Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Life Preserver Needs Adjuster

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:12 AM - Updated 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:57 PM by HystericalParoxysm

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 4:47 AM
Great job now I dont have to max motive the whole house.Ty
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 9:45 PM
This will be perfect for my business!
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#28 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 6:59 PM
Yay! Thanks, HP. I've been waiting for this and it's already been up three days? I'm slacking. Can't wait to use it. Thanks again.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#29 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 3:46 AM
I started laughing a little when I realized that you had cleverly used a "life preserver" as a "life preserver".... and now that I'm looking back at what I just said, I feel like a complete dork.

Brilliant work, as usual! :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 10:15 AM
Sounds (and looks) great!
I will test it in game, I have only the base and ofb.
Will post my findings lateron

nina x
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:56 PM
I currently use merola 64's painting, I think I'll use this. since that painting is so ugly. I usually end up hanging it in the garage or basement. Ity should not conflict right?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:58 PM
No, there shouldn't be any conflict, ferret9005 - this is an object hack, not anything global at all. But as I mentioned in my first post, this is my first hacked object, and in testing, so, y'know, back up and stuff. </butt covering>

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 4:55 AM
It works perfectly for me.

ılı.------Volume------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
► Play ▌▌ Pause ■ Stop
Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 7:54 AM
Default Well...
I guess I must be the only one having a problem with this. I can find the object just fine, and I can purchase it, but as soon as I exit Buy Mode, it disappears. At first I thought it might just be my game going screwy, so I completely exited the game, restarted it, and tried again, but no such luck. For the record, I only own the original Sims 2, and have never at any point installed an expansion pack; could that possibly be part of the problem?

Kudos for the idea, though! Would definitely make skill-building go faster. XD
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 8:11 AM
Huh. That is odd, Salsa. I've had base game testers use it and it works just fine for them... I don't have a base game testing environment of my own to try it on, and when I created it I unchecked all my EPs in SimPE, so it should be perfectly base-game compatible... Hrmmm...

Have you tried taking out all other custom content (move the normal content of your Downloads folder to your desktop or something like that), just putting in this item, and seeing if it works that way? I used my own GUID so there shouldn't be any conflict but... I guess it's possible if someone -else- used my GUID and you have some piece of content like that, there could be a weird conflict causing... strangeness?

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 6:16 PM
Thank you so much! I have gotten bored with the standard family raising so I got brave and started a family with sixtuplits! It was mahyem during the toddler age...but after almost killing the nannys (all 5 of them), the parents not to mention the babies I survived. The children grew up but not in good condition and I couldnt get them to stable no matter how hard I tried! This thing did the trick! I was able to increase their needs and keep them all alive! I have since removed item from house so I dont use it too much though! The 6 children are almost teenagers now! By the way they are identical and figuring out which one is which is crazy when they are in Jammies or swimsuits! Thanks again for saving my family!

Sonja
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 6:20 PM
Salsa I lost it too at first! I found it when I put up the walls! It goes down with the walls. Just a thought!

Sonja
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:16 PM
Great! I like the fact it's an identifyable object thats easy to remember what it does, paintings and plants I keep forgeting which ones are the hacks,lol

Thanks Ill give it a test

Builder delux.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 5:19 PM
Just about to download, but i was wondering...what are breeder families :D
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 12:34 AM
I had this in my downloads before I installed Pets, so I haven't reinstalled it. Has anyone tested it with Pets yet?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 6:56 AM
Brad732 - Breeder families, at least in my game are cute little traditional families... Female mother, male father, dad works, mom usually stays home... and is pregnant most of the time. I've got houses of elves and cute little lesbians and a Victorian manor and stuff, and now a crazy old cat lady, and my self-sim living with her accidentally-adopted son and 12 pets, but some days, I just really want to play with a mom, dad, and their 6 kids.

jedilizthesim - I've had it in my Downloads folder since installing Pets and haven't experienced any issues that I could trace to this (plenty of -other- stuff). I gave it a quick test and all its functions seem to still work fine and as before. It won't work for pets themselves though. I could probably update that in a bit, although to be quite honest, I find they handle their own needs pretty well as long as everything is provided for them.

Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 9:11 AM
Thank you for this Item great Idea.
I put it into my game with Iniversity,Nightlife,OFB,FamilyFun,Pets but now I got a problem my Sim can't get pregnant anymore
I don't use any other hacks in my game.
I thin you should know this
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Salsa
I guess I must be the only one having a problem with this. I can find the object just fine, and I can purchase it, but as soon as I exit Buy Mode, it disappears. At first I thought it might just be my game going screwy, so I completely exited the game, restarted it, and tried again, but no such luck. For the record, I only own the original Sims 2, and have never at any point installed an expansion pack; could that possibly be part of the problem?

You know what? I'm having the same problems like you. It's very annoying and I so wanted this product. I've tried to remove all the other files from the Download folder and only leaving the life saver file, but it just doesn't work. Is there another object like this which pretty much does the same thing here on MTS2?

"I will crush these pitiful insects with the awsome power of my great axe and hang their heads at the gate of the capitol city" - Jian Zar
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:31 PM
Just tested this with Seasons and it works fine although it doesn't work on plant sims but they have different needs so I didn't expect it to.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:16 PM
Sorry for the slowness in replying, guys - I think this is the one freaking thread I'm not subscribed to. :P

Sausebrause: This would not effect pregnancy in any way. Are you sure your sims able to have children? Adult females cannot have children within a few days of becoming an elder. If you still think it's my object, you'll likely be getting errors - please post your error log as advised.

rekumalacono/anyone else who has it disappear on them: Please post me your error log as advised in the first post.

oph3lia: Thanks for the report. I hadn't gotten a chance to test it yet.

Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=HystericalParoxysm]Sorry for the slowness in replying, guys - I think this is the one freaking thread I'm not subscribed to. :P

Sausebrause: This would not effect pregnancy in any way. Are you sure your sims able to have children? Adult females cannot have children within a few days of becoming an elder. If you still think it's my object, you'll likely be getting errors - please post your error log as advised.
QUOTE]
So Sorry... I'm a idiot
Your hack is great ... the problem was that I got to many Pets in the Family..
But now I got another hack for this problem.
Thanks for your answer
Sausebrause
Mad Poster
#47 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:29 AM
Well, I've been using it for a while now, and I can't believe I didn't post a thanks! So sorry!

I use it all the time. It's great when you suddenly need to decrease a need, and it's decorative, too! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 11:00 PM
It works great in my game ( I have all expanson no stuff things) THank You this is wonderful
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 6:10 AM
Just wanted to let you know I have Bon Voyage and I tried it in my game and it worked just fine for me.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 5:56 AM Last edited by TheColdestTouch : 29th Nov 2007 at 9:17 AM.
... well, I installed it and I can't find it in the menu! I know my game recognized it because it found it when I booted up the game. I'm going to try again, I really need this to help me keep my bigger families in check.

=) Thank you for making it. Now lets see if I can actually get it to work, lol!!

EDIT: Ooh, I got it to work with a little tweaking. ^_^ great item.
Page 2 of 3