Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: *As requested* Bathroom Accessories Set *update 4/25/05*

by thefuzmixman Posted 31st Mar 2005 at 8:48 AM - Updated 5th May 2005 at 2:42 PM by thefuzmixman

361 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 15
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 11:09 AM
i noticed on the list simple soap and recolors V3 is on the list twice... wondering which one the toilet paper roll is in since I dint see one specific to in on the list...
Instructor
Original Poster
#152 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 11:53 AM Last edited by thefuzmixman : 14th Apr 2005 at 12:21 PM.
thank you for pointing that out! i didn't even notice that i didn't upload the rollholder.. i must have uploaded the soapdish twice accidently.

it's fixed now. actually the whole attachments section has been reworked. should be much easier tosort through.
Scholar
#153 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:33 PM
Fuzmixman, you're amazing! How are you able to create this? Wow
Forum Resident
#154 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:21 PM
I love this set! Especially the bathroom clutter. It looks so real, and is a lot like how my bathroom is. I have tons of bottles and things cluttering up my bathroom counter. Any chance you could make a liquid soap pump that can be placed where the soap dish goes so all my houses don't have the same soap. Plus, I think liquid soap would show up better by the sink, anyway for pics.
Forum Resident
#155 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:24 PM
okay, you want a suggestion for additional bathroom itms?. how about a over-the-toilet shelf unit? one that matches your towel warmer would be nice, it couls have stacks of towels in it. Oh and a set of bathroom brushes for cleaning the toilet. (perhaps with a plunger?)
My mom had a little shelf with an "air fern" in it on the wall with a sign above it that said "We aim to please, You aim, too, Please".
I really like the bathroom clutter. the toilet paper is sharp.
#156 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:10 PM
I love all of these so much, the add so much more detail and realism to the houses. Thank you.
Test Subject
#157 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:20 PM
Oh my....fantastic new things since I checked this thread last! I love the accessories you are creating...they make the bathrooms so much more inviting and real...thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#158 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 8:14 PM
Love the clutter .... just like my bathroom. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 3:30 AM
These are good
Instructor
Original Poster
#160 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 5:45 AM
thank you for the suggestions Dewwy. Can i call you that?

keep em coming.
Field Researcher
#161 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 6:23 AM
Wow! You've done an excellent job!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#162 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:38 AM
They´re perfect in the game.
Forum Resident
#163 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thefuzmixman
thank you for the suggestions Dewwy. Can i call you that?

keep em coming.

Hehe...dewwy is fine *snicker* No one else seems to have read your first post :D. the over-the toilet rack comes from my own bathroom, and has a matching magzine rack. It seems that my husband and I do a lot of reading in the bathroom,
Test Subject
#164 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 5:48 PM
beautiful work! finally my bathrooms will look like real bathrooms
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:25 PM
Nice This,thank You Very Muse
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:34 PM
Oh ah, thank you thank you thank you for making everything stay up I don't know if hugging is allowed on MTS2, but here is one anyway *hug*

The new clutter look amazing, I can't wait to put it in my game. And not that I understand that polygon thingy very well, but the things seem to be perfect for those of us who want lots LOL.

Anyway my suggestion for more stuff is a blow drier. Don't you think our simmies could need that? And they might also need some aspirin
Instructor
Original Poster
#167 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:55 PM Last edited by thefuzmixman : 15th Apr 2005 at 8:05 PM.
lyran the poly thing is pretty simple. basically the more polys that are in an object, the harder you computer has to work to render each of them. When it goes over it's limit you get lags, screen jumps, all that stuff. I have had objects in my house that well exceed the limits of my machine and i did not like it.

btw :wave:
Instructor
Original Poster
#168 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Hehe...dewwy is fine *snicker* No one else seems to have read your first post :D. the over-the toilet rack comes from my own bathroom, and has a matching magzine rack. It seems that my husband and I do a lot of reading in the bathroom,

lol. alrighty then. if you can get a pic up of yours or a unit similar to what you want, i can "dew" it. :jig:

xD
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:09 PM
Great job! Kisses Mavi
Forum Resident
#170 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:10 PM
LOL....Like this? .

Although I think it would be a good idea to make it look more like it matches the towel warmer. Kind of more a modern look, really.
Instructor
Original Poster
#171 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:26 PM
yea i can do that.

Lyran- will do the blow dryer too.

im beginning to wonder if i will ever get out of this thread. LOL.
Test Subject
#172 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:35 PM
these are so great thanks
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:49 AM
Of course you won't ever get out of this thread. As long as you ask for suggestions, you will get them Looking forward to the blow dryer and thanks for explaining about polygons

Is there a fairly easy way to check the polygons for an object, or do you need to know how to create objects first? I have been using SimPE for editing sims and replacing Maxis defaults, but I have no knowledge on object making -- yet
Scholar
#174 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:37 AM
Hey. I think I heard someone for a Plunger and Toliet Bowl Brush. I found a Picture and others. Like a Toliet Seat Covers, Tissues...Here's the pic. Think you can make these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Plunger.jpg (23.6 KB, 105 downloads)
File Type: jpg  Toliet Seats.jpg (51.2 KB, 19 downloads)
File Type: jpg  Toliet Brush.jpg (18.6 KB, 103 downloads)
File Type: jpg  Tissues.jpg (32.7 KB, 99 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#175 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyran
Of course you won't ever get out of this thread. As long as you ask for suggestions, you will get them Looking forward to the blow dryer and thanks for explaining about polygons

Is there a fairly easy way to check the polygons for an object, or do you need to know how to create objects first? I have been using SimPE for editing sims and replacing Maxis defaults, but I have no knowledge on object making -- yet
well, you would have to own some sort of 3d program where you could import the obj file and have a look. Poly counters usually comes as plugins for various programs. Milkshape has a poly counter built in, and so does 3dsmax. You can sometimes tell when an object could have a high poly count just from looking at it. Anything with very smooth curves and no straight edges usually indicate a high percentage of polygon faces. If you look closely at any maxis object (there are some exceptions) most curves aren't even totally smoothed close up. An example right off the top of my head is the yellow and teal egg chair (Ep?). It's done with a beautiful texture though, and it has enough sides to look rounded from a medium distance, but zoom in and you will be able to tell it's fairly low poly. There is an art in concealing low poly models to appear attractive and Maxis did a great job with that imo.

xD
Page 7 of 15