Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2023 at 11:32 AM
Default Moving Sims to Neighborhood family bin correctly with BHAV?
Greetings,

I have been wanting to create playable sims without using Create a Sim. I thought that instead, I could have them be randomly generated, and then move them out into the family bin in a process similar to the "Move Out" interaction available with the Newspaper.

However, looking through the Move Out Simantics for the Newspaper, then the Computer Semiglobals, and then the Old Taxi object, I could not locate anywhere where they are actually removed from the family.

Then I found that in the College Move Out Controller, there ARE calls to "remove from family" and then "add to family". They are added to family -1/FFFF, and according to the description of the generic call in SimPE, this SHOULD create a new family for them.

I then cooked up this BHAV

After fixing issues with space allocations and what not, it properly spawns a Sim. But saving and then going back to the neighborhood, the Family Bin is empty as before.

Checking the families in SimPE, the new family is correctly initialized with a new number. However, they are assigned to Subhood 5E instead of 1. Now why the heck does that happen? I only have the Magic and Hobbies subhoods, is the game expecting a specific type of subhood to be there?

I worry if I have stumbled into one of those hard-coded things, as I have a tendency to do. It isn't a big issue, of course, but if possible I'd like to do the whole process in-game.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 12:45 AM
Maybe you need to explicitly set Temp 1 to 0. Because Temp 1 == 2 moves them to the University bin. I haven't experimented with other values, and always set temp 1 in my character creator mod.
just a girl
#3 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 5:42 PM
Primary 'hood's bin is 1, Uni is 2. Maybe 0 works too, I don't know, but normally Maxis sets Temp 1 to 1 in this case.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 3:56 PM
Default Solved!
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Maybe you need to explicitly set Temp 1 to 0. Because Temp 1 == 2 moves them to the University bin. I haven't experimented with other values, and always set temp 1 in my character creator mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Primary 'hood's bin is 1, Uni is 2. Maybe 0 works too, I don't know, but normally Maxis sets Temp 1 to 1 in this case.

Sorry for the very, very late reply, but yeah, that was it. The descriptive text for the Add To Family call does not mention Temp 1 at all, at least in SimPE. But now it works perfectly, thanks a bunch!