that our hearts are already making the commitment that we have been trying to avoid.

(Coline really did bring Manyara home from school. :lovestruc )

For people worried about time: this edit is being made at 6:12 PM Eastern Time on the 23rd. Take your time check from that.

Never Mind. It doesn't show "last edited at" times anymore. Ok, the post time is showing as 6:01 PM eastern time on the 23rd. You can go from that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Inventor
Original Poster
#209 Old 24th May 2009 at 12:06 AM
OK guys! Just reminding you, there is still app. 10 hours to get your rounds in, no worries. Ghost, I'm getting your entry added now. :D
Test Subject
#210 Old 24th May 2009 at 1:11 AM
okay, i thought i posted this last night, but i didnt see it. so im dealing with a lot of crazy things right now. from real life issues to my game not working at the moment. i really dont know why, but im guessing that i will not be able to finish this contest. so sorry guys, but i will be dropping out. i say goodluck to the contestants, for having these gorgeous sims, and the judges for having to judge these gorgeous sims. this was a great contest!
Inventor
Original Poster
#211 Old 24th May 2009 at 1:18 PM Last edited by jewaukeela : 24th May 2009 at 2:03 PM.
miinklespriinkle: Im sorry if you feel you have to drop out. Remember, you can always continue the contest just for the fun of it! But if you really don't want to do any more, thanks for participating, and I hope to see you in contests in the future!

Judges: Please start judging. I'd like all scores in by 6:00 PM tonight, so that gives you nine hours. Please accept and judge any round two's posted in the next 4 hours. Also, please judge the lates but not the bonuses (yet!). Thanks!
Test Subject
#212 Old 24th May 2009 at 6:10 PM
I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to be able to participate anymore. RL stuff, ya know?
Inventor
Original Poster
#213 Old 24th May 2009 at 6:35 PM
ok, im sorry to hear that, HyghTyme. I hope you get all your RL stuff sorted out, I enjoyed your entries
Site Helper
#214 Old 24th May 2009 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 24th May 2009 at 9:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
MTS2 will be down on one of these days (I don't know which yet) for a switch upgrade and a server migration. During the migration all MTS2 servers will be offline, including downloads, thumbs, and normal www. After the migration all MTS2 servers will have new IP addresses, and there will be additional downtime to bring a secondary database server online.

This message is purely informational and will self-destruct in 27 seconds.

Oops. Tuesday or Wednesday are the days he was referring to.

We keep getting RL interfering here too.

Jewaukeela, this is a fun contest.

Inventor
Original Poster
#215 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:04 PM
okay, i only have raindrop's scores. I am contacting EJs now.
Scholar
#216 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:26 PM
Hey... Not to be nitpicky, and it might not matter, but, I noticed that my round 2 wasn't linked to the front post like everyone elses is. My entry is at the top of page 8 (I think).

I only mention it because I don't want the judges to think I haven't submitted a round 2, when in fact, I have.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:27 PM
Could you already Post the next round? So we could start that already.
Inventor
Original Poster
#218 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:55 PM
Now that we know where Sim #3 lives and who they live around, it's time to strike a little closer to home.
Basically, this round is about Sim #3's child/ren. There are no restrictions about the children besides names. the kids can be adopted, or no longer alive, or be aliens. they may have been missing since they were two, or living with their mother, or have been taken away by social security. they may have been killed, or never have been born. they can be twins or triplets or quadruplets. they can be any age, but they must have names with these beginnings, in order:
Ja
Ro
Sh
Me
Dr
Re
Tr

The first child's name has to start with Ja, the next with Ro, the next Sh, the next Me, etc. For example, say you wanted them to have 3 children. The oldest might be Jane, the next Rowen, and the next Shira. You can have an Ja then an Sh, but only if there was a Ro between them at some point... see where I'm going? Any questions, just ask. As usual, minimum 4 sentences, no max. maximum 8 in-post pics, no limit on links. here are the three photos you need:
1. a picture of Sim #3 with all of their children
2. a picture of Sim #3 eating with their oldest child
3. Free shot

NOTE: You may begin, but please don't post your entries until the scores are in. Thanks! :D
Field Researcher
#219 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
Hey... Not to be nitpicky, and it might not matter, but, I noticed that my round 2 wasn't linked to the front post like everyone elses is. My entry is at the top of page 8 (I think).

