Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unlocked University outfits *Updated for PETS Nov 19/06*

by windkeeper Posted 18th May 2006 at 6:13 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2006 at 9:27 PM by windkeeper

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#26 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:30 PM
Ooh, thank you!! I just converted a bunch of Uni clothes for myself this weekend, but this hack is so much better. LOL. So if we make recolours using these unlocked outfits as bases, will people need this hack for the recolours to work on adults?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Ooh, thank you!! I just converted a bunch of Uni clothes for myself this weekend, but this hack is so much better. LOL. So if we make recolours using these unlocked outfits as bases, will people need this hack for the recolours to work on adults?
No, they wont need this hack, the recolors will work without it.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#28 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:42 PM
Perfect, thank you! If you don't mind my asking, how does it work? Were they always built into the game for adults but just locked like career uniforms? If that's the case then recolours would require University, right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th May 2006 at 9:28 PM
Yes, I guess its similar to career uniforms. Adults and young adults have the same proportions mesh-wise, they are just marked as different age groups. Thats why its easy to set an outfit to work for both, all you change is the age. Thats what the hack does, it changes the age group of Uni outfits to include regular adults.

Yes, recolors would require Uni, in most cases. Unless the mesh was originally from Sims 2. Like pajamas for example, their meshes were in the game, Uni only brought different recolors. On the other hand hippi outfits would require Uni because their meshes come with Uni.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#30 Old 18th May 2006 at 9:38 PM
Ohh, I see. So it changes the age category like we can do with BodyShop+SimPE, but on the original outfits instead of on clones? Sort of like a default replacement? And when we then clone those outfits for recolours, the clones will keep the 48 age number? Sorry for all the annoying questions, I just like to understand how these things work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th May 2006 at 10:30 PM
Yes, you got it exactly right . It IS a default replacement of sort.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#32 Old 18th May 2006 at 10:38 PM
I've never seen this hack before - thanks a ton for making it! Now I want to go make a new sim to play with it ;p
Instructor
#33 Old 18th May 2006 at 11:40 PM
windkeeper, I've noticed one possible glitch since putting in this great mod. One pair of my adult male pajama pants disappeared; the plaid ones. Everything else appears to work great, though.

Thanks,

Melissa
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th May 2006 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellisenda
windkeeper, I've noticed one possible glitch since putting in this great mod. One pair of my adult male pajama pants disappeared; the plaid ones. Everything else appears to work great, though.

Thanks,

I checked the files, found one extra record for pajama pants in each and removed it. It wasn't related to plaid pants though, don't know if this will fix your problem. Download the file again and give it a try. Btw, all pajamas still visible in my game. Let me know your result.
Instructor
#35 Old 19th May 2006 at 3:09 AM
It works fine now. Hm, funny, ha? Thanks for adjusting it, though!

Melissa
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th May 2006 at 4:31 AM
Glad to hear that
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th May 2006 at 7:00 PM
thank you!!!!!

"By perseverance, the snail reached The Ark"- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
~*~MORE SIMS ON THE WAY SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE~*~
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st May 2006 at 2:30 PM
Thats so kewl, thankz!
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:43 AM
Ohhh I love those outfits! Thanks alot!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 24th May 2006 at 1:45 PM
Thanks very much for making this.
One prob I have is - I have a hack that makes the mannequins nude in Bodyshop, which is essential for genetics making. This file makes all the mannequins display using uni undies.

Is there anything you can do to prevent this, or should I just remove the file prior to me wanting to make a genetics set. <--- I know thats the obvious option, but I most likely would forget to remove it and a Bodyshop for me takes about 30 mins to load up, thats why i'm asking if there is anything you can do.

If not thats ok

Thanks again you're a star and your contributions to the community are always very much appreciated.

xXx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th May 2006 at 5:02 PM
It really depends whats in that hack. I also made a similar hack though I didn't test it together with these unlocked outfits. I think it should work. The hack is in the adult section which is not accessible at the moment, you could try it later.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 25th May 2006 at 8:27 PM
Thank you so much for this! Now my adults that think they're still in college can wear stuff (LOL!). Totally Awesome!
Is it possible to make adult clothes for the elders? (so the elder women won't sag? ha ha)

Everything happens for a reason!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th May 2006 at 1:51 PM
I tried this yesterday and it does not work. None of the University clothes show upo for adults.
Instructor
#44 Old 26th May 2006 at 8:03 PM
Enable custom content.
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th May 2006 at 1:16 AM
Custom content is enabled. All of it works except this one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 27th May 2006 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marc_Kuhl
Custom content is enabled. All of it works except this one.
Do you have University? Download file again, place it in your Downloads folder and try again. You can test it with BodyShop if you don't want to start the game.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:48 AM
I have University, Nightlife, and Family Fun. I tried the NL version. I'm trying the other version this time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:58 AM
You can also try to place the file into your SavedSims folder.
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th May 2006 at 6:59 AM
The NL version does not work at all for me. The other version does. There are no duplicates. The Cheerleader outfits are missing. Is there any chance you can fix those? Thank you so much for the ones that do work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th May 2006 at 9:13 PM
I've added cheerleader outfits, thanks for letting me know! Tested both files again, they work fine in my game. Perhaps there is a conflict with something else you have in your downloads? At least the other file works for you.
Page 2 of 5