Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Castle Lag-A-Lot

by Loverat Posted 14th Jun 2005 at 1:50 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2006 at 2:01 AM by Loverat : *testing lot after install of NL etc*

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:33 PM
It's so stupid
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:41 PM
*sarcasm on* Well, that's a productive & well-thought-out comment, thamaster. *sarcasm off*

This looks cool, Loverat. Think I'll download it later and see if my system can handle it! :D
#4 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:41 PM
i think it looks quite nice

shame the troll above doesnt agree
Banned
#5 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:55 PM
I love the nighttime picture.

Is there a lot of custom stuff? I'd like to download it as a neighborhood decoration thing, but not get too much extra. I've already got the clear floors, windows, and doors.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 4:03 PM
I think it's beautiful. Love the name! Lag, lag, lag... hehe... I need to upgrade... lol
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 4:43 PM
This house is awsome. I cant believe that thamaster thought it was stupid. How did he come up with that? You are awsome at building houses. All of them are unbelievable. I have all of them.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 5:19 PM Last edited by tatsel9 : 14th Jun 2005 at 5:28 PM.
Thank you it looks great in the game!! :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 6:03 PM
OHH,this looks ÁMAZING!
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 7:20 PM
[COLOR=Pink]Clearly your an Earth sign....probably a Virgo! Your so detailed![/COLOR]
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 8:30 PM
:howdy:
Hi,
That looks really nice, Thanks for sharing it.
It is a shame that some people don’t appreciate the hard work of others,
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 9:42 PM
That looks awesome! Where do your other lots reside? I'd love to see them. Oh, and do you have any tutorials on how to create amazing lots? And I'd like to add that if you can't say anything nice (or helpful criticism)- why post at all? Just ignore those people, Loverat, you did great!
Scholar
#13 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 9:48 PM
It will be at a very good place in my best neighborhood.Thank you Loverat for this beautiful creation.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 10:16 PM Last edited by jellybean177 : 28th May 2006 at 12:03 AM. Reason: I grew up...
Great work!

DO NOT READ THIS!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 10:37 PM
I downloaded your beautiful castle and I can't wait to play it. I couldn't pass it up after I saw the pictures.
Even though it's big, it looks very playable. Thanks for
sharing it.
Scholar
#16 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 2:20 AM
Well,I am frustrated since your lot could not be loaded in my game.(Furnished or unfurnished version).During the loading process I get a fatal error etc...I hope I did nothing wrong,of course I am not sure.
To install your Castle I created a special "Downloads" folder and removed my current downloads to the desktop.Only the objects of the castle were in my downloads.Maybe there is a problem with a file ....I never had these fatal errors before the EP was installed.Then I experienced such crashes.I know that sometimes it was because of terrain paints.
Have you any idea of what could cause this error? Or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
I could -at least- enjoy the pics and I hope that -at last-I'll enjoy your Castle-Lag-A-Lot!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 8:26 AM Last edited by Loverat : 15th Jun 2005 at 8:37 AM.
TheMaster - well its certainly not of things Sim - please see my pic dedicated to you =)

Pokeypope: If you download the Unfurnished version you should be jake. You could delete all the light meshes and recolours as they are mostly inside related.

JudiCancer: heh! you hit the nail on the head I am a Virgo and attention to detail is fully ingrained in psyche!

Appoline: if you click on my name it will take you to my profile page and there is a link on there for all my downloads posted =)

Mehrlicht: =( With each of my lots I have had at least one or two people that have been unable to load them no matter what we have tried. Like you I believe it is somehow related to terrains - I find them buggy and nasty and a couple I have consistently crash my game if I try and use them. I wish I had a magic fix it for you. It seems for some reason your pc just doesn't like some of the objects perhaps. =( I would be interested to see if you can get the Unfurnished version to load.

Whats quite difficult at the moment is not having a utility to scan new objects for poly size etc and most sites aren't as diligent as ours with asking people to list the object stats. Its likely some of the objects are just WAY off the high end of the scale.

I thank you all for your kind words and appreciation - this was a lot i had to build just coz, the reason I was over it was because just as I was about to upload it initially Numenor released full glass windows and doors that didn't require invisible walls! I had to redo them all heheh.

Please remind me - something smallllllllllller next time. Like 1 room!
Screenshots

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Space Pony
#18 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 11:05 AM
Wow, looks awesome. What a neat idea!

PS... Had a look at your download folder link thingey... man, hehe, you're quite anal at keeping your files ordered, lol! Not that that's a bad thing, but I just tend to make folders per site/person and chuck stuff in and when it gets biggish, I make another, lol.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 2:26 PM
This is absolutely stunning...thank you so much for sharing
Scholar
#20 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 4:34 PM
[ Loverat (The Most Hated Admin In The World )]...

Aaaargh! It should be true... You know why? Its just because of your damned Castle !!!Today as I just had finished to read your reply,I decided to upgrade my computer.It means: A new graphic card (nvidia 6600GT) and 512 more ram,i.e a lot of money.I'll get it installed in a few days....Of course I was kidding about the most hated...etc.I was hesitating for several months about upgrading or not ,but one is true:Suddenly I made my decision and it was caused by your "Castle-Lag-A-Lot".
By the way you were asking about any difference between the furnished and the unfurnished version.Both are crashing during the loading process.
Maybe I'll be able to enjoy your castle in my game after upgrading.It will be cool,but if it still doesn't work I'll anyway enjoy your stuff.I already have it in a special folder.
Thanks again for your hard work !
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 4:52 PM
thanx for your work but i have to many downloads for my P.C. already. If yours doesn't work i will have to get rid of them all because i have no idea what the people named the packages and some are just numbers
Scholar
#22 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:22 AM
Finally....It worked!!! I got a stupid idea and it was the good one.Exactly like a magic fix.
Since I was not able to load your "Castle-Lag-A-Lot" I gave up.Well,I sent my current "Downloads" folder back to the game.And I added the "Special Downloads" for your lot as a subfolder in my Downloads.Removed the pink files etc....Later I launched the game and as I was on the neighborhood screen where your castle was installed I could not prevent myself to try a last time and enter your Castle.IT WORKED! And its the furnished version.Of course I don't understand why it didn't work with only your files and why it worked after adding my downloads(nearly 1GB).But I will not complain.

The castle is simply wonderful.I love it.Your design is so well balanced and the inside decoration is gorgeous.You really made a masterpiece.Thanks for this jewel.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 3:07 AM
Thanks for telling me I can view all downloads by going to your profile - I didn't know that. All your work is great - keep it coming!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 4:02 AM
Your castle is great.It is the best lot I have seen and looks beautiful in game.
#25 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 10:27 AM
The master: You're Turkish , right??? The people like you show our country as a place where rude people live!!!Please learn appreciate the work of others!!! And please don't use our flag....Couse' you don't deserve being Turkish!!!! :mean:
Page 1 of 2