Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 1:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [MAC USER] where do you put downloaded content?
OK, I know I sound like a newb, but really I'm not, I just know next to NOTHING about macs. I'm asking for a friend who just purchased the game for the mac.
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 1:59 AM
It should be in the same or similar directory structure as what you see on a PC. I don't know anything about Macs, either (except I want one because they're so cute). The best thing you can do is to compare your directory structure (since you play on a PC) and try to find the similarities on the Mac.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 2:05 AM
There must be a document in the apple computer that resembles My Documents on a Windows computer. Keep looking.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 2:15 AM Last edited by nixie : 25th Aug 2005 at 2:19 AM.
Default mac
If your friend is using OS X there should be a document folder on his/her hard disk, the eagame folder is inside the document folder. i think he/she should be using OS X because thesims2 only runs on OS X lol. okay. so ask him/her to look for document folder on hard disk and eagame folder should be there.

it is not hard to find, switch on computer, double click on the hard disk icon on the top right hand corner, a window opened and look for document folder on the left hand panel. and click on that, it should open that up, and eagame folder should be there.

The question i wanna ask is, are custom content made on windows compatible with mac?
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 10:55 PM
Custom content made on windows IS compatable for mac. 99% of the downloads were created on windows computers, and most of those are compatable with mac. So far I haven't really found anything that conflicts save for a few bugs, though I haven't been able to narrow down exactly what caused them.

So yes, for the most part, custom content made on windows will be compatable with mac.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 2:30 AM
Macentosh HD > Users > Your User Name > Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads

That's off of a PowerBook G4, OS X 3.9
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 11:17 AM
it also depends where u saved the game if you saved the game to Macintosh HD > Applications it will be in MAcintosh HD > Document > EA Games > The sims 2 >downloads but if you put it on a users applications then it will be in that user documents
#8 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 2:30 AM
Thanks a bunch recens_aetas! You explained it perfectly! That is exactly what I was looking for!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 3:36 AM
I've add this bit of info to the Mac Support sticky. Thanks!
Locked thread | Locked by: daysies Reason: answered