Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Welcome To Retroville! A FULL Neighborhood Themed Set*Now with B&W cars!*

by The Mod Squad Posted 25th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM - Updated 29th May 2008 at 8:09 AM by MTS2Staff : Fixed inline image

478 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 20
Test Subject
#226 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 11:36 PM Last edited by birene : 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:00 PM.
I've already tried that LyricLee but it didn't help. Maybe I just have some strange custom skin in my downloads that conflicts with this skin. :shrug:

ETA: I "solved" the problem. It seems to be a texture resolution issue. Only when I play with high texture resolution the problem occurs. With a middle or low resolution everything is fine. I can live with that.
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:28 AM
Great Job!
Great work all of you! Thank you so much for sharing!
Test Subject
#228 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:52 AM
Wow.. great work! All your stuff is amazing!
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:13 AM
what what!

this is sooo incredible! Now I have to be patient untilI get a bigger HD :P

Y'all rock!
Field Researcher
#230 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:11 AM
Omg this is terrific.. And Ty very very much for putting the whole room downloads together.. That was very thoughtful.. I have to go play with this whole set now..:D
The ModFather
retired moderator
#231 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:01 PM
Poohjc2002, I hope you are joking... I'm not going to answer you for the third time!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#232 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poohjc2002
where do i get the WinRAR for free? i dont like buying stuff off the internet.

Numenor has answered you twice. Do not ask again or else your next post will be considered spam and deleted. Thank you.
Mesh Maestro
#233 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:14 PM
Oh my, 3 times in my e-mail I see the same post... Look at my signiture, does it get any easier than that?

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Test Subject
#234 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:10 PM
i had blue flashing trees when i downloaded the lots, but when i went to the lot they were invisible. I downloaded the trees seperatly and now have no problem.
its a great theme, how on earth are you going to beat that? how on earth can our computers cope with us download junkies???
keep it up guys - i mean the hard work :-)
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#235 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:20 PM
where do i get the WinRAR for free? i dont like buying stuff off the internet.

The only way to get WinRar specifically for free is to download it and not pay for it. But there are many FREE programs that do the same thing that WinRAR does.

The link that Numenor gave you is for 7-Zip, a program that is FREE and does the EXACT SAME THING AS WINRAR.

Did you click the link he gave you? (The links are sometimes hard to see on the forums, depending on which color-scheme you're using). See the word "7-Zip" in Numenor's post? If you move your mouse over it, it underlines itself, and your mouse arrow turns into a pointed finger. Click that, and you're at 7-Zip's site. You can download that free program there.

There are many other programs you can use too. (Click on the words to be taken to the site):
IZarc
TugZip
ExtractNow
ALTools
WinAce
The Sims 2 File Maid

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Test Subject
#236 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:26 PM
Ahem... back to the original thread. I LOOOVE this stuff. I had something like it in the Sims 1 and it was a blast. Thank you to everyone for all of their hard work in making this stuff!
Test Subject
#237 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:10 AM
"Holy cow!" said Beav. Nice Job what eles is in store from you talanted people?
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:54 AM
Are there any colored Versions of the "57 Chevy Sofa" and the "Jukebox"?
#239 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:19 AM
You are the GREATEST!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
I have been searching for 50's stuff in AGES(!!!) - all in vain and now here you come!! Thanks you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!! You make my Sims a happyer place
Test Subject
#240 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:25 AM
how long time did this take?!?!? you must have a lot of time man
Stupid people are stupid
#241 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:52 AM
I'm having a small problem with the lavalamp. The first time i downloaded it, it didn't show up. The second time i downloaded the whole set and again the lavalamp didn't show up. Today, i downloaded it again. It asked me if i would overwrite the other package and i said yes. But again the lamp doesn't show up in the game. Everything else is showing up and i've found the lamp with the Clean Installer in my downloadsfolder but i can't find it in the game. Anyone have an idea on what the problem might be?
I assume it's my game, because i can't find any other people with the same problem.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#242 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:12 PM
angel f, have you looked under the miscellaneous category in the "Decorative" portion? That's where my lava lamp is.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#243 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:46 PM
Yes, I should have been more clear about this: the lava lamp isn't an actual "lamp", it doesn't emit any real light, so I thought it was better to put it in the Decorative section of the catalog...
Stupid people are stupid
#244 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:11 PM
Thank you both so much. I've looked under lights. Never thought of looking somewhere else :banghead:
Thanks for helping me out here.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#245 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:08 PM
to answer some questions higher up on the page, i think we worked on this set for anywhere from 6-8 weeks. around that long.

there should be colored versions of the jukebox and possibly the chevy is you search by the user name "DBCAB"
but you can only have one or the other so if you want the colored versions, remove the b&w for a while.
Ice Princess
#246 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:26 PM
i have read what i could read. and try to understand it. and i think that i finely found something that i could use. i dont like people being angry with me. and i dont want anyone mad at me. i'm very tender hearted. also lastly do you know what a mentally challenge person is? that's me. by the way if there's a need for deleteing of my posts i'll do it ok.

They only delete to prevent spamming of the board. It confuses some members. And they aren't targeting you and have no way of knowing that you are challenged. If you need further assistance in the future just say something along the lines of "Look I don't understand and can you give me some extra assistance?" Possibly explaining briefly that you do have a disability. People will be far more understanding and willing to help if they know. :D

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Test Subject
#247 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:17 PM
Wow. What an amazing team you all are--every single one of you! I read above that this is as much--if not more--content than an EP! LOVE it. Great work! Great idea....
Test Subject
#248 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 4:05 PM
Waaa...greyscale rocks!
I just wanna say THANK YOU for y'all! Despite they are mostly colorless...they made my gaming more colorful ne
Test Subject
#249 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 5:46 PM
OH MY GOD!!! it's a bigger number of downloads
Field Researcher
#250 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 5:08 AM
Wow you guys this looks wonderful! I wish I was as talented as you all are! I can make a completly new neighborhood with all of this wonderful stuff! Great job and I hope you guys can make more wonderful objects and sets for us not so talented people *hint hint*
Page 10 of 20