Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:55 PM
Default Problem with new bed
Hi everyone,
I have make a bed with new mesh but sim sleep only on top and there is not animation.I have changed only frame and keep bedding from original file.Could anyone tell me how to make a proper bed?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 5:53 PM
Don't import the bedding at all. Export only your frame (with the checkbox). In the meshtool pick your frame obj, then the ORIGINAL gmdc (from before you modified it), and save that.

Any attempt to export and import the bedding (even if you don't change it) breaks the bedding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 10:07 AM
Thank you for the help! :gidea:
Now the bed works and available for download from www.vitasims.com
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 5:05 PM
I saw that. Looks great!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 1:45 PM
I have the same problem! Now I know how to fix it!
Thank you? Brianna!! You saved my bed!!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#6 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 8:39 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...84&page=1&pp=25
Alas All my attempts to fix the bedding failed
Please could some one explain me once more again how to make bedding unbreakable animated?
If I know it I will make more beds - I promise :D
Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...84&page=1&pp=25
Alas All my attempts to fix the bedding failed
Please could some one explain me once more again how to make bedding unbreakable animated?
If I know it I will make more beds - I promise :D

Do not touch the bedding at all, only export and import the frame. If you're making your object along the lines of the JWoods tutorial, the bedding should work and be automatically linked to all the Maxis and custom bedding in your game. (You can still recolor bedding, of course, but separately, with Object Workshop and from the Colonial Ironwood double bed).
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#8 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 10:52 AM
Do not touch the bedding at all, only export and import the frame.
==========
But If I will make a Replace GMDC - there wont be any bedding at all in my new bed?
Part-time Hermit
#9 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 11:06 AM
If you only export and import the frame part, the bedding should not go anywhere. The Maxis bedding will stay with the bed with the new frame. When you look at the mesh files listed in SimPE under Geometric Data Container, you will see a part called "frame" and then probably two or three parts called "bedding". Uncheck everything else but the frame before you export, and then just import the frame, replacing the original one, normally when you're done with the new mesh.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#10 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 11:07 AM Last edited by Ailias : 13th Sep 2005 at 11:10 AM.
Do not touch the bedding at all, only export and import the frame
==========
Please explain me more detaily
I have Maxis bed with 3 beddings, frame and opacity in upper GMDC.
I have my custom frame.
What should I do next?
As you could see I know how to make new objects but not the beds and such tricky things..

==========================
PS
Im Looking at your post now. thank you hope it finally help me
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#11 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 12:30 PM
and then just import the frame, replacing the original one, normally when you're done with the new mesh.
=========
OMG I think I got it!!! I totally missed the "magic" button "Import" next to" Export" one. It makes great things!
I always used the Replace action when importing a mesh.
Now I can use it instead of comlete replace of GMDC.
Thank you - now bed works great!!
Part-time Hermit
#12 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 8:18 PM
Ahhh, I haven't even noticed a "replace" option. I learned object making from the JWoods tutorial and that tells you to "import" .

I'm glad you got it to work .