Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:14 AM
Wow, I would've joined this contest if only I'd seen it when apps were open. Good luck everyone! Looks like this will be a great contest.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Advertisement
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:34 AM
You can still post apps if you're interested!!

NiamhIE - You may include pledging
#53 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:49 AM
Default Round One: Emily Clark

Home sweet home! Or, rather, dorm sweet dorm. My roommate, Jamie Greenly, and I couldn't initially decide on a decorating scheme, but Jamie eventually gave in and let me decorate it! Jame isn't as much of a girly girl as I am, but we still get along well. She's a Mathematics major, and wants to be a natural scientist. Science and math aren't my strong suites, so it works out well. She can help me with my math and science homework, and I help her with her English and liberal arts classes. But anyway...our room is very pink, and it's very fun! I'm so glad I didn't get stuck with an ugly, small dorm. It's a good place to hang out and watch movies, but it works as a nice study area as well.

Jamie and I both went to the same high school, although we didn't know each other until the last half of senior year. It was a complete stroke of luck that we ended up in the same dorm together!
Even though Jamie is usually serious and of course, super smart, we're both pretty playful and love hanging out together. Don't tell anyone that Jamie has pink PJs; she'd be so embarrassed!

Even if my dream comes true and I'm the next Var Cham Annya sister, I'll miss Jamie. She's the best roommate I could ask for, but I know we'll stay friends throughout university and afterwards.

Yep, my new Pledge room is a bit different than the one I shared with Jamie. I guess it shows that I've matured a bit since the beginning of my freshman year...I designed it to be a calm place that I can come home to after long parties and even longer study sessions.
I'm sure that it'll be very quiet without a Jamie, but it will also make things easier. I don't have to turn the lights off just because my roommate is going to sleep, and I don't have to stay up because my roommate is staying up. Still, I'll miss the company of one of my best friends.
I think that the best part of joining Var Cham Annya will be the friendship. I'm a very social person, and I'm always up for spending time with people I like. And by joining this sorority, I'm continuing a family tradition.

My calender for July. It's pretty relaxed, unlike all the finals I had in June!
#54 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:47 AM
i LOVE emily's room, its so.....PINK i love pink, even the tv is pink, thats awesome
#55 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:50 AM
i havent been on here in a LONG time, but id like to join! i have a lot of free time. ill have an app finished by tonight. wait for me?
#56 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:58 AM
Thanks so much, omgitsashley! Most of the furniture is by Sunair; she has lots of color options.

_RIPMYJEANZ_, I can't wait to see your entry! I'm glad we're going to have enough people to continue with the contest.
#57 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:47 AM
Default Application//cheyanne Cordelli
Name: Cheyanne Cordelli

Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior:
Sophomore

Where are you from:
New York

How did you find out about our sorority?
I took a class with Ashley, we became good friends, and she told me about it.

What makes you the perfect candidate for Var Cham Annya?
I'm very faithful, loyal and i have the greatest sense of humor. I can make anyone laugh. I always try something at least once. Im very outgoing and i think this would be the perfect chance to meet new best friends

Headshot:

Bodyshot:

Freeshot:
i love instruments, i know how to play most of them( i teach myself). This is me practicing in my dorm room
#58 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _RIPMYJEANZ_
ill add info later
IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH A TEAL OUTFIT PLZ HELP, I LOOKED EVERYWHERE. THANKS

Liana Sims 2 has quite a few:

Field Researcher
#59 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bR0Oke_lynn
You can still post apps if you're interested!!

Oh, really? That's awesome! I don't have time to do anything tonight unfortunately, but I'll try to get an app done sometime tomorrow, if that's okay.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
#60 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 4:58 AM
I'm done with my entry, but I have another question...does the application round count as a "round"? Would it be the 1st, so there would be 4 rounds in total? Are we going to be judged on the application round?

Sorry for all the questions!
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 5:46 AM
Default Jo Douglas [ROUND ONE]
TASK I

| ROOM VIEW I |

| ROOM VIEW II |

| ROOM VIEW III |

| ROOM VIEW AERIAL I |

| ROOM VIEW AERIAL II |

Having been moved over, and over has really given me very few chances for really befriending any roomies. Luckily...my counselor had a remedy for my bad luck finding a dorm for my kind of problem.

My counselor had found, Lauren Black...offspring of a famous lead singer of a popular rock band. Her dorm was pricey, plus far from school. Though I had no room for complaining.

