Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CASface Replacements - All Faces, All Ages *UPDATE 08/31/08: Argon archfix compatible!*

by terrakosmos Posted 27th Feb 2006 at 8:30 AM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 8:28 AM by terrakosmos : Long overdue update!

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AllenABQ
WOO HOO!!!

Way to go, terrakosmos!!! They look GREAT!

I kept hoping and praying people would pick up where I left off and start churning out whole sets. After all, I can keep PLENTY busy doing what I do best, making hairy male sims!

You are AWESOME! Keep up the good work!

And you sim face designers out there... GIVE US MORE REPLACEMENT FACES!!

:clap:

*Points* Allen! I'm honored. You are a real asset to the sims community, always so helpful and patient. Thank you! And definitely keep taking care of our hairy sims. Before I made the replacements your facial hair sets were the only salvation for many of my townies.

I would also like to echo your request to see more people giving this a try! It's tedious, but oh-so-rewarding.

*Off to install OFB and check compatibility.*
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 3:46 AM
Those are unbelievably better! I won't use them because I fear change But maybe at some point in the future I will :D
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:20 AM
Much appreciated! Everytime I create a sim from scratch I think of how most of the default faces look like baboon's asses.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 4:21 PM
Default Two questions....
I Do realize someone mentioned this but I'd like it confirmed from the creator...am I correct in my understanding, that to install and initiate the changes we simply add these to our Downloads folder as if it were clothing, etc like any other download? And if so, can I segregate them to a sub-folder? I prefer keeping my mods in sub-folders whenever possible. Thank you...you did a brilliant job with these!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Talismana
I Do realize someone mentioned this but I'd like it confirmed from the creator...am I correct in my understanding, that to install and initiate the changes we simply add these to our Downloads folder as if it were clothing, etc like any other download? And if so, can I segregate them to a sub-folder? I prefer keeping my mods in sub-folders whenever possible. Thank you...you did a brilliant job with these!

Yes to both your questions: Just place them in your Downloads folder with everything else, and if you have Nightlife or OFB you may place them in a subfolder. I agree that it's a good idea to keep downloads in subfolders where you can find them.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terrakosmos
Yes to both your questions

Lovely! What could be easier?

Again, thank you for all your hard, hard work and Especially for your generosity in sharing them with the rest of us who lack your talents. I've come down with the flu or something silmilar, Plus I am attempting to resolve a conflict another mod has created within my game, but just as soon as these situations have resolved, I will install these and report back re how they worked out for me. Looking forward to that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 5:39 PM
Again, thank you for all your hard, hard work and Especially for your generosity in sharing them with the rest of us who lack your talents.

lol! My talents? What talents? Certainly not my BodyShop talents!
(BTW I hope you're feeling better and that you can resolve the mod conflict.)

The more I look at them the less I like them -- I wish I hadn't rushed to get them out before OFB arrived.

I just noticed last night that all the men have this frowny-face thing going on. Also in my attempt to keep the character of the Maxis originals, many of them (particularly the men-folk) are still unnecessarily ugly. I could go on and on. I only just released them but I already want to scrap them and do an all new set, concentrating on one face at a frickin' time. (Of course, that won't happen until OFB begins to bore me.)

That said, thank you so much Talismana and everyone else for your kind comments. They mean a lot, even to a perfectionist who can't take a compliment. :D
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 2:48 AM
Wow they look so much better
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terrakosmos
lol! My talents? What talents? Certainly not my BodyShop talents!
(BTW I hope you're feeling better and that you can resolve the mod conflict.)

Thank you for your kind words re my abysmal health at the moment. I am still battling this bug but at least I now have massive drugs in my arsenal I, also, believe I have sorted out which mods were causing my difficulties.

You sound very much like myself...a perfectionist who squirms whenever they must accept a compliment. In any case, one thing I Will accept acknowledgment for is my forthrightness, and this is how I feel about the CAS replacements that yourself, and others, have shared (much to our delight)....

...each is an Immense improvement over the Maxis originals--I think that's a given. Each indicate a great deal of effort on the creator's part...all the rest is simply aesthetics and personal taste.

Why I like yours in particular? Of those I've seen, yours, to my eye, present the most variety. These are a nice representation of how Maxis Might have gone about things with a bit of forethought. I've my own theory re why Maxis provided these particular 'templates'. I don't believe "Sim" was ever intended to actually indicate a simulation of anything...instead, I am quite certain it's a private joke alluding to their simian qualities

I can be more than a little anal about things as well...and one thing I Won't have within my game is flat out another's work...that's just one of my personal kinks. I enjoy putting my own stamp on things, so to speak. If they 'came out of the box' too perfect? I'd probably bypass them completely. Your CAS replacements leave just enough room for a bit of tweaking but are Also new and improved enough so that I may forgo a three hour investment of time in each Sim in a frustrated attempt to make them bearable. The bonus? The Townie's and NPC's the game now generates will cease frightening small children, the elderly and those weak of stomach.

You will set yourself up for eternal frustration if you allow yourself to second guess every aspect of your work in retrospect, or if you critique your efforts because they cannot be all things to all people...but in my case? Sorry, you'll simply have to find a way of dealing with the fact that I believe you both talented and generous
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 3:52 AM
Why I like yours in particular? Of those I've seen, yours, to my eye, present the most variety. These are a nice representation of how Maxis Might have gone about things with a bit of forethought. I've my own theory re why Maxis provided these particular 'templates'. I don't believe "Sim" was ever intended to actually indicate a simulation of anything...instead, I am quite certain it's a private joke alluding to their simian qualities

I can be more than a little anal about things as well...and one thing I Won't have within my game is flat out another's work...that's just one of my personal kinks. I enjoy putting my own stamp on things, so to speak. If they 'came out of the box' too perfect? I'd probably bypass them completely. Your CAS replacements leave just enough room for a bit of tweaking but are Also new and improved enough so that I may forgo a three hour investment of time in each Sim in a frustrated attempt to make them bearable. The bonus? The Townie's and NPC's the game now generates will cease frightening small children, the elderly and those weak of stomach.

Thanks again, Talismana! Your feedback is invaluable. I'm so glad you like them.
(Sorry to everyone for my neurotic post earlier. I was in one of my "moods," lol!)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 5:33 AM
I'll be starting my neighborhood over soon so this is great! These are the best CAS replacements I have seen yet. Thanks a ton for your hard work. I make my own townies but I HATE the ugly NPC's the game makes.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:21 AM
First I've ever heard of this idea, but it's a good one. Just installed them in game, and I hope to see new townies springing up with less ugly faces
Is there any way to change their default clothing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conage
Is there any way to change their default clothing?

Unfortunately no.

I wish I knew of a way to make sure that certain outfits don't spring up randomly on townies etc. I noticed that the OFB preorder incentive mascot outfit WILL show up randomly. Which is hilarious, but also terrifying. After that I promptly removed Billy and his stupid chicken suit from my game.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 10:57 PM
These are wonderful!

Finally to have decent NPC's and Townies! I'm glad and grateful for it!

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:23 AM
Finally, normality for my neighbors!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 6:56 PM
I just started my new nighborhood and I use Danny's COA panel to change clothes and do makeovers on NPC's. I just wanted to say that I needed to do A LOT LESS plastic surgery than I usually do in a new hood. No more buttafaces!! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#42 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 6:57 AM
These are fantastic. I've tried every set I can find, and in my mind these are by far the best.

I was wondering, however, if it would be possible for you to post these as separate files for males and females--I like my women to have much stronger features than what most people like, and I'd like to experiment with keeping all of your male templates but replacing 3 or 4 of the females. This is definitely not a complaint--my tastes are out of the ordinary, and you've done a beautiful job.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nailati
I was wondering, however, if it would be possible for you to post these as separate files for males and females--I like my women to have much stronger features than what most people like, and I'd like to experiment with keeping all of your male templates but replacing 3 or 4 of the females.

I like your idea of experimenting! However, it would be a little easier for me to explain how to delete faces from my existing packages (w/ SimPE) than for me to separate them and reupload. (Been a little busy IRL.) If/when I make another set of replacements, I will separate the packages by gender/age to make it easier on the mix-n-matchers. In the meantime, I apologize for my lack of foresight.

So about deleting faces. For example, say you want to delete the female faces from the first archetype. In my set I named that file CASface_01_Heart_terrakosmos
You would simply open that package w/ SimPE and delete the following files to get rid of the female faces: (Click on "Type" to sort in alpha-order)
afArchHeart_tslocator_gmdc
afArchHeartLOD15_tslocator_gmdc (af = adult female)
efArchHeart_tslocator_gmdc
efArchHeartLOD15_tslocator_gmdc (ef = elder female)
tfArchHeart_tslocator_gmdc
tfArchHeartLOD15_tslocator_gmdc (tf = teen female)
Make sure you save.
Now you should be able to use the female data for that archetype from some other set of replacements without a problem.

For anyone else wanting to experiment with different ages & genders, here's a rundown of the filename codes:
af... = adult female
am... = adult male
cu... = child unisex
ef... = elder female
em... = elder male
pu... = toddler unisex
tf... = teen female
tm... = teen male

I hope I made sense...
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 5:36 AM Last edited by Nailati : 21st Mar 2006 at 8:02 AM.
Unfortunately I can't use SimPE, because I'm a Mac user, and I don't want to haul my files over to a PC using friend's house. But thank you for the explanation--I'm sure those who can use SimPE will find it useful. Perhaps if someone separated the files this way they could upload them? (With all due credit, of course.)
Anyway, I look forward to your next replacement set.
Scholar
#45 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 7:18 AM
I love new faces lol,,thanks,,,

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 4:53 PM Last edited by terrakosmos : 27th Mar 2006 at 6:06 PM. Reason: elaborating
Quote: Originally posted by Nailati
Unfortunately I can't use SimPE, because I'm a Mac user, and I don't want to haul my files over to a PC using friend's house.

Ack, sorry to hear that.
I'm working on separating them right now, so no need for anyone else to do it!

Edit: Separated files should be ready in a couple of days. Each face will be split up into three files: Child/Toddler, Female, and Male. I will also upload in zip, for the RAR/QXpress impaired.

Edit the 2nd: Done and Done.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 8:24 PM
Fantastic. Thanks!
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 11:33 PM
I could not express how impressed and thankful I am. These replacements are beyond excellent, indeed.

You, sir, have a fan!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 12:47 PM
Thank you, I love your templates. I have just one issue to tell. You said that it is not possible to have more than 27 different templates in the game. But I have 28 female faces in bodyshop, the number of male faces is correct. I don't know why this is so, and it's ok for me, I only wanted to let you know.

Zhank you again for these nice faces, I have several new students who were created automatically, and one of my sims instantly fell in love with one of these new ones created with your templates...
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 12:43 AM
personally, i believe Meadow Thayer is pretty hott by herself.
Page 2 of 6