Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Welcome To Retroville! A FULL Neighborhood Themed Set*Now with B&W cars!*

by The Mod Squad Posted 25th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM - Updated 29th May 2008 at 8:09 AM by MTS2Staff : Fixed inline image

478 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 20
Test Subject
#276 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 2:18 PM
woah!!! now that is what i call a set. god dammit tho i wish i read to the bottom of posts first, wld really hav saved all that dwnloading. O well was worth it 4 such a beqautiful set thanks sooo much!!
Test Subject
#277 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 4:13 PM
I am tempted to have those but, where could i find the B&W car?
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 9:55 PM
Amazing work! Thanks so much for creating and sharing!
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 10:44 AM
My trees are green...should they be black and white?
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 10:45 AM
And oh yeah, LyricLee, why do you know so much?!
Test Subject
#281 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 9:27 PM
All i can say is wow! and theres me making 50's style earrings and you guys went the whole way!
Field Researcher
#282 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 8:08 PM
OMG!!!! I can't believe I missed this for such a long time!!! It's an absolutely cool and fantastic set you guys!!! I love it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing job... I can't keep my mouth shut around this set... lol. Thanks again!!!

My Sim Page at The Exchange

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

I'm thinking of changing my signature but I have no imagination
Test Subject
#283 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 10:07 PM
Wow! It's so great that you did this! Such attention to detail... amazing.
Space Pony
#284 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 10:25 PM
Not sure if it's allowed to ask questions in this thread or not. But when downloading these files and some end up as a subfolder in the dowloads file, should I take those files out of that folder to put in the downloads folder? Or is it okay to leave them in that sub folder?

Sure is some interesting things, and well worth the time it takes to DL all of it with dial up.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#285 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 11:41 PM
You can definitely use subfolder, if you like. Just be sure that sims, genetics and clothing are in the root Downloads folder (you can put them in the SavedSims folder, if you don't want to clog the Downloads).
Test Subject
#286 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 2:16 AM
Holy!! Words can't describe. **oozes gratitude (then downloads)**
Test Subject
#287 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 3:10 AM
2 words...W-ow
Test Subject
#288 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 3:11 AM
2 words...W-ow lol
Field Researcher
#289 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 6:49 AM
I'm having a problem w/ some of the mini adverising signs from the package "xanathon_adv_signs.rar." They're not all showing up in the game. Are all the signs supposed to show up under the color mini Coke icon shown in the catalog under "Decorative | Wall Hangings?"

I originally used those that were packaged in the big "all-in-one" download. Then I tried grabbing the rar file mentioned above to replace them but UltimateZip reports a CRC Error about two-thirds of the way through the extraction.

As far as I can tell, the signs missing are: Wurlitzer (color only), Bell Telephone, Chrysler-Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Heinz, Lee, Miller, Studebaker, and the Indian. The one's that *do* show up are: Wurlitzer (B&W only); Genesee, Packard, & Coke.

And also, a suggestion: Could you provide "collection folder" packages for each set as well? Would make it easier to locate all the items.
Test Subject
#290 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 10:37 AM
amazing
#291 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 1:19 AM
sweet about time the sims has a movie theater they thanks oh and im new to this place wat is a mesh
Forum Resident
#292 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madness
I'm having a problem w/ some of the mini adverising signs from the package "xanathon_adv_signs.rar." They're not all showing up in the game. Are all the signs supposed to show up under the color mini Coke icon shown in the catalog under "Decorative | Wall Hangings?"

I originally used those that were packaged in the big "all-in-one" download. Then I tried grabbing the rar file mentioned above to replace them but UltimateZip reports a CRC Error about two-thirds of the way through the extraction.

As far as I can tell, the signs missing are: Wurlitzer (color only), Bell Telephone, Chrysler-Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Heinz, Lee, Miller, Studebaker, and the Indian. The one's that *do* show up are: Wurlitzer (B&W only); Genesee, Packard, & Coke.

Hm. They all showed up fine here. I will have a look into this, when I'm back from a little weekend-mini-vacation. Sorry for any inconveniences.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#293 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 7:14 PM
wow!!! (speechless) just don't know what to say..ur so incredible..
thank u (",)
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 1:39 AM
great stuff! off to download!!
Test Subject
#295 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 3:35 PM
you just couldn't of put the all in one rars at the top...I came to them after i had downloaded everything else singularly...

but great job wityh everything,...#goes off to make neighbourhood#

BB ~~jo~~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#296 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 1:53 AM
Actually in rather big bold print, the FIRST post states that there is a compiled collection in post #12
Field Researcher
#297 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
Hm. They all showed up fine here. I will have a look into this, when I'm back from a little weekend-mini-vacation. Sorry for any inconveniences.

That's fine. Better info: I get the CRC error when UZ gets upto the file, "xanathon_sign_miller.package" then it quits. Went and double-checked my downloads folder and all the files (from the big zip) are all there. BTW: I forgot to mention that both Pepsi signs are the other one's not showing up. Also, if needed, I can post or send a screenshot of the buy catalog area in question.

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Test Subject
#298 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 10:08 PM
wow this stuff is awesome thanks so much for the 50s style clothes!! God knows we need way more of that!
Scholar
#299 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 11:40 PM
Awesome!!!
This is an incredible collection!
It's wonderfull of you to share it here with us, and I'm grateful to each and every one of you.This had to take a lot of time..., :bow:

[B][U][I]THANK YOU SO VERY,VERY MUCH!!!!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#300 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 5:09 PM
omg, i cant figure what i already dowhnloaded or didn't! :matrix:
Page 12 of 20