Four weeks passed, and I realized my advisor has overlooked informing me of Lauren's horrific drug problem. Much as I enjoyed being her pal, I realized when L was abusing, she would be very dissimilar from her daily persona. I was scared. Though really, I was more scared for her.

I helped her. This had only driven her from me. Clearly, I could never save her from her personal demons. Now I'm moving, leaving her behind. I pray so hard for her, hoping God will help her vanquish her dilemma.

I will miss her dearly. She's my only friend. I promised her...when your ready, I'll gladly help.

| MY ROOMIE + ME |

In our office space.

TASK II

Growing up an only child, has made living in a room with a complete stranger quite difficult. Now in my own room, I can walk around in my undies again, without anybody staring! The best part of leaving the dorms, was never having to wake up next to a sleep talking, naked drunk in my bed. Even more so, I'll never have to see cat hair, and floor cleaner on my toothbrush anymore.

| ROOM VIEW I |

| ROOM VIEW II |

Truly, I really enjoyed the casual atmosphere in our dorm building. However abnoxious my neighbors were, I can walk away knowing I was able to live through...complete torture.

| ROOM AERIAL VIEW I |

| ROOM AERIAL VIEW II |

Now I can look forward to a new beginning in Var Cham Annya. Where I can prove my real worth, to people who really want to get to know me.

| CALENDER |

Yes, I know I have a very busy life. Which will never change, even if I am in school.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 5:50 AM
Default Application - Deniece McGillicuddy
Application - Meet The Pledges

Name:
Deniece McGillicuddy

Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior:
Sophomore

Where are you from:
Pleasantville

How did you find out about our sorority?
Natalie was in my Visual Anthropology class and we ended up working as a team on our final project: a photo ethnography of single mothers living Downtown. She and I hung out together outside of our project and she mentioned that I might like to join Var Cham Annya. So here I am!

What makes you the perfect candidate for Var Cham Annya?
I may be older than some of you, but I can still have a great time! My age difference is due to the fact that I took two years off recently in order to travel the world; I've got a zillion stories and had many adventures. I really like that your sorority is different from some of the other more "we're here in college to snag a business major hubby" and I think that my personality meshes well with what Var Cham Annya is all about.

Headshot

Bodyshot

Click on the above picture to access the larger .png file with transparent background

Studying in the Library

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
#63 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:35 AM
thanks simply_sims
Original Poster
#64 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simply_Sims
I'm done with my entry, but I have another question...does the application round count as a "round"? Would it be the 1st, so there would be 4 rounds in total? Are we going to be judged on the application round?

Sorry for all the questions!

Hahaa not a problem

The application round will not be judged, or counted as a round. I hope that clears that up. Let me know if there is any more questions!
#65 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 4:54 PM
Question; can we include more than one picture of the room?
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NiamhIE
Question; can we include more than one picture of the room?

If you would like to, but only two pics are required for both of the rooms.

I'm loving all the entries! I just typed up the next two rounds and I'm so excited to post them!!
#67 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:37 PM
Default Cheyanne Cordelli//Round 1

TASK 1
-dorm room-
*PLEASE CLICK PICS FOR LARGER IMG*

MEET JENNA

QUESTIONS:

1. Roomate's Name: Jenna Childs
2. How Long Have You Been Roomates/Known Your Roommate: We've been roomies since our freshman year and we've been best friends since middle school.
3. What Will You Miss Most About Your Roomate?: EVERYTHING! we always have so much fun together. I can act crazy and immature and she will just laugh at me while doing the same thing. Ill miss all the fun parties we host. and the boys

#68 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 10:24 PM
heart_shaped. i really love your room. its so modern. and i love the view outside
Instructor
#69 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 11:14 AM
Default APP - Yulia Rose.

- APPLICATION -

Name: Yulia Janet Rose Schuben-Hacht. (Known as simply Yulia Rose)
Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Freshman
Where are you from: Austria/America
How did you find out about our sorority? I found out about Var Cham Annya when I looked for universities to apply to, but forgot about it until recently; my friend mentioned the name during our conversation about her older sister. *sigh* Where would I be without my buddies?
What makes you the perfect candidate for Var Cham Annya? I love to meet people and no matter the situation, i'll always try to put my best self forward. I'm just going to say that I'll be bringing a crazy new kind of confidence with me! That may sound like I'm not very mature, but really, I'm usually described as energetic but sincere. You'll see when you get to know me - Can't wait, I'm so psyched!!

Headshot
Although I have to dye my hair often for various reasons, I'm very proud of my natural blonde beauty! :D

Bodyshot
Wearing my true colours, and reaching for the top!

