Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"The SupaFridge" : mini-fridge that functions as full-sized fridge *UPDATED*

by Targa Posted 12th Oct 2005 at 6:59 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2005 at 3:38 PM by Targa : Updated fridge to serve large meals. Re-added NL compatibility

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 5:01 PM
You've just made every mother in my game oh so very happy! Will they feed infants with this too?
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 5:31 PM
Very good, but u can make "Frigobar", a fridge with BAR functions? To put in Motel rooms
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morganthe
You've just made every mother in my game oh so very happy! Will they feed infants with this too?

Umm, someone needs to test that also I suppose. I don't have any little ones in my game to test it on. I just did the child/bottle test.

Also, if there's a CEP expert out there that wants to volunteer to make this recolorable - drop me a PM.
Scholar
#29 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 11:03 PM Last edited by anelca : 22nd Oct 2005 at 11:16 AM. Reason: more info
Targa
the mini fridge came out with university. it wasn't in the original

i'm going to redownload now, test and get back and edit this post in about 10 minutes

edit:
works beautifully :D
meals snaks, desserts and the juggle bottles facility. animations are right except for the bottles. the sims sort of delve n the top of the fridge for them but once they have them they juggle away quite happily

tried to unearth a toddler from the neighbourhood i don't play much at the moment. most of my time is spent testing stuff and building. unfortunately i haven't any, just one pregnant woman
so someone with babies and toddlers would need to check this bit out for you

thanks for getting it to work so well

edit:
bottles for babies work. i will add toddler feeding opton result later

breakfast at midnight hack by dizzy2 works
refill fridge at midnight (permafridge) by inge jones doesn't work. you will need to order your groceries as normal

edit:
toddler feeding option works too

in summary.....all options work as they should. some fridge mods by other creators may not
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:16 AM
Bah no wonder why it took so long to find, it's not in the right category. This should have been posted under object hacks, since it is an object hack... atleast I found it :D

Great work!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Ravynlee : 13th Oct 2005 at 12:42 PM.
Just had baby last night in game and came here looking for this very object. I have all EPs (inc NL) and will gladly test it out now and report back tonight! Brilliant! TY!

EDIT: tried it in game, works great. When you choose the 'feed bottle to' interraction the bottle will 'appear' on the top of the fridge and into the sims hand as it would in the larger fridge. Works great, no hastles. Meals also work fine as far as I have tested, haven't tried all but so far so good. Just wanted to update for those of you wanting to utilise this object in a nursery, as I have done. Brilliant as always Targa!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 11:12 PM
Is this going to be compatable for NL? I hope so someday
Scholar
#33 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tabatha
Is this going to be compatable for NL? I hope so someday

it is compatable with NL according to my testing
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#34 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:53 AM
It shouldn't have any problems.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 5:21 PM
All functions worked beautifully until I tried to buy groceries on a community lot. I have nightlife.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efire
All functions worked beautifully until I tried to buy groceries on a community lot. I have nightlife.

I didn't make the object available downtown.... :?:
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#37 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 9:21 PM
Your sims can only buy grocerries from the neighborhood they live in, be it downtown, college town, or the base neighborhood.
Scholar
#38 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:49 AM
i found my sims couldn't buy groceries anywhere. this may be due to custom content though i didn't have any on the lot i built. they just couldn't use the grocery buying stands etc
anyway if you're having frther problems elfire, carrigon has a fix which enables the buy option to be enabled in the neighbourhood you live in, from www.variousimmers.net and this does work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 4:41 AM
OK, I'm un-checking the NL compatibility box unless/until someone tells me they can buy groceries. I just tested it with University and I can buy groceries just fine, so it's either something very strange happening with NL, or you have some other mod/hack interfering in some way. Thanks for the reports.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#40 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 7:05 AM
I just tried it with NL and didn't have any problems. Make sure your buying groceries in the neighborhood you live in, i.e. if you live downtown, you can only buy groceries in that downtown.
Scholar
#41 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
OK, I'm un-checking the NL compatibility box unless/until someone tells me they can buy groceries. I just tested it with University and I can buy groceries just fine, so it's either something very strange happening with NL, or you have some other mod/hack interfering in some way. Thanks for the reports.

i think its just a glitch some people have had and some haven't, Targa. It was something Maxis did that makes it unenabled in lots other than the one you live in, if there is custom content involved. it may be looked at in the future according to MaxoidTom. Carrigons thread re the fix explains it more

your fridge works perfectly and has nothing to do with the grocery buying thing. sorry, i didn't make myself clear there. I think its safe to keep the NL box checked
Field Researcher
#42 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:58 PM
Great idea Targa, would it be possible to make it tie into the recolors for all the mini fridges too? or even one of the other fridges?

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Braveheart
Great idea Targa, would it be possible to make it tie into the recolors for all the mini fridges too? or even one of the other fridges?

If you have mini fridge recolors, they apply to the original object's unique GUID and can't be made "global for all refrigerators" or even just to include this one. Recolors apply only to the specific object that was recolored. This is, however, recolorable, so if anyone wants to make recolors that's fine with me. You'll want to download one of my newer objects that contains the updated readme.txt file that explains my recoloring policy. Currently I think the three "Ascension" stairs are the only ones with the updated readme file.
Instructor
#44 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 5:11 PM
Hallelujah!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 12:44 AM
No words. This is JUST what I needed. Thanks a billion.

Intru informatique...
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:32 AM
Hey again. I thought you made it be able to serve bigger meals?!? I have Nightlife and the only things I can serve is Cereal, Lunch Meat Sandwiches and Chief Salads. Can you make it unlock all the rest of the foods?

Intru informatique...
Field Researcher
#47 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 6:54 PM Last edited by ronnie62 : 19th Dec 2005 at 3:44 PM.
I'v wanted this for a long time in my game so thank you sooo much, could someone put a doiley on the top in different colours, and recolour the fridge, this is an excellent size for nurserys. By the way a doiley is a piece of cloth usually in lace that goes on top of furniture. but any colours would be great and it doesn't have to be lace.
A great idea for the mini fridge to be used as normal thanks again.

Well I put it in my game and for bottles it works great but then I made a legacy man and I thought the fridge would be great, just enough food to keep him going and nice and compact, the only problem is when I told him to serve sandwiches for the welcome wagon he puts the plate on the top of the fridge and they disappear, twice he made them twive they vanished, and if I put it under a cabinet I can't move it out again even with move_objects on cheat, they seem to become one item. So I'll just use it for thr nurseries.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
#48 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 8:03 AM
thank you thank you thank you! i just made a request and realized that someone else has too. so then finally i tried to search for it. took me a couple trys. but thanks!!!!! YAY
Field Researcher
#49 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 10:02 PM
I think I just discovered this or meant to download it before, at my age it's hard to remember. I love it, just the same, and thank you.

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 10:36 AM
I've tried it with Nightlife it seems to work except groceries can't be put in the fridge and there's no option for food amount remaining in the fridge. Has it unlimited food stored in there?
Page 2 of 4