I only mention it because I don't want the judges to think I haven't submitted a round 2, when in fact, I have.

I don't know if the other judges missed your round 2 because of this but I went through all the pages after round 2 was posted, so I've definitely judged your round 2. A couple of the other round 2's weren't linked either though. I think this might be because of the site merge.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Scholar
#220 Old 25th May 2009 at 7:22 PM Last edited by clw8 : 25th May 2009 at 8:01 PM.
Default BONUS Round - clw8
okay Raindrops - glad you didn't skip it.
I have a question about Round 3.
Ok, for the pictures it ways "a pic of sims 3 with all their children" and "a pic of sims 3 eating with oldest child"......
......Now, what if the kid(s) that sim had were aborted, or unborn, or adopted. I can do a flash back for the first one, and show the birth (if I have it be born, instead of aborted), but what about the other pictures?

-----
-----
Bonus Round
clw8
-----
-----
Hey, I'm Peter Newman, and I just moved to town. I am now living in a small cottage beside Alexis Richardson and her family. I am 36, not married, and I have one daughter; you will meet her later.

I like to do lots of things in life. Building, creating, and outdoorsy type activities are all my favorites, but my true passion in life is caring for my dear, dear daughter.

-----
I am Courtney Newman! I am 11 years old. I never knew my mom, so, it's always been just me and my dad. We have fun together, and I think that I'm going to like the new house we've moved into. There's this girl who lives next door, and she's just a couple years younger than I. I think that we will be good friends, or atleast I hope we will be.

I like to act and sing, and my favorite thing, besides my dad, is my karaoke machine I got for my birthday last year! I wanna be on 'Sim City Idol' when I turn 16, so I haaave to practice.....alot!

-----
Alexis went next door to great her new neighbors. They seem like pretty cool people, she thinks. The little girl, Courtney is a real piece of work though. "That girl has spunk," she told Peter. He just smiled and looked away, half embarrised.

-----
To welcome them to the neighborhood, Alexis, and her soon to be family, the Kingsley's, took the Newman's down to the park. This allowed the adults to have time to chat, whilst the kids warmed up to each other better. Everyone had fun in the end, and the Kingsley's (+Alixis) & the Newman's are pretty certain that they will become the best of neighbors and friends.

-----
-----
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Inventor
Original Poster
#221 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:19 PM
Great bonus round! :D
If you have the oldest child be aborted, a picture of the two of them together might be a picture of sim #3 sporting bump, or a picture just after the baby was conceived, or when sim #3 found out they were preggers. A picture of them eating together might be sim #3 eating healthy while pregnant so they baby isn't addicted to junk. If the child is taken away by the social worker, just have a pic of them eating together before that happens. I'm not quite sure why a child Sim #3 adopted would be an issue...
Scholar
#222 Old 26th May 2009 at 11:43 AM
sent my scores in
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 27th May 2009 at 9:50 AM
Can't wait to see the scores
Inventor
Original Poster
#224 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:50 AM
Yay, the scores are finally in!

