Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NEW MESH: Long elf or faerie ears!!!

by faeriegurl Posted 12th May 2005 at 2:16 AM - Updated 12th May 2010 at 9:43 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:26 AM
First download yay!!! Thaks u rok!!
Scholar
#3 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:32 AM
Pretty good! Think you can make some Short ones that isn't so Long? *downloads*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:45 AM
Faeriegurl, you ROCK out LOUD........these are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:02 AM
hey that's so cool...but can u make a short one?
Instructor
#6 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:04 AM
Oh Lord, I need a moist towelette. Faeriegurl, I worship you. "Thank you" is so pale a phrase for what I want to say, so I shall have to think of a new word.... hmm.... I'll have to get back to you on that. Until then, I will gladly massage your feet and hands with Oil of Olay, then whisper Rusian pillow talk as I work the tension from your shoulders.
Instructor
#7 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Knightskykyte : 26th May 2005 at 4:50 AM.
I love all your meshwork, Faeriegurl!

I am so hanging out for your male version now that you've mentioned it... can't wait to see it on the guys!

Thanks & cheers for all the hard work
Instructor
#8 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:24 AM
Knightskykyte: there are sizing issues with the head and ears when trying to do earings and such that work for male Sims. I have had mixed results with earings and other doodads that relate to the head and ears
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beosboxboy
Knightskykyte: there are sizing issues with the head and ears when trying to do earings and such that work for male Sims. I have had mixed results with earings and other doodads that relate to the head and ears

Yes these will be resized to fit male sims... also beosboxboy - I know you want some of my earrings for males, may I ask which ones and do you want them on both ears or one ear?

~faeriegurl~
Sims 2 Creations - http://www.sims2creations.com

faerie's blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enchantedrealm/
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:40 AM
Awesome you did a great job on this! Does the hair also come with it?
#11 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegurl
Yay! Hi everyone! :wave:

I have been wanting these for soooo long and I finally figured out a way to make them! :D

These are made from a glasses mesh and there are 2 Maxis default skin colors included. The only small issue (which cannot be fixed) is that because these go over your sims ears, you can see a little bit of the regular ear underneath, but isn't noticable in the game. You could try making the ears smaller and see if that looks better - I haven't played around with them much!

Recolor if you want, but please give me credit for the mesh (it took a long time to make these) and include my readme file with it. Also link to my website - http://www.sims2creations.com

If you want to recolor, just extract the skintone you want to use, open the afface image and resize it to 256x256. Then save it over the ears bmp.

Hope you all love these... enjoy and make lots of cute elves and faeries with them! :jig: :smash:

P.S. - I will be making these for the other ages and for male sims soon! let me know if you have any problems with these.

Is the original ear not visible...Or am I just blind? :gonemad:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:43 AM
It blends in really well, but it is there a little bit... just making everyone aware.
Instructor
#13 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegurl
Yes these will be resized to fit male sims... also beosboxboy - I know you want some of my earrings for males, may I ask which ones and do you want them on both ears or one ear?

Well, me, I want both; but the general public may want only one side or the other. The ones I like most are the smallish gold hoops.

As an aside I just did some recolours of your muscle top for Young Adult males and Adult males. If you say to me: make a zip file I will, coz you know EVERYTHING... anyhoo - I PM'ed you the link.

Thank you thank you thank you time a billion bazillion

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:51 AM
make a zip file lol.... i dun get how do i dunlode rar files, duh... :P

ok hun, I will make them just for you
Instructor
#15 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:06 AM Last edited by beosboxboy : 12th May 2005 at 5:08 AM. Reason: god i type like a chicken on LSD when i get excited
oh *quivver* I am so close being able to make my self-Sim I may just pass out. *bounces* :banana: I so incredibly love you in a totally non-psychopathic, non-stalker, innocent sort of way that involves long showers togethe... oh, um, and, well.... Goodness, look at that, a flying monkey!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:48 AM
Oh... OH! Faeriegurl!!! *just stares in awe* I'm struck dumb by how friggin' amazing these are! I wanted this -exact- thing but hadn't requested it, thinking, "Oh, nobody else would want those, surely I'm alone in my geekdom." I am so utterly delighted, flabbergasted, and bouncing in my chair excited I think I might pass out from joy! I saw the thread on the new downloads and just went "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!" all happily. Saying "I can't wait to try these!" is like saying, "Y'know, I like breathing!" This is my new favourite thing. Ever. Thank you, Faeriegurl! *applauds wildly*
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th May 2005 at 6:37 AM
Thanks Faerie, you don't know of the big work you saved me from, You trully rock!! I love them! Thank you very much!
Mesh Maestro
#18 Old 12th May 2005 at 7:38 AM
I just stubled across this thread and I just had to take a look... Unreal!!! That is really incredible... I looked through the screeners through out the thread and I was amazed... Very nice work you have been doing out here faeriegurl...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:00 AM
OMG I LOVE YOU
* grins @ Beos * you can always share the shower with 2 ladies.. I'll just be the loofa servant. *wink*
:jk:

Now I can make my Nightelf from WoW and.. soon <!?> my B/f nightelf too!! Yeah!!!!!!!!
Ive been wanting these since the I got the game in January. Thank you soooo much - to infinity!
have a duckie
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:22 AM
finaly! these look really good! thank you
Banned
#21 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:47 AM
very nice
thannk you
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:22 PM
Ok, this is brilliant. I tried to get it last night but, my job's internet connection was not working properly, so I'm up early now downloading. You are awesomely talented, I can't wait to try these out!!!!! :dsausage:
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:28 PM
oooooo these are awesome!!!! These would be perfect for my night elf skin!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:32 PM
These are awesome. There is one problem though, since there made from glasses there not going to stay on all the time. Other than that, great job
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:41 PM
HA! what everyone else said!! I surely can't add anymore!!! You so rock!!!
Page 1 of 5