Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Low-tech solution to an annoying problem: Musical Pictures!

by gwillewyn Posted 19th Jan 2006 at 3:42 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2006 at 8:36 PM by gwillewyn

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:52 PM
First?

Lol, anyway, that's a great idea! Now someone needs to figure out a way of satisfying all those guys who want to buy mp3 player or a playstation...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:54 PM
FanTASTIC!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:54 PM
I think there's a hack for "no gizmo wants" at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/

It keeps people from demanding cellphones.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:03 PM
Great Idea thanks so much for sharing
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:05 PM
Thank you! This makes gameplay a lot less irritating. I hate having to wait for the wants to reset themselves for the "want to buy a bass", etc. thing disappears, and half the time it comes back! I like that the paintings are screenshots, too - that way they look like a band poster. Thanks for solving this annoying problem of wants and giving us some great paintings.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:17 PM
Nice idea - These won't look as out-of-place in my themed lots as the actual instruments do And no more irritating busking guests! YES! Thank you!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:37 PM
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!i'm lovin' it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:46 PM
Can you make them for cars too? I have a sim that really wants a car and the lot is too small for a driveway. I LOVE this idea.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 5:00 PM
This is great. Gets so annoying when you have sims in a tiny house and they always have wants for huge things.

Thanks!

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 5:02 PM
LOL! This is great!
We now have the ability to turn off wants selectively as opposed to turning them off completely.
I don't think its ever been done. A very creative solution.

I love it

Thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyara
Nice idea - These won't look as out-of-place in my themed lots as the actual instruments do And no more irritating busking guests! YES! Thank you!

Feel free to recolour them to make them fit in even better.

I'm working on a few other paintings. My problem is that I leave the country in a few days and will be away from computer for over 4 months.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:01 PM
Oh cool!
brilliant

My mind never wanders, it packs it's backpack, puts on it's boots and goes on a mountain hike.
Scholar
#14 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:34 PM
What an incredible idea! Thank you very much gwillewyn!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:40 PM
Brilliant! Thank you! And if you can, I'd love to have one for the piano, since most of my houses are too small to accommodate one.

A couple more for breakfast
A little more for tea
Just to take the edge off.
Just to take the edge off.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 7:02 PM
What a great idea! I'm so sick of my Knowledge Sims wanting drumkits :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 7:10 PM
Thank you! :clap: The constant nagging for one of every musical instrument was getting annoying. And the bubbleblower. Why does my sim feel he/she MUST have one and refuses to give up that want and when I buy it they don't even use it? Grrr. Wonderful idea.

If only my life was as fun as my sims...

----------------------------------
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 7:24 PM
I'm (selfishly) sorry to hear you'll be away from your computer so long - you're obviously brilliant! Thank you for this!

Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 8:09 PM Last edited by idris : 19th Jan 2006 at 8:13 PM. Reason: typo
Of course, and in hindsight, so obvious - after all, how many real people satisfy their woohoo wants with pictures? :sadpanda:
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 8:23 PM
LOL! I wish I could buy my RL boyfriend a photo of
new band equipment to make him happy (aka Shut up about it.. HAHA).
I'd be the best girlfriend ever on only $120 bucks!

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:04 PM
Interesting' Hack, Great work!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:07 PM
What a creative way to fix an annoying problem! Kudo's to you and a BIG thanks.
Inventor
#23 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:09 PM
Thank you you are brilliant :oD
!._.!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:25 PM
Brilliant idea!

Now my Sims'd better roll some more sensible wants...
Inventor
#25 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:36 PM
Thank you for a good looking and so very useful item for my game.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Page 1 of 2