Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:02 AM Last edited by TRIriana : 29th Jun 2009 at 1:55 AM.
Default Aliens Inc: [Round IV Scores - and the Winner is Announced!]
Contest: Other

As an addition to the Mission Brief - your Aliens are going to be landing on Earth. Simple, right? The contest is not set in any specific time period - so your Alien could land on Earth during Victorian times, the Mesopotamian Bronze Age, the Future or present day...it's entirely up to you.

Male and female Aliens are allowed - teenager to elder.
One Alien per person is allowed.
Photoshopping and pose hacks are allowed, Simmerising and Simpose is not. Extra points however, will not be awarded for Photoshopping ability.
Follow the usual forum photograph rules.
Alien must be of your own creation.
The Alien may be your run-of-the-mill Maxis alien, the blue CC skintoned alien, Enayla skintones - you get my drift. Just as long as they can be considered alien. Vampires/Elves and the like would not be allowed.
Judges, please be prompt with your scores each round. If you can’t get in your scores for whatever reason, please let me know at least a day in advance so emergency judges can be contacted.

Quote:
Atmosphere
Picture Creativity
Storytelling
Overall Inventiveness
Rule Adherence

Alien Name
Alien Age
Alien Planet
Background
Brief comment on your aliens thoughts about the mission

Photograph Requirements

1 Headshot
1 Bodyshot
1 "world" picture
1 "reaction" shot to your Alien hearing the news that they are their planets last hope for exploration.

1. Ktbbca as Alt Spec: Application|Round I|Round II|Round III|Round IV
2. Meeka as D36: Application|Round I|Round II|Round III
3. Sims2controlfrk as Skwint: Application|Round I|Round II|Round III|Round IV

Dropped Out
4. Happyasabunny as Adamma Caldwell: Application
2. Moonstream27 as First: Application|Round I
5. JJ1010 as Aya Andromeda: Application|Round I
3. Aya Alexa as Mahin-ru Elk: Application|Round I
2. Whatwedobest as Moraja: Application|Round I|Round II
3. Clw8 as Bailyn Gem: Application|Round I|Round II
4. Whatwedobest as Moraja: Application|Round I|Round II

1. TRIriana
2. Vampire_of_Death
3. MissTech

Applications: The Mission
Scores
25th May to 1st June 2009
Note: May be extended to the 3rd, depending on applicant amount.

Step One: Preparation and Arrival
Posted
Scores
1st to 5th June
Extended to the 6th June

Step Two: First Contact
Posted
Scores
8th to 12th June

Step Three: Ultimatum
Posted
Scores
14th to 18th June

Step Four: To Battle or to Flee!
Posted
Scores
The Winner is Announced!
20th to 24th June
Extended to the 25th June
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:02 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 5.25.09
Ends 6.25.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:31 AM
Alright then! Any questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer them ASAP.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:36 PM
What do you mean by "world" picture
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyasabunny
What do you mean by "world" picture

One shot of the Alien's world - so it could be a picture of their planet from a space view, or of an alien-esque city for example.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:39 PM
Question: Does Step#1 mean round number one? Or is there only one round and the four pictures are the four steps?
Like for the first round we have to do 4 pictures of them "Preparing and Arriving" Earth or on their planet for the world shot?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2009 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whatwedobest
Question: Does Step#1 mean round number one? Or is there only one round and the four pictures are the four steps?
Like for the first round we have to do 4 pictures of them "Preparing and Arriving" Earth or on their planet for the world shot?

Just for clarification:

Step One = Round One
Step Two = Round Two

And so on and so forth. In all there are four rounds ("Steps") and the Application Round.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:51 AM
Come on everyone, it's going to be fun! Promise.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th May 2009 at 5:54 PM
I'll submit an application!

but it probably won't be until tommorow because I have a lot of boring work to do today

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th May 2009 at 6:18 PM
I really want to join! But I'm having a hard time with the "world" picture. I am unable to find neighborhood objects that I think would work well with what I am picturing. So, if I can't do that would a picture of the planet have to be something entirely of my own creation? I am terrible at drawing and anything artistic so I may run into a problem there.
Sim Princess in Pink
#11 Old 28th May 2009 at 6:21 PM
May I be a judge?

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:03 PM
Lou, I will add you as a judge. Welcome aboard!

Ktbcca, you don't have to create a planet that's entirely your own. The world picture is mostly to give an idea, and a more visual view of what type of place these aliens are coming from.

Raindrops, I look forward to your application!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:30 PM
Can I be a judge!
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:41 PM
Yes you may.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th May 2009 at 11:18 PM
TRIriana, is a collage allowed for one of the photos?

