Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: ★ Meshes for Rugs & Mats ★

by Numenor Posted 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 3:33 PM by Numenor : Added link to "no-shadow" set.

233 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 226 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:50 PM
Thank you Numenor for your answer, of course with a link and with the name of the originalcreators and of course for free. Our site is currently down, but we want come back soon. We don´t want become a paysite, but we have to make a paypal, but we hope only for valuntary donations, we have no idea what we have to pay now for our server and all.
So if Simply Styling is back, maybe with some fine rugs , I´ll let you know.
Field Researcher
#102 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeEliott
Edit Two: If anyone else has this problem and wants to know which files to delete, they are called "funny2401_carpetsbath_teppichwc3.package" and "funny2401_carpetsbath_teppich3.package".

Jade

This helped me so much, I haven't been able to use my toilet/bath rugs for a while now. I found that by removing all of the funny2401 carpetsbath_teppich rugs, I again had the others. Thank for posting your results, they saved my bathrooms!
karrsareus
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by buntah
Nikki wrote to me privately asking this also and I replied to her privately...but I'm thinking maybe this is something others want to know, so I'll copy/paste what I told her here:

First, use Object Workshop to recolor Echo's 3x4
Then click on the Material Definition file and change the material blend from "none" to "blend", then click commit.
Then go into the txtr file and right click and export the picture, then right click again and export the alpha file
Edit the alpha file in your graphics program to be the shape you want...be sure to keep the shape inside Echo's actual rug...in the alpha file, white is what shows, black is totally transparent, and grey is semi-transparent, just like in clothes.
Then edit Echo's file anyway you want.
Back in SimPE, right click on the picture and Import your file, then right click again and Import the Alpha file. Update all sizes and commit.
done :-)

Oh yay, I was looking for how you get the alpha to work with the rug <3 I was just using a texture with transparency, I didn't know to set the blend thing in the material definition.
My only question... why does SimPE make my textures look like total CRAP? :\ Attached is a screenshot and a clipped out copy of my texture (in JPEG format)... in the screenshot the details look like hell and the edge is all messed up and pixellated. My texture is nice and smooth. It does this to ALL textures I import, what's the deal? -_-
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:50 AM
Great work! Thank you!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#105 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:51 AM
Saikatsu - are you using the Nvidia DDS tools? They generally make much nicer textures than the default "import" options.
Instructor
#106 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:10 PM
Okay, I'm a little confused. Is Windkeeper's updated version of Echo's toilet mat that fixes the shadow issue available for download here? I see a post in this thread where Windkeeper mentioned fixing it, but no download link and Numenor's original post doesn't reference it as far as I can tell.

I did see it posted on TSR, but it's in the pay section.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#107 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:12 PM
I'm actually not sure which version is up there... I have a feeling it's the non-fixed version. Numenor's the only one with update options on this thread though!
Field Researcher
#108 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:35 PM Last edited by windkeeper : 4th Mar 2005 at 2:46 PM.
*Edit* The updated toilet mat file is now included in my post below
Screenshots
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#109 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:38 PM
What convenient timing! Thanks windkeeper! :clap:
Instructor
#110 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:49 PM
Thanks so much for posting it here.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:17 PM
Thank you WindKeeper, I've updated the first post with the fixed toilet mat.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Alchemist
#112 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:08 PM
Yay...I can post here! I was getting desperate because it wouldn't let me post and I (oops) sent a letter for Echo and Windkeeper to the Contact Us person...I hope that doesn't get anyone mad.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for the great rugs! I have a small Sim Site and I'm planning on updating soon with a recolor of the Echo rug-Windkeeper modification 2X3 showing in the picture and a recolor of the 3x4 is in the download.

I also plan on sharing the two rug bases at my site since we are allowed to do that (THANK YOU!). If you would like to see my site it is at Jaue.com/avalon although the update including the rug is not up yet.

I have fully credited the creators and MTS2 on the page with the picture and also included a text document in the download crediting them again and providing a link to the rugs thread. Also on my links page I have a link to MTS2.

I hope this is ok and that someone could please let me know if it is not. I wouldn't want to repay the kindness of the creators by flubbing up while sharing the bases!

Thanks again for the work of making the rugs and the generosity of sharing them!