Freeshot
Okay, so strictly it's not on campus in my free time, but this is merevealing my darker conscience in one of my scenes for Theatre Arts.

Should i replace my Freeshot,
Or is that okay?? Thanks!

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 5:33 PM
JOLF: i love your freeshot! :P
i'll hopefully get my round two in later tonight or tomorrow.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 6:15 PM
Default Round 1 - Duana Oetker

Round One
New Faces, New Places

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Task One -

HER part of the room

MY part of the room

Aerial

Vannila Despret

I've met her months ago when my dorm's principal put us together in a dorm room. She's goth or something... but she also has a "Sheena is a PUNK" poster so I guess she is like a metal-punk nerd. She is also very grouchy and doesn't seem to bother about anything. We didn't get along well - she said "oh is this dres suppose to look hippie or what?", chose the darkest side of our room and turned on the music. I got the sunny part of room and left her alone-
Oh I'm gonna miss the annoying sound of loud, creepy music and her lurky existance... NOT!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Task Two -

The best part about having own room is the all-known "no-annoying roommate" thingy.
What will I miss? Tiny, old, cheap windows! This is way too fancy for me! Feels like a real castle... not that it isn't homely But it is bigger than our whole lot!
Hey if all of the rooms are that big, then we could throw totally bitchin' parties! And I am almost sure none of you are noisy, gothic nerds.

Optional Task

Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 7:33 PM
Apps are closed, I'm so glad to see so many hehee

Round 1 will be due on 7/15/08 @ 11:59PM Eastern Time. Any comments/questions/concerns feel free to PM me!
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 10:14 PM
Default Naomi Kirklin - Round 1
Dorm Room:

My desk area and our couch & TV.

Our beds and "kitchen area."

We were lucky enough to get placed in a dorm that allows you to paint your walls whatever color you like as long as they are painted white again before you move out. We also have a bathroom that we share with the room next to ours. Sure beats walking down the hall to the public showers.

I was trying to show Audrey the sweet new dance I learned over Spring Break. She was not impressed, I guess.

Questions for Task One
1. Roommate's Name:
Audrey Pennyworth
2. How Long Have You Been Roommates/Known Your Roommate: I was randomly placed with Audrey my sophomore year. Since I transferred here I didn't really have anyone in mind for a roommate and since room assignments filled up quickly, I got put in a room with a freshman (Audrey). It's kind of odd being older than her, but her trying to act more mature than me. I guess she doesn't want to be looked at as a silly kid anymore... but I'm holding on to my silliness for as long as possible.
3. What Will You Miss Most About Your Roommate?: I'll miss the times where she would let loose around me and act silly. The nights we would stay up until 4:00AM trying to make brownies in the microwave, watching girly movies and painting our nails. I will miss listening to her talk about her "guy problems" and giving her advice (little does she know that I never had a boyfriend until this year!).

My Room at the Sorority House

My bed, sitting area, wardrobe and desk. It's so nice to be able to spread out.

I was placed in a room in the front of the house, so I can look out and see everyone who walks past the sorority house.

Questions for Task Two
1. What's the best thing about having your own room?:
I like having lots of room to spread out. It's nice being able to fit my ballet bar in my room so that I can practice whenever I feel like it. It's also great to have a full sized bed instead of a single! Now I don't fall out of bed when I toss and turn at night
2. What will you miss most about dorm life?: Being on the middle of campus and being able to get to my classrooms in 5 minutes. Now that I am on the outskirts of campus it takes about 15 minutes to walk to my first class. That's not a good thing at 8:00AM when you like to stay in the shower for an hour. I have to learn to better plan and leave the house in plenty of time.
3. What do you think will be the best part of joining Var Cham Annya?: Being surrounded by like-minded girls. I know the girls here share the same values and aspirations that I do. It will be great to share ideas with each other and help one another become amazing adults.

My Calender:

I'm only taking two classes this Summer term, but they are definitely keeping me busy. Not to mention all of my Greek activities and meeting Logan.
Instructor
#74 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:17 AM
Lenoba and ashleybrooke!!
Talk about hidden talent, i luuuurrrrrrve your rooms!
I've never bothered to decorate a room before,
so Round One will be challenging! :D

Actually, i was looking at those walls yesterday, Lenoba.
They look pretty good like that!

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Test Subject
#75 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 7:35 PM
I had to change my room, when I realized my black walls looked blue.

Page 3 of 7