Sorry for throwing so many questions at you, I'm almost done with my app though!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:54 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 29th May 2009 at 6:39 AM.
Default ktbcca - Alt Spec - Application
Name: Alt Spec
Alien Planet: Arc-767

Arc-767, or just Arc to those who live there, is quite similar to Earth. Like Earth, its atmosphere is mostly made up of nitrogen and oxygen and it has large masses of water covering a great deal of the planet. Arc has two moons, Sim and Tre.

Headshot

Background:

So this is the part where you get to hear about me, huh? Well I’ll do my best to keep it simple. Now…where to begin?

Well, let me just say this, growing up I had a huge problem with authority. I couldn’t tell you why, but I did. I thought school was a joke. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a pretty smart woman, but it was just the structure I hated. I did everything I could to make it horrible for everyone else because it was so horrible for me. I was a bully, I talked back to my teachers, I never did my work, I constantly skipped class…eventually I just up and quit. I was spending all my time in suspension anyway; I didn’t see a point in going anymore.

After dropping out, I leeched off my parents for a few years until they’d had enough and kicked me out. Yup, just straight out on my ass with absolutely nothing. I was a legal adult by then, so there was nothing I could do but try to survive. I wandered for a few months from town to town, living off of the generosity of others. I’d never shown anyone any generosity myself and really didn’t deserve it, but I didn’t consider that at the time, I was just hungry and cold. Finally, I ended up in a city called Dred.

Dred was a magical place for me. It’s one of the largest cities on the continent of Grip and I felt myself not only getting lost in the never-ending streets but also in the excitement and the movement of this huge place. I had no idea where I was going to sleep, how I was going to eat, how I was going to stay alive, but I didn’t care. I was finally home.

I slept on the streets for weeks and begged for coins to buy food, until one lucky day it all turned around. A remarkably handsome guy strolled by me as I was chilling on a bench in the park. I cleared my throat as he approached; you know just to get his attention. And what do you know he glanced my way! I smiled coyly and he threw the most gorgeous smile I’d ever seen right back at me. I won’t go into the details but let me say from then on, we were inseparable.

His name was Gash and he worked in a shipping company’s warehouse, nothing glamorous but it paid the bills. Life could never be normal with me around though. I was looking for an easy way to make a lot of extra cash, and I came up with what I thought was a great idea. Underneath the warehouse where Gash worked, there was a massive basement. Completely empty, completely deserted at night, it was perfect. I proposed we start a little, hmm how should I put it…club. I had heard stories in the past about groups of people who just got together to wrestle and fight, it seemed like an awesome time if we could figure out how to make money with it. Gash proposed a cover charge plus we could sell…medication to our patrons once they got in the club. It was as good as done in our minds, and just like that, I was on the path to my new life.

The club was a massive success. Who knew so many people where just dying to get beat up? Oh, and high afterwards to get rid of the pain. We were rolling in the money and didn’t have a single worry in the world. One thing I will tell people now is this, don’t ever get too cocky. We got cocky and we got caught. Of course we got caught. How could we be so stupid? The cops raided the warehouse one night when it was filled to the brim. Just like that we were finished.

I was given an option, go to jail or join the military. Screw both of those, just kill me, I remember thinking. But I really did have to make a decision. In the end, I knew both would be horrible, but at least in the military I would be able to travel possibly, even earn a decent living. Gash unfortunately, chose jail. The idiot. I'll probably never see him again...

In order to be enlisted, I had to take a test to prove my intelligence. Remember, I hadn’t finished school. I breezed through that thing though and actually with my scores qualified for quite a good position. I was to be trained for covert forces. I know I know, what were those idiots thinking?! I am the most undisciplined being on the planet, it could never work. But work it did. Never underestimate the powers of brainwashing and a rigorous workout schedule.

My training was completed two years ago, and since then I have been working in a small base the middle of nowhere. I have yet to see any action but soon that will, without a doubt, change.

Bodyshot

Reaction Shot

Brief comment on your aliens thoughts about the mission:
I went through quite a range of emotions when I was told about the mission. At first, surprised. What are they thinking picking me? They must have some really messed up opinion of me if they think I can handle something as big as this mission. And then, fear. I've never left Arc before, I'm a tough chick but geez, going to another planet? I don't know their customs, their language, their capabilities. This is just too much for me. Next, deep thought. Okay maybe 'deep thought' isn't exactly an emotion, but it's what I was doing. I realized that this is finally my moment to shine, I can actually make myself proud. The final emotion, sheer happiness. I have nothing to worry about! People have been traveling through space for centuries! And it's not as if some little earthling could take me on. This is going to be amazing!

Credit to: http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/news/200...808_images.html for the planet image.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 29th May 2009 at 1:05 AM
Should the body shot be a posed, plain-background sort of thing? Or can it be more like a free shot?

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th May 2009 at 2:19 AM
Collages will be allowed for the application round, and the body shot can be anyway that you want it. As long as you can see the full body, then all will be good!

I adore your application! :D
Forum Resident
#19 Old 29th May 2009 at 2:33 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:21 AM
Default Moonstream's application
Name: First, aka "Sally"
Alien Planet: SITSFA

Long ago a moon was discovered above my planet. Generations looked up at it, wondering what it meant for our place in the universe. These long ago people looked up at the moon and yearned to go there, to see what secrets could be discovered on its lunar surface. It has been called many things over the ages, from a deity to floating space debris. But one thing it has remained over the years is a protector. The star in my solar system is so strong that direct exposure to its rays would mean certain death. The moon has allowed life to exist on my planet. Early people lived as nomads, moving with the moon so as to stay in its dark shadow. As my society became more and more technologically advanced, we turned to the subterranean crust. Now, there exists a technologically superior society underground with cities crisscrossing my planet. Yet still the moon looms overhead: my deity, my protector, my everything. My home.

At birth, I was selected from millions and taken to the moon with thirty other babies. We were taken away from the normal lives we could have led. From that moment on, my life belonged to THEM. I was bred for battle, conditioned for every eventuality. I was taught to live, eat, and breathe war. In complete isolation, I trained. The training bubble became my whole world.

All I ever knew was obstacle courses, martial arts, and intelligence. I learned every piece of information they gave me, I memorized my world's top secret intelligence database. I can tell you anything about any known planet: climate, diameter, favorite radio station, and who won Sims Next Top Model every cycle. I can attack and defend against any known martial art style. I am a super soldier, taught to reason, contribute, and dominate, but also to obey. Above all, to obey.

But why, you might ask? THEY made me a warrior. THEY have a plan, and I am part of it. But I had to wait 43 lunar cycles before I could learn what my part in it was.

As I have said, I trained alone, in complete isolation. I did not speak to another member of my species for 43 lunar cycles (approximately 18 "Earth" years). Then one day, all of that changed. THEY deemed that my training was complete. I was given a new wardrobe, my uniform. A uniform that is everywhere respected and feared, attributes that serve my brethren well as we 'travel'. And finally, after 43 lunar cycles, I was allowed to leave my training bubble. I stepped out into the largest room I had ever occupied, I nearly got vertigo from the sheer size of it. When I recovered from my surprise, I was able to take in the details of the room. At one end, I saw windows. At first, I thought they just looked out at the stars. But as I got closer, I saw that they overlooked so much more. For the first time ever, I saw my home planet.

I stood frozen for what must have been at least 43 more cycles until the room started flashing red and red lines appeared on the floor for me to follow. I followed those lines through serpentine hallways and into an even larger room. In the middle there was a computer. I sat down. This was it, I remember thinking, I was finally going to get my assignment. I put my face close to the screen, allowing it to scan the back of my empty eyes. Suddenly, the screen began flashing and there appeared one word, "EARTH".

I was devastated. After 43 lunar cycles of training, I was being sent to EARTH! I'm not sure what I expected. I suppose I was hoping for a leadership position in the military, maybe even Supreme General. Instead, I was being sent to a completely uncivilized society incapable of space travel. A society my people used as vessels for bearing their children. A society that mine viewed as little more than cattle. What were THEY thinking? How could this possibly fit into THEIR plan? I was confused and upset, but I obeyed. I must always obey. As I sat in the chair contemplating the meaninglessness of my life, a blue light descended in a circle around me, almost blinding me. I looked up into it and everything faded out. I was pulled up into one of our mobile 'traveling' saucers. And just like that, I was gone, a worthless soldier bound for a worthless planet.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:26 AM
WOW Moonstream27 really great writing! I wish I was even half the writer.

Edit- Now I'm thinking I may change Alt's entire story! I'll have to sleep on it.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:35 PM
Hello! I was wondering if you're allowed to add more pictures than required? Like maybe 1 or 2 more??
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:39 PM
Eeexcellent! Another application. I do hope we get enough people required to continue.

Whatwedobest, just the required photographs please.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:38 PM
thanks ktbcca! i love ur pictures, by the way!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:13 PM
Thanks moonstream27

I'm keeping my application as is. btw, will applications be judged?

Page 1 of 8