JUDGE ONE
Sidneydoj
How does the name fit the person? 4/5
Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 18/20
Photos 8/10
Story creativity 8/10
Comments I love your creativity. It's very refreshing
Total: 53/60

Clw8
How does the name fit the person? 4.5/5
Followed the rules 15/15
Photos 9/10
Story creativity 8/10
Comments I liked that your names were realistic, not overly out there
Total: 54.5/60

Happyasabunny
How does the name fit the person? 3/5
Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 16/20
Photos 7/10
Story creativity 7/10
Comments Overall you did very well
Total 48/60

aba23
Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 16/20
Photos 6/10
Story creativity 7/10
Comments Good, but I think the pictures should have related a bit better with the story
Total 47/60

Chibspan
How does the name fit the person? 4.5/5
Followed the rules 15/15
Photos 9/10
Story creativity 8/10
Comments I have to say that your round two is my favourite of the round, I especially like how you explain the name meanings
Total 54.5/60

Nayanrose
Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 17/20
Photos 8/10
Story creativity 8/10
CommentsYour pictures are very well thought out, the backgrounds etc
Total 52/60

JUDGE TWO
Ghostdoj Round 2

Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 20 /20
Photos 8/10
Story creativity 9/10
How does the name fit the person? (personal taste of the judge) Sim 1 - 5 /5
Sim 2 - 3 /5
Sim 3 - 4 /5

Comments - That was a great round! I was very impressed by your creative ability, especially when it came to your sims. Your story was also very interesting. Keep up the good work!

NayanRose Round 2

Followed the rules 15/ 15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 18 /20
Photos 10 /10
Story creativity 8 /10
How does the name fit the person? (personal taste of the judge) Sim 1 - 5 /5
Sim 2 - 4 /5
Sim 3 - 4 /5

Comments - Well done! Your photo creativity and choice of names were really strong in this round and I particularly liked the photo at the Star Trek Convention, that was a nice touch!

Clw8 Round 2

Followed the rules 14/ 15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 16 /20
Photos 9 /10
Story creativity 7 /10
How does the name fit the person? (personal taste of the judge) Sim 1 - 4 /5
Sim 2 - 5 /5
Sim 3 - 4 /5

Comments - That was a really good round! For the most part you followed the rules exactly but just remember that if you went for the option of your first sim having a name that started with 'Ma' then they had to be married rather than engaged. I really liked the contrast in personalities and appearances between Martin and Alexis!

Aba23 Round 2

Followed the rules 11/ 15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 16 /20
Photos 9 /10
Story creativity 6 /10
Sim 2 - 3 /5
Sim 3 - 4 /5

Comments - Well done so far! Your photo creativity was great! The last photo of Sim 3 really captured the personality of the character. The only thing is to make sure that you are following the rules exactly as there was a few minor mistakes.

Chibspan Round 2

Sim creativity and uniqueness 19 /20
Photos 9 /10
Story creativity 8 /10
Sim 2 - 5 /5
Sim 3 - 5 /5

Comments - I really enjoyed judging your round 2! Your sims were all very unique and their names suited them really well. You also followed the rules exactly, so all I have to say is well done and keep it up!

happyasabunny Round 2

Sim creativity and uniqueness 17 /20
Photos 9 /10
Story creativity 6 /10
Sim 2 - 4 /5
Sim 3 - 4 /5

Comments - Well done! Your sims all had strong senses of personality which was displayed well in your photo creativity and name choice! Maybe the story could have been a little longer but other than that, great round!

JUDGE THREE
Sidneydoj

Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 20/20
Photos 8.5/10
Story creativity 10/10
Total: 56.5/60

Clw8
Followed the rules 15/15
Photos 8.5/10
Story creativity 8/10
Total: 52.5/60

Happyasabunny

Followed the rules 15/15
Photos 7/10
Story creativity 7.5/10
Total 50.5/60

aba23
How does the name fit the person? 3.5/5

Followed the rules 15/15
Photos 7.5/10
Story creativity 7.5/10
Total 50.5/60

Chibspan
Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 17.5/20
Photos 9/10
Story creativity 9/10

Total 54.5/60

Nayanrose
Followed the rules 15/15
Sim creativity and uniqueness 17.5/20
Photos 9.5/10
Story creativity 8/10
Total 54/60

If someone wants to do totals for me, it would be much appreciated!:D
Inventor
Original Poster
#225 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:52 AM
Everyone is welcome to post their Round Three's now!

Page 9 of 12