OM
Field Researcher
#113 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:00 AM Last edited by windkeeper : 18th Apr 2005 at 5:52 AM.
I'm posting some updates below for testing. These meshes were updated to remove the shadow on the rug texture. They WILL REPLACE the files you already have, so download them ONLY if you like them. If you want to restore the original rugs, just download the files from the first post again.

*UPDATE* The sides of the 2x1 rug were switched around, you could only notice that if your rug was multicolor. Fixed that and uploaded the file here again.

*UPDATE 18/04* Fixed Numenor's bedside mat. Looks like I've uploaded the old file originally.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  noshadow_echo-3x4-floorrug.zip (129.5 KB, 5996 downloads)
File Type: zip  noshadow_echo-toilet-mat.zip (38.3 KB, 4551 downloads)
File Type: zip  noshadow_EP2_echo_doormat_main.zip (25.2 KB, 4748 downloads)
File Type: zip  noshadow_wind_echorug2x3.zip (3.5 KB, 5327 downloads)
File Type: zip  noshadow_echo-2x1-floorrug.zip (18.4 KB, 4578 downloads)
File Type: zip  noshadow_EP2_Numenor_Echo2x1BedsideMat_main.zip (5.3 KB, 3587 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Saikatsu - are you using the Nvidia DDS tools? They generally make much nicer textures than the default "import" options.

I wasn't aware that you could do that with the DDS. o.o; I'll try that, thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 7:53 AM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Mar 2005 at 10:23 AM.
WindKeeper, I agree with you that people should be able to choose whether they want the shadow or not (I for one prefer the shadow). So, I was thinking that we should restore the original toilet mat in the first post (so the complete set is shadowed), and keep as a separate download your no-shadow set.
I'm going to add to my post a link to yours, so we don't have to move all the attachments (people may get confused).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#116 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 8:50 AM
I agree with Numenor...I prefer the original one with the shadow :-)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 10:30 AM
OK, the original set *with shadow* (including the original toilet mat) can be downloaded from the first post.
The no-shadow set can be downloaded from WindKeeper's post.
I've updated the info about the shadows on the first post.

Field Researcher
#118 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:08 PM
Great! Thanks Numenor! This is even better! I'm going to modify my post to include the noshadow toilet mat as well.
#119 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Raven25 : 4th Mar 2005 at 6:04 PM.
I'm so glad Windkeeper changed this mesh to a 'no shadow' Some new sets I was making didn't match at all since they took the shadow out of the toilet mat. Now, they look great together and match perfectly.

Thanks so much to all of you talented people.

Here's pics of before and after the 'no shadow' mesh.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#120 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 12:03 AM Last edited by windkeeper : 5th Mar 2005 at 2:48 AM.
I made a new rug from Echo's 2x1 - oval shaped. Since it has no shadows, I added it with the rest of my modified files in my post above. Would appreciate some testing feedback
#121 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Raven25 : 5th Mar 2005 at 2:57 AM.
Ah, good work Windkeeper. It'll save me from modifying the alpha each time. I'm gong to test it now. I'll get back to you.

I posted a reply over at TSR but I'll include it here too. I made my rug the same size as yours in the .png file but it has a border around it. Why is that?

The one on the left is mine made from the 2 x 1 floor mat and modified. The beige one is from your oval mesh.
Screenshots
Instructor
#122 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:40 AM
oooh i love raven's recolors...are you going to be posting all the recolors you end up doing? I want them :D

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Field Researcher
#123 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:27 PM
My original rug has a border. You probably left the border when recoloring. Use this uv map as a template instead.
Screenshots
#124 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:14 PM
All fixed. The UV map made it much easier. Thanks Windkeeper.

anonymous,
I'm making a set of all pastel colors and I'll be posting them on TSR next week sometime. I'll have to redo all my oval mats since I had used Echo's 2 x 1 mat.

Here's the fixed rug. Windkeeper's is the beige one.

Raveena
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:41 AM
all the rugs are working perfectly in my game and i love them, thank you everyone !

weird thing tho'... the 2x3 rug has a light blue transparent icon in the decor section, instead of an example rug as an icon. all the rugs in that folder work in the game, it's just the icon that's wonky... anyone else have this problem...?
Page 5 of 10