Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plumb Bob Toggle Mod

by Dave Luv Posted 21st Mar 2007 at 11:30 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:53 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samefourletters
This is awesome! Thanks very much.

If you did make a different object that could get rid of the learning bar, that would be awesome.
I don't always want to max out their skills using cheats - I love objects that let me play with as little "cheating" as possible!

I don't use hacks at all, except of taking pics, with quitting the lot without saving then

Seems already 3 players are interested - if I have a bit of time in the next days, I would add 2 new interactions to this mod - to hide/unhide the learning bar too.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 5:15 PM
Cool that you are adding a hide progress/learning bar feature. But you should also add badges, for OFB users. There is not much point taking out the progress bars when taking a picture of them making a robot if there is still the huge badge above their heads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PwnagePanther
Cool that you are adding a hide progress/learning bar feature. But you should also add badges, for OFB users. There is not much point taking out the progress bars when taking a picture of them making a robot if there is still the huge badge above their heads.

I will try to hide these items too This weekend I am working on some new TS1 items, hope I have time enough during the next week.
It is always interesting to work on features for an EP I don't have, but I expect I will succeed as in case of the employees' spheres
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 7:22 AM
can you make one so that it removes the talking things the speech bubbles above while they're talking, and the + or - for relationship?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by botloveral
can you make one so that it removes the talking things the speech bubbles above while they're talking, and the + or - for relationship?

I expect the speech bubbles are generated at the moment a Sim starts talking - it should be easy to hide them at the moment of using an item, but in a few seconds another Sim would generate a new bubble . It would require creating a global hack to have the bubbles off for a longer time.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
I expect the speech bubbles are generated at the moment a Sim starts talking - it should be easy to hide them at the moment of using an item, but in a few seconds another Sim would generate a new bubble . It would require creating a global hack to have the bubbles off for a longer time.

Don't suppose perchance you'd be willing to try at that, would you? I'd sell my own grandmother for a hack that removed both speech and thinks bubbles. Forever. And ever. And ever.

Never seen the point of them. They don't seem to serve any purpose whatsoever.

Of course, the "Showheadlines off" cheat removes them... but it doesn't remove any that are currently in existence. It just prevents new ones appearing... so it's not a helpful cheat for storytelling, if you've got a perfect "shot" lined up, and you have to wait until the current bubbles are gone.... by which time the sims have moved and you have to queue up the actions again.

Furthermore, Showheadlines also removes USEFUL things like the popups - you know, "sim x is sick with the flu" or "sim y has earnt a point of cooking skill" etc. These popups are useful for gameplay, and don't actually show up in photos anyway.

But the bubbles of course do.

Typical of Maxis really, they design a cheat that doesn't perform any function that any sane mind would require of it, to paraphrase Douglas Adams in his critique of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Quote:
"Their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws."

Or was it the other way around?

Either way, I'd give ANYTHING for a Global Hack that banished Think and Speech bubbles from my game forever and a day.

I mean, what ARE they FOR?

On the subject of Learning Bars though, Inge Jones' Plumbob Zapper(it zaps the standard Plumbob, but was created PRE-Nighlife, so it has no effect on Date/Casual Group or Employee 'bobs) gets rid of Learning Bars. It's a Global Hack, thankfully, so it erradicates Plumbobs forever. On all Lots. Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thraxwhirl
I'd sell my own grandmother for a hack that removed both speech and thinks bubbles. Forever. And ever. And ever.

Creating such a global hack should not be difficult.
But I decided to stop creating TS2 stuff for a while - the amount of downloads of my latest TS2 creations is low, comparing to my See Them 2 tool or even to my TS1 items, so I have no motivation to create new TS2 stuff.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:50 PM
thanx i can make better sim movies now!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 12:11 AM
This will be SO USEFUL to film creators-- I'm not, since my machine really isn't up to spec for that, but even so, those bloody things can really spoil a picture. Thank you for this!

Miao.
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 6:12 AM
well I meant remove them altogether
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by botloveral
well I meant remove them altogether

I'm not a fan of global hacks. I create them only when there's no other choice and only when I am sure they will be independent of the used game version.

Each TS2 item requires testing in all game versions. I don't have them, so I have to cooperate with testers. This takes me a lot of time, not talking about the testers' time. An average item takes 2-3 days of testing, translating the texts to English takes me half a day, while creating such an item takes only a few hours.

I have a bit of free time only on weekends, and since I am not going to create low-quality items, I am able to release only one item per month. But the amount of downloads of TS2 objects and mods at Simsky is lower than I expected, so I decided not to create items only a few players would download. We'll focus on creating new meshes in the next weeks.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:44 PM
Thanks! I always wished that the "Plumbbobtoggle on" would remove more than just the regular plumbbob.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th May 2007 at 5:59 AM
Brilliant
This is most ingenious Mod - Will be perfect for taking
photograph! Thank you so much.

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Theorist
#39 Old 31st May 2007 at 4:46 AM
I just found this and can't wait to use it. I hate when I go from lot to lot and have to disable the pb each time. It would be awesome if you do take the learning bar away and the +/- signs. I don't mind the thought bubbles that much.

If ya make it GREAT, and if ya don't well thanks for making the bp's disappear.
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:06 AM
hi Dave Luv--

i love this mod! i'd like to add my name to the list for hiding the learning bar. please? gosh, those learning /skill bars are annoying.
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:03 PM
Default re:
It should be easy to hide those "learning bars" too - they are objects similar to the plumb bob, even placed in the same slot. I didn't include hiding them to this mod - I thought there was no reason for players to let their Sims to learn a skill when taking snapshots . If more players are interested, I could add this feature.

Yesss, you should do it... Ive been looking for something to hide the learning bars but I didn't find it...
Field Researcher
#42 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 8:23 AM
Thank you.

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 1:54 AM
This is too great, because I wanted be able to get rid of plumbobs for snapshots and such, but the only other mods for doing this permanently got rid of them, which I did not want.
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 12:58 PM
is it also get rid of all conversation?

anyway thank you for your great job.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bb_diary_sims2
is it also get rid of all conversation?

anyway thank you for your great job.

No, it's just for the plumbobs / groupbobs / spheres.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
Cool! This will be SO useful for taking pictures. I always tried to edit the plumbobs out, but now I don't have to! THANK YOU! <3

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:34 AM
*sigh* it looks like I'm the only person this mod doesn't work for... it does remove my own active sim's plumbbob, but on outings, dates, etc, it won't remove the plumbbob of my dates or groups... at all...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 11:20 PM
I've been waiting for something like this!
Thank you!! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:59 PM
Thank you
Page 2 of 2