Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No NPC Revert UPDATED 2006-05-08

by jaxad0127 Posted 14th Sep 2005 at 2:53 AM - Updated 22nd May 2006 at 8:07 PM by jaxad0127 : New package

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 4
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 5:35 AM
I'll test this with Night Life. It will certainly be great if it works. I know after Uni, sometimes NPCs would revert for no apparent reason. It was driving me nuts.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 7:57 AM
It’s hard to test with NL right now. SimPE can't read the new character files yet. It should work with the new NL NPCs, unless they don't use that BHAV, then it probably won't be necessary. I didn't see anything like this in NLs objects.package.
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 9:10 PM
No, I'm checking with the QA version since I'm testing that anyway. Good exercise for me.

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 2:55 AM
This patch has a little side effect: when I invite someone to a community lot with a pool table, they start playing pool and no action I may try to do will make them stop. The controlable sim just stands waiting, while the other goes on with his game, until whatever action falls from the queque.

I don't have nightlife. I'm sure this problem was related with this patch: it began when I placed it, and it was solved when I removed it.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 3:08 PM
Actually, the only possible conflict here (other than making the streaker clothed) is with my Casual NPC mod. This does not have any affect whatsoever on autonomy levels or social interaction availability.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 5:16 PM
Yes thats impossible. I only modded one BHAV, the one that forces NPCs to put on their uniforms. Thanks for info dizzy2, I'll add that to the first post.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 5:18 PM
One can only stand a Llama wandering around and visiting with friends in your regular town for so long... I pray this works with NIghtlife as well, as I am sick of the Llama!

Thank you!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:24 AM
It shouldn't have any problems. Unless Maxis overhauls the NPC systems some time in the future it should work forever.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 5:48 PM
Since I installed Nightlife the npcs can't get new casuals outfits anymore (I use Merola control mirror to control them), so I don't use your hack anymore, and this is too bad cause I think it's a good one.
I hope someone will soon find a way to let us change the npc's casual clothes again.

Perfect !...
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 3:52 AM Last edited by smcash : 4th Nov 2005 at 9:17 AM.
I have Nightlife, and I just downloaded this, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still have the same problem with my altered maid. I used SimPE Surgery to change her looks, giving her a custom skin, different features, and a different Maxis blonde hair. I decided I wanted her in the maid outfit but not the maid-hat hair. However, she still wears the maid-hat hair! I even used boolprop testingcheatsenabled to make her selectable, and use the mirror to change appearance. But she continued to wear the maid-hat hair. No matter which blonde hair I chose, she would wear the blonde maid's hair. If I chose a red hair, she would wear the red maid's hair, and so on. I hate that maid's hair! What can I do? Also, I haven't tried this yet, but I had planned to do SimPE Surgery on another maid in another house, to make her wear a totally different outfit instead of the maid's outfit. Now I'm not sure it will work.

EDIT: I tried it, and it didn't work. I did SimPE Surgery on a different maid in a different house. I changed everything, skin, eyes, hair, clothes, features, eyebrows. When she showed up, she had that maid-hat hair which I hate so much, and she was wearing the maid's outfit. Everything else seemed right, though.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 5:18 PM
It seems like NL changed some NPC coding. I'll have to do some looking.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 7:06 PM
So, did you find anything about that new NPC coding ?

Perfect !...
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 12:18 AM Last edited by jaxad0127 : 16th Mar 2006 at 7:53 PM.
Sorry for the wait. For those who are having problems with nl, please try this package. Don't forget to backup your files first. :D

EDIT: Package removed. See first post for download.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:21 AM
it's been working perfectly in my game, it's just invaluable. i hope it will be compatible with OFB, have you tried it out with the new ep yet ? i won't get a chance to install the game right away, but i'll let you know if its working with OFB or not...

if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:37 AM
It shouldn't have any problems with OfB. I don't have ofB yet, so I can't see if Maxis added anything new in regards to this, but this will not cause any problems, I guarantee it.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 11:35 AM
Now, that's strange...
The original noNPCrevert worked fine on my NL. I installed the NL version (after deleting the old one of course) and they revert to their normal clothes! Duh! Needless to say, I put the old one back in. Guess there's a ring of truth in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!". Oh, game's patched btw, v2 (v1 wasn't around when I finally got NL).

Edit: a suggestion if I may jaxad? Could you place the NL download on your first post so it can be easily found? Some people in here just don't bother reading through a thread you know (and this is the mildest phrasing I could use, believe me!). Should save you some sanity points too. Cheers!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 7:53 PM
Good point. I've merged the two into one package in the first post.

Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 6:12 AM Last edited by baronstefan : 25th Mar 2006 at 6:15 AM. Reason: forgot something
In OFB, using the all ep version of this mod, my servo bots froze and would not do anything. I removed all the hacks and installed them one at a time and this hack caused the problem. The bots were in their formal outfits at the time, maybe that had something to do with it? By the way, I do not have Dizzy2's casual mod installed.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 6:23 AM
I'll have a look at it. Thank you.

Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 12:46 AM
......... also, in OFB this mod is causing my maids to freeze on the lot and the school bus to come every hour in a continuous loop (and the kids don't get on it.) I'm still tinkering with it to see if it's conflicting with another mod.

Other than that, it works just great. ;-)
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 1:31 AM
The schoolbus thing is impossible. This only overrides two bhavs dealing with NPC clothing.

Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 6:21 AM
the schoolbus thing is definately related to this hack. it was happening to me and i took on this hack and it stopped. i didn't remove anything else.

the maid and the servo issue is also related, again i had both issues and removing this hack solved them both
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 3:23 PM
For the time being, I'm marking this as not Ofb ready.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quitabandita
the schoolbus thing is definately related to this hack. it was happening to me and i took on this hack and it stopped. i didn't remove anything else.

the maid and the servo issue is also related, again i had both issues and removing this hack solved them both

Did you try the other way around, i.e. removing everything BUT this hack? Only then can you be sure it's a hack conflict (this hack clashes with another) or incompatibility.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Page 1 of 4