Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gender Preference Adjuster (Updated 10-16-05)

by LizzLove Posted 7th Aug 2005 at 5:09 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2005 at 8:28 PM by LizzLove : Updated to version 0.2

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:15 AM
Its is so Cool! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:50 AM
Is there a gender preference code somewhere in the game itself? How does that work? Are certain Sims really more likely to be gay? I thought that was just something users could set up...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentthunder19
Is there a gender preference code somewhere in the game itself? How does that work? Are certain Sims really more likely to be gay? I thought that was just something users could set up...

Yes each sim has two gender preference values. One for Males and one for Females. Married sims come with a +10 preference for the gender of the person they are married to, and a -10 for the other gender. Unmarried sims start at 0/0. It changes rather slowly and the range is -1000 to +1000.

This preference is sadly not used much by the code Maxis released, but myself and many others are using these values. We can hope that Nightlife will also use these values a bit more.

With this little object you can at least set your sims preference so that when you deal with mods and Maxis code that uses the preference your sims will behave the way you want them to.

Lizz
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:18 AM
Great job Lizz I love this.

Henry
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:35 AM
LOL, I just spent ages in SimPE adjusting all my Romance Sims' preferences ready for the new bed! After discovering that woo-hooing, making-out, kissing, falling in love, getting crushes (I think that's it) don't alter orientation one iota, I had to do something about it. It seems that it's only autonomously-performed actions that alter the preferences, which is understandable in one sense but not really very practical. This will come in very handy.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:58 AM
Thankyou
omg thankyou i have wanted to know my sims gender preferance for ages and have been using the boolprop cheat to do it, which gets annoying having to use it all the time. Now i can do this. This is awsome thank you so much.

WhIsPeR tOlD mOsT oFtEn
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:40 AM
I hate to pop your bubble but Sims are bi-sexual (gee that is their sexual preference)
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:38 AM Last edited by lars111112003 : 7th Aug 2005 at 7:39 AM. Reason: spelling
LizzLove - Thank you for another helpfull mod, great shortcut for setting up preferances for our sims (and our) desires.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 11:02 AM
As far as I know, the only thing that preference actually affects is what gender sims the sim in question will spontaneously do the "attraction" action for. Their preference doesn't seem to have too much bearing on actual relationships in the default game.

JM Pescado's Romance Mod helps a lot in this regard, causing Sims to reject other Sims of the wrong gender who try to flirt with them.
Iridescence
#11 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 1:21 PM
LizzLove, you are fast becoming my hero. I am finding that the more I can tweak my Sims, the more I like the game.

*waits patiently for the Autonomous WooHoo Bed*

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 2:23 PM
this is so handy, all sime's are normaly ajust in the game as Bi... but this will make the game a lot more fun to play... hopefully someone will find also a hack to choose the gender of the baby's who are maid in the game... LOL, now when the sim is pregnant it's always a surprice to get a boy, or a girl...
Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 2:40 PM
*hugs* Thank you!!! I hated having to close my game to change their preference!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 2:55 PM
Thanks, this'll be great with nightlife, with that little interaction thingie where compatible people sparkle so I don't have to hit on a random person before it works the way I need it to =3
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:45 PM
Im sure my game will become more interesting with this object now.... Thanks SO mcuh
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:54 PM
Have tried this out and no problems with it, just a trio of questions. First, could it be altered so it doesn't have to go in the Sims' queues? (would much prefer that with the bed too, but I know you've said you can't do that because of the Maxis code). Secondly, is there any way it can be controlled by one Sim to adjust the preferences of everyone on the lot, rather than having to take control of visiting Sims in order to check and change their preferences? Thirdly, when you choose the option to make them prefer a particular sex more, exactly how much does it alter their orientation?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:55 AM
Ancient Sim you ask the most interesting questions! I like it. Wish I could have you at my project progress meetings at work!

Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
Have tried this out and no problems with it, just a trio of questions. First, could it be altered so it doesn't have to go in the Sims' queues? (would much prefer that with the bed too, but I know you've said you can't do that because of the Maxis code). Secondly, is there any way it can be controlled by one Sim to adjust the preferences of everyone on the lot, rather than having to take control of visiting Sims in order to check and change their preferences? Thirdly, when you choose the option to make them prefer a particular sex more, exactly how much does it alter their orientation?

1. I will take another look at this, the problem is much the same, as it tends to drop the que. In the bed this made the sims "jump" out of bed. I will see if there is a way around this, if there is a good one I will use it in the bed too.

2. Hmm. This can be done, I have seen the Maxis code to do such things. Very dangerous, but interesting. I will see what I can do.

3. I use the same increment as Maxis does (and I do on the bed) +2 to the requested gender, and -1 on the opposite gender. If you select the "Make me like Men and Women more" it adds +2 to both.

Lizz
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:20 AM
You're the best! I love all of your stuff!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
Ancient Sim you ask the most interesting questions! I like it. Wish I could have you at my project progress meetings at work! Lizz
ROFL, I'm glad you see it that way. I thought you might be thinking "Oh no, not her again". I think maybe I've been adding too much when I've been doing it manually. I've given them 2 for a crush, 4 for a make-out, 6 for a falling in love and 8 for a woo-hoo (with half decrement to the other sex). I was only really doing it to try to get them to flirt autonomously, but they just continue to prefer to play kicky-bag ... SIGH.

Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 5:09 AM
What triggers "the attraction" action
Quote: Originally posted by chintznibbles
As far as I know, the only thing that preference actually affects is what gender sims the sim in question will spontaneously do the "attraction" action for.

What triggers the "attraction" action? Is it the some characteristic of the sim that is attractive or the one that is attracted? And if so, what characteristic is it, and how is it developed? I always had the theory that gussying up increases a sim's attactiveness, but it was only ever a theory.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 5:10 AM
thank you sooo much, cause i've accidentily set the wrong people as spouses before!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UberSims
What triggers the "attraction" action? Is it the some characteristic of the sim that is attractive or the one that is attracted? And if so, what characteristic is it, and how is it developed? I always had the theory that gussying up increases a sim's attactiveness, but it was only ever a theory.

I have wonderd that myself, you made me go and look it up. Most of the attraction code calls something called."Attraction - (Get Attraction of X to Y in Temp 0)" I can see where it checks the both sims
Neatness, Hygiene, Outgoing, and Fitness scores.
Also their Fitness preference and their Gender preference
It also checks the other Sims outfit.

I cannot yet find the actual code that triggers the "Attraction" action (Icon), but the above gives us some idea of what is going on.

Lizz
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 7:07 AM
I thought the Attraction thing was purely to do with Romance Sims? They never get it for any other kind, at least not in my game. It's a good way of telling what sex they lean towards, but doesn't seem to serve any other purpose. Perhaps in Nightlife it will.

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
It also checks the other Sims outfit.
Lizz

Could you tell us how? (Sorry if this is common knowledge.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 2:15 AM
Could a hack be made so when you choose sim A then click on sim B it would have a option to see this attration score Sim A has for sim B? Kind of like twojeffs "will I woohoo" only it would be "is he hot or not".
Page 1 of 3