Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

OfficeChamp Task Chair

by Purplepaws Posted 25th Oct 2008 at 11:44 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 2:56 AM by Purplepaws

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 12:04 AM
Thank you for the realistic office chairs!
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MnFnT
Can I ask where you got the fabric??

Sorry, that's a secret. Lol. Actually, all this interest in recolors is sort of renewing my motivation to make some myself a little later on, so I don't want to deplete my source. There are lots of great fabric sites out there, though. It shouldn't be too hard to find something.

Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
What comfort score does it have?
I believe it has a comfort score of three, the same as the chair I cloned it from. I was considering raising it, but decided against it since most task chairs aren't all that comfortable, anyway.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 7:28 AM
Gorgeous!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 2:50 PM
This is soo awesome!
As is all your stuff *is jealous*
Can I ask what program you use for meshing? I'm learning how to mesh, and I use Blender.
Em
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 6:34 PM
Niiiice!!! Thank you for these babies!

It makes me want to know what else have you made amongst the other 50 files ^__^ *waits to be bombarded*
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emspp
Can I ask what program you use for meshing? I'm learning how to mesh, and I use Blender.

I use Wings 3D, and I couldn't be happier with it. Never tried Blender, but I've used Milkshape and didn't much care for it.
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 1:56 AM
very nice! i was just wondering, where is the computer used in the picture from?
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparkles*
very nice! i was just wondering, where is the computer used in the picture from?

Apple Power Mac G5 from Ogularama. It's one of my favorites.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 4:10 AM
I'm actually sitting in this chair right now, in blue. So yeah, my self-Sim is definitely getting this. GREAT job!
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 12:50 PM
I fell in love with this chair as soon as I saw it, so of course I downloaded right away... But unfortunately it crashed my game so I had to get rid of it
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hippymcpeace
I fell in love with this chair as soon as I saw it, so of course I downloaded right away... But unfortunately it crashed my game so I had to get rid of it

Are you sure it wasn't something else that caused it? At what point in using the chair did your game crash?
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Are you sure it wasn't something else that caused it? At what point in using the chair did your game crash?

Well, it crashed during the loading screen, so I went to my downloads folder and took a few things out. It still crashed a couple more times, until I took the files for the chair out of my downloads, then it worked fine.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ Hippy McPeace
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 12:51 PM
Well, it crashed during the loading screen, so I went to my downloads folder and took a few things out. It still crashed a couple more times, until I took the files for the chair out of my downloads, then it worked fine.

Actually, now I'm not sure if your chair made my game crash or not because it's crashed a few more times since then during regular play. The first two times it was just when this one sim entered the lot, so I decided just to not invite them over anymore. But then it happened again out of the blue while my sims were just eating dinner, so I don't know what's going on.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ Hippy McPeace
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 4:41 AM
Actually, now I'm not sure if your chair made my game crash or not because it's crashed a few more times since then during regular play. The first two times it was just when this one sim entered the lot, so I decided just to not invite them over anymore. But then it happened again out of the blue while my sims were just eating dinner, so I don't know what's going on.

I'm willing to bet it's not the chair then. Perhaps this article might be of help? Whenever my I have problem content in my game, I can always find it using the 50/50 method.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 9:45 PM
I also had the same problem with this download crashing my game as it was loading. I went through all my custom content and it was this download that crashed my game. The game loaded just fine after I deleted the content.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkpunk_9
I also had the same problem with this download crashing my game as it was loading. I went through all my custom content and it was this download that crashed my game. The game loaded just fine after I deleted the content.

I'm working with hippymcpeace to fix this, but first I need to make sure that it's definitely my file that's causing the problem.

Does the game crash with only the chair in your downloads folder?
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 9:50 AM
omg!Looks like my own!THX!!!

Life sucks. Get a helmet!
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
I'm having problems with my game crashing when I have this chair in my downloads folder. The game opens to the first loading screen and then freezes.
I'm not sure if this is anything to do with the chair or just something strange about my game, but I thought it was best to let you know.
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:32 AM
I'm sorry to those who have experienced crashing. I was initially intending to fix it, but due to the fact that I have no idea what is causing the problem in the first place and have no patience to figure it out right now, I'm abandoning the task until further notice. I apologize again to all of those who were waiting for a solution. I will, however, put a notice up in the main post to download at your own risk.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:00 PM
Love this. Thanks so much. I started the game and went to an empty house and bought the chair, to see if I had the same problems as a few others, but nothing happened. It worked fine. And looked great. :D
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 11:52 AM
Thanks! I actually had an officechair that looked just like this one, from IKEA. Very comfy and useful! I think my Sims will like it just as I liked the real one :D

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Test Subject
#47 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 1:50 AM
I downloaded but it didn't show up in my game. plz help me!
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arielpt
I downloaded but it didn't show up in my game. plz help me!

Did you look in the right place in the catalog? It's under chairs -> dining and other chairs, for $185.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Do you have this problem with other downloads?
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 11:18 PM
Aw they look awesome but they crash my game =(

When I go on a download spree, I make a new sub folder for the recent downloads. I carefully went through all the files and I found these ones causing the problem =/

I never tried running it alone in the downloads folder.. maybe its having conflicts with my other downloads? (mods, and hacks)

btw I have, Base game, University, Night Life, and OFB.. (no stuff packs =/)
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryerth
Aw they look awesome but they crash my game =(

When I go on a download spree, I make a new sub folder for the recent downloads. I carefully went through all the files and I found these ones causing the problem =/

I never tried running it alone in the downloads folder.. maybe its having conflicts with my other downloads? (mods, and hacks)

btw I have, Base game, University, Night Life, and OFB.. (no stuff packs =/)

Sorry, I am no longer offering support for my TS2 creations. (Since switching to TS3.)
Page 